Lost Odyssey

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rectifier
Astral Realm

Re: Lost Odyssey

Post by Rectifier »

I used to live 15 minutes from Ann Arbor, its colder here. :evil:
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

Just curious: are there only a few trees where you live? They say that the less trees there are the harsher it is in terms of temperature and wind. That is why they say that lots of trees around your house will reduce heating/cooling bills. Last night, I went out to ice skate outside. I was out there for 30 minutes and could not feel my face when I came in. So, I feel your pain.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

ainsoph9 wrote:Just curious: are there only a few trees where you live? They say that the less trees there are the harsher it is in terms of temperature and wind. That is why they say that lots of trees around your house will reduce heating/cooling bills. Last night, I went out to ice skate outside. I was out there for 30 minutes and could not feel my face when I came in. So, I feel your pain.
Trees are indeed sparse compared to other places where I have lived.
Dyn0m1te
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Dyn0m1te »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Well I live in the middle of a desert. Phoenix AZ. I use to live up north near the great lakes so I know how cold it gets. Right now it's only hitting 80s-90s F, but in the summer it easily gets up to 115F every day. It can easily be deadly if you are out in the sun too long and get dehydrated. :?
80's - 90's? gtfo! got up to like low 70's max!

ANYWAY I'm glad Msoft decided to release Blue Dragon before Lost Odyssey. With how monumental (imo) the storytelling is, Blue Dragon would've disappointed. I like Blue Dragon, but it pales in comparison to Lost Odyssey.
I'm excited to see how good Cry-On will be?!

Now Sony needs to start releasing some good jrpg's to contend with it Luckily Shirokishi and FFXIII will be coming out..... one day... (in terms of quality, since c'mon... a 360 jrpg isn't going to sell that well anywhere, especially in its home market.)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

So, I picked up Lost Odyssey this weekend. I must say, "IT IS AWESOME!!!" I have not gotten very far yet, but it is definitely already addictive. I am hooked just for the storyline alone. Hopefully, this will not be the thing that fails me this last semester here at school...
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

If I emphasize somethings awesomeness, then it truly is awesome. I wouldn't lie to you guys. 8)
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

What the hell is with that annoying song in all the commercials for this game? It's not at all relevant and it doesn't even fit the mood of the game. I mean, Gawd.

It would turn me away from this game if that were possible; the damn song should only be sung by Richard Nixon.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Haha yeah, every time that commercial plays in this apartment we boo it. Freakin' 'Nam music for Lost Odyssey? What the hell were they thinking?
Dyn0m1te
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Dyn0m1te »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:If I emphasize somethings awesomeness, then it truly is awesome. I wouldn't lie to you guys. 8)
LIES!

Change guy is so very horrible!
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Dyn0m1te wrote:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote:If I emphasize somethings awesomeness, then it truly is awesome. I wouldn't lie to you guys. 8)
LIES!

Change guy is so very horrible!
Your taste is just flawed! I can't be held accountable for that. :?
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

I went and got the game, so far, awesome, but I'm still on the first disc :x
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I have gotten about half way through the first disc. The game has become one that I can see that eats people's souls. It is just that addictive. Some of the boss fights are pretty tough, too. I think that it has taken me somewhere between 5-10 hours to get this far, so I am guessing that the game will be anywhere from 40-80 hours long.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Gotten to the second disc, about 6-7 hours accumulated so far.

The boss fights are only hard until you figure out the right strategy for defeating them (aka fail 1-3 times first).

Good example would be the first boss fight, I figured it would be your typical "heal the fighters and grind it" kind of boss, but it turns out that pure offensive power is needed to kill it, still ended up with only Kaim surviving the battle, haven't had a boss battle as difficult as the first one yet.

*edit* The time accumulated should be at the top of the menu screen after pressing Y (top button) if you want to get the specifics.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I know how to get the time. It is just that I did not have the game on, and my computer is in another room. Therefore, giving the exact time would be a royal pain. That boss battle gave me a lot of grief. I beat the boss by just one turn. If it had fired its magic blast again, I would have been screwed.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

After watching Dyn0m1te fight the first disc bosses, I breezed through it easily when I played because I knew what to expect. Even then I still died to the first boss once. :roll:

Return to “Games & Computing”