Torrent help

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

VLC is for noobs, use CCCP with CoreAVC.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

magus wrote:Do you use VLC?
Occasionally. I mostly use The Core Media Player after having a bunch of trouble with Winamp. Now that I'm using another program, I see how much Winamp sucks for playing video.
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

Commypack started to lag when I was playing Diebuster....... VLC is the most stable one for me :3
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I use VLC, so I guess im a noob :3
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

vlc, and CCCP codec pack always works for me :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Actually, from what I have been told by my friends who have done research on VLC, VLC is one of the best programs out there in terms of coding alone. Also, it generates some the best quality in terms of video quality and codecs. That is what I am told anyhow. However, I prefer foobar2000 for listening to music, which my audiophile friend tells me is one of the best programs for that end. Back on topic though, I have found that uTorrent is the best program so far that I have worked with. This is simply for the reason that it does not kill your CPU and memory, like Azureus tends to after adding x number of torrents. I am told that BitComet is good, too, but I have never personally used it. My problem now is that my school uses Bess to block most of the torrenting sites out there for poor reasons. It is not a problem though because they have not buckled down on the anime specific ones for the most part.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

i got around my uni firewall by creating a VPN tunnel with Stunnel from the pc here, to my connected pc. then from there I open the browser on my pc.

Then i access myorb.com and stream the video to the university pc. so i can watch it. yay. :)

well dunno if it van be done these days. but you can give it a try. :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

VLC takes up MUCH less system resources (RAM, CPU, etc.) then about 99% of the stuff out there (which I have yet to find) and doesn't require codecs (MPC and ZoomPlayer require something like CCCP). Well, VLC is best for playing videos for people with shitty computers like me, and winamp or foobar2000 is good for audio.

The only problem with VLC is that it uses official standards of subtittling, so with softsubs, stuff can get messed up.

I've never used Azureus, but I can tell you that BitComet is good if you have a semi-good computer. It doesn't take up too much system resources and has a bunch of features. uTorrent is good if you have a crap computer. My only complaint about uTorrent is that it takes too long to recheck files. BitComet doesn't.

I haven't tried, but apparently tunneling helps for firewall problems.
Kanzar
Astral Realm

Post by Kanzar »

Jumpyshoes wrote:I've never used Azureus, but I can tell you that BitComet is good if you have a semi-good computer. It doesn't take up too much system resources and has a bunch of features. uTorrent is good if you have a crap computer. My only complaint about uTorrent is that it takes too long to recheck files. BitComet doesn't.

I haven't tried, but apparently tunneling helps for firewall problems.
Azureus: Resource Hog
uTorrent: For those new to Torrenting/Don't need many features/Low on Resource Requirement
BitComet: For those that use Public Trackers - many Private Trackers have banned this client
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Fortunatly my computer has plenty of resources, so I can use Azureus without worrying. :D
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

When I have my next computer(sometime over the summer, I'm getting one late as possible so it doesn't become outdated as quickly), I'll have plenty of system resources(Quad-Core Processors FTW!), but till then, it's utorrent for me.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Ohhh, quad-core, I'm a bit jealous. I'll probably be upgrading my rig when I graduate and get a job. Then I can give this computer to one of my younger siblings.

Return to “Games & Computing”