Shogun 2 Total War

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Shogun 2 Total War

Post by Fushichou »

Since there wasn't a topic for this, I thought I'd oblige.

Too lazy to make an essay over it, but so far I like it a lot. The only qualm I have is that some parts of the campaign are a little slow, but that's part of the challenge I suppose.
Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Shogun 2 Total War

Post by Poke2201 »

Rome Total War isnt that bad either.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I'm talking about the NEW Shogun though.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Fushichou wrote:The only qualm I have is that some parts of the campaign are a little slow, but that's part of the challenge I suppose.

Sounds like you're not at Realm Divide yet :lol:
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

BRAST. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFU.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

It seems like this game got a lot less attention than I thought it would in terms of sales and press...
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Too many people are raging at the lack of dx11 support and broken MP rankings

Apparently, a lot of the "top ranked" MP guys like to abuse alt + F4 to not record a loss

Light cav and yari samurai needs a huge buff while matchlocks are way too broken =/

SP needs an option to disable realm divide and it shouldn't be that easy for some of the AI controlled clans to die that easily *cough*Oda*cough*

Drop-in shouldn't allow the visitor to be out numbered 1500 to 45 either -_-
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

ben1234 wrote:Too many people are raging at the lack of dx11 support and broken MP rankings

Apparently, a lot of the "top ranked" MP guys like to abuse alt + F4 to not record a loss

Light cav and yari samurai needs a huge buff while matchlocks are way too broken =/

SP needs an option to disable realm divide and it shouldn't be that easy for some of the AI controlled clans to die that easily *cough*Oda*cough*

Drop-in shouldn't allow the visitor to be out numbered 1500 to 45 either -_-
I never have played Total War games for the multiplayer, so most of this is beyond what I've experienced. However, I can say that a lot of the supposed "better" units are in reality rather useless. I beat the entire campaign with a cookie-cutter strategy of a line of yari ashigaru and archers behind them that I would control and manipulate according to the battle. Then when I recruited units like kisho ninja, yari cavalry, and others, I found that even when I hit a unit from the flank, they still manage to take out several of my men, which is annoying because a unit of 45 diminishes rather quickly in that kind of setting.

What I liked about Rome: Total War was that if you hit a light infantry unit from behind with any kind of cavalry, they were done for. In Shogun, light cavalry almost always get wiped out, while other types struggle to find effective use when the very basic unit of infantry consists of spearmen (as to why they would make it that way, I have no idea).

Return to “Games & Computing”