Memories Off series

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

sleeppig
Astral Realm

Memories Off series

Post by sleeppig »

For those who don't know the game, here's the wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memories_Off

I didn't see any translation project going on. I am a fan of the series, but then I can't find any translation project for this series (at least google didn't give me any result), is it unpopular?
I am interested to see a project on it and I wonder if anyone interested in seeing the English version of the series? If this is not the place for talking about game translation, can anyone tell me the forum or group for discussing such topic?
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Memories Off series

Post by Fushichou »

I've actually been really wanting to play this series, but I'm sort of slow about it. I could get through it in Japanese, but a translation should definitely be made -- it looks really good.

(That said, I barely know anything about the story, but I've seen a lot of really nice art from the series, so I'm "judging a book by its cover".)
sleeppig
Astral Realm

Post by sleeppig »

Fushichou wrote:I've actually been really wanting to play this series, but I'm sort of slow about it. I could get through it in Japanese, but a translation should definitely be made -- it looks really good.

(That said, I barely know anything about the story, but I've seen a lot of really nice art from the series, so I'm "judging a book by its cover".)
Well the story is pretty well written, which make the company(formally called KID) as famous as Key( who made AIR, Clannad etc.). I think that's one of the reasons I would like to see this game translated. I think many people are missing out since not all of us understand Chinese or Japanese. I hope I could start the translation project, but then not sure where to gather more man power, haha.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I'm not adept enough in Japanese to actually translate without using a lot of reference, but I'm more than willing to help out editing any translations done.

You've got my vote. You should talk to the boss about it.
sleeppig
Astral Realm

Post by sleeppig »

Fushichou wrote:I'm not adept enough in Japanese to actually translate without using a lot of reference, but I'm more than willing to help out editing any translations done.

You've got my vote. You should talk to the boss about it.
If you understand Chinese, there is Chinese version to translate from as well. Btw, who's the boss? :?:
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I don't know ANY Chinese.

Send a message to Onizuka-GTO.

Make a thread in the Future Project Suggestions forum as well, following the guidelines shown in the forum.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

The anime series for this left a very very sour taste in my mouth... I will get nowhere near this game. :?

I can assure you the game will be much better than the anime, because you can't get much worse than that.

I just don't play visual novel games.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I remember the anime was one of the first series I ever watched and then I proceeded to give Memories Off 2nd a pretty high score

Though if I were to rewatch it now, it'd probably get like a 5/10 >_>

The fact that pretty much half the series got ported to the PSP does give me a better chance to play the games... if I ever find them
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

I've played 1, 3 and 5 on the psp, and although I didn't like 1, 3 and 5 were really good. I should think that translating the games shouldn't be that hard in terms of translation difficulty, as the language is generally easy to understand and the storyline is one of the shorter ones when compared with other visual novels. The main problem, as usual, is finding someone willing to translate o_O
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
Shdwfalcon
Astral Realm

Post by Shdwfalcon »

The translator will have to roughly go through the story's different routes before he or she can even start translating. Just jumping into the extracted text lines isn't gonna make things any better for both the would-be reader and the translator.

Return to “Games & Computing”