EVE Online?

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

EVE Online?

Post by onizuka-gto »

Anyone play this game? just wondering if it's any better then jumpgate?

I liked Jumpgate when i played it in free beta.

Now i've heard there's a new Jumpgate 2 and was tempted, but it's not out yet.

At the same time, i got a 21day trial for EVE, been playing it a few days, not sure about it.

any though on this soul sucking game?

Besides WOW, its probably the only game that runs okay on my laptop...
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: EVE Online?

Post by Umiman »

I hate it. Then again, I hate anything with grind. Also, I expected vicious, reflex based space combat when piloted a fighter. I didn't expect point-and-click adventures.

I'm sure there's some people here who swear by it though.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

hmm..okay. i've finally gotten the hang of EVE it's not bad, probably buy a 3 month subscription, until the new jumpgate comes out.

Ever since i finished Macross Frontier i've been itching for some space action.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

hmmm isn't it that if you do well enough in EVE that you don't have to pay the subscription with IRL money?
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol, eve online...if you want real time, multiplayer flight simulation with WWII styled planes and real time aerial fighting, check out:

(free online game)

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=eTmyWuraNHs

youtube link ~3minutes

The game is in japanese now i think though...but I also believe an english work is on the way, but don't quote me, i haven't looked up the english version much :)

EDIT: Gamecampus was supposed to do the english version, but they've dropped it...

Cooler Video Footage

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=HL9AxJ0z7 ... re=related

Maybe if you just give up on the english aspect Oni :). Actually, I'm getting new computer parts, (going to put them up in a forum) for a middle-ish gaming PC, which will beat my laptop, and be playing this, so if you want to try it, just wait for me to get it :)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

too late im hooked!

i've got a missile cruiser! die pirates! at leased its not WoW.....

*feeble excuse*

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Is it like one of those browser games, only with better graphic or graphic at all?

T o Something else, do exist any good SF-Games (RPG) with spaceships (somehow free exploration) and adventures on planets at all?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

well, there is no palent exploring, its not like elite or freelancer to that extent, but you get alot space fighting and stuff.

kinda hard to explain, here watch this youtube video from the game!

its all real here! no cgi! well...all the ship fighting footage is in game, the frigates, carriers, the drone swarms, the missile attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXWf-l71MY4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub0YaZoTvfI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsgOfn5gVB4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUEIneW9OVg

@Onizukademongto
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

tried abit also, never really caught me, takes way to much time to achieve thing, although it's more realistic, i just don't have the time for that.

played Anarchy Online for around 3/4 years before i started WoW, pretty nice Sci-fi MMORPG, although, i don't know how it is today, since they did remove alot of cool stuff from the game (from my perspective), have thought about going back now and then
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, I tried Eve too, but in the end I thought it was too generic and for that too expensive... I had a similiar experience with Neocron - a nice idea but in the end too generic. I tried Anarchy Online too, but the graphic of that game wasnt my thing so it was dropped really fast...

Darklor

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:Ah, I tried Eve too, but in the end I thought it was too generic and for that too expensive... I had a similiar experience with Neocron - a nice idea but in the end too generic. I tried Anarchy Online too, but the graphic of that game wasnt my thing so it was dropped really fast...
Lol. I did exactly that.

After I quit planetside, I tried anarchy, but it got annoying, then I played neocron which was interesting but it was far too restrictive in that it was hard to explore it far too few transporting facilities and took far too long to get a vehicle. Then into eve, but I that got to the point where it was far too restrictive to explore as well, as you would die far too often for so little gain.

So now I'm mmo-less, dunno what to look for now. Really enjoyed the planetside concept and the news of a sort of planetside set in the eve universe for consoles seem great. Its planetside reincarnated.

However I do wish it was on the pc....

@Onizukademongto
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I'm trying WAR online right now. Didn't take long to realize that, first, I am really late to the game's initial release and that, two, the game is dying fast.

I got EVE plus a month off Steam for $5 as a holiday deal and it's just not that fun. It requires too much thinking and there isn't a lot else to it other than killing pirates, etc, etc. It focuses too much on time played than time spent.

I tried to get FFXI, but the stupid credit card entry is such a pain that I just gave up -- I also got it for $5 off steam for the holidays anyway.

Age of Conan was fun for a little while, but the game is also nearly dead.

Star Wars Galaxies, I remember, was pretty much vacant last I tried it for the 3rd time about a year ago. I got a toon to level 60 (out of 90) and it was basically all solo.

Aion was a bust. It was easy to tell that it was a Korean MMO with the huge amount of grinding involved. The PvP was trash, in my honest opinion. I also hated the combat system even more than I hated Age of Conan's; both systems required too much effort for so much grind.

I quit WoW recently, but I'm seriously considering going back after Cataclysm comes out. For now I'm in the MMO dark ages.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

At the moment my hope for a better SF-MMO experience lies on the "Star" games

Darklor

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Fushichou wrote:I tried to get FFXI, but the stupid credit card entry is such a pain that I just gave up -- I also got it for $5 off steam for the holidays anyway.
I still play FFXI regularly and I don't think now would be a good time to attempt getting into it. Even though the game has become much more solo friendly, there are still plenty of things you need other people to help you with. The community is so old right now that a lot of the lower level stuff is hard to do because no one wants to do it anymore.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

So today I was bored and decided to get on my EVE Online account, which I haven't played for a good 3 weeks out of my 1 month trial. As it turns out, I was banned for logging in on the website about two weeks ago to make sure I didn't have a recurring payment down, which I happened to have done at 1:43 AM.

Apparently the company found this suspicious so, without even asking one thing about it, I was banned. poke them.

Return to “Games & Computing”