ASOS announcement: english dub cast

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

wedgejaeger
Astral Realm

ASOS announcement: english dub cast

Post by wedgejaeger »

Well, yeah, here's the voice actors for the english dub

Haruhi: Wendy Lee
Asahina: Stephanie Sheh
Yuki: Michelle Ruff
Kyon: Crispin Freeman
Koizumi: Johnny Bosch
Asakura: Bridget Hoffman
Tsuruya: Kari Wahgren

its on the ASOS brigade site, but if you just can't bring yourself to watch those videos (cause I stuggle to), then here ya go.

you guys can now glee in delight or scream in agony now
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

AARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*gasp*

AARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

BUT WHO IS DOING KYON NO IMOUTO?

IMPORTANT.

*starts looking up cast*
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

>_>

<_<

DAMN YOU STUPID ASOS!!! DUBBING SHOULD NEVER EXIST! LEARN TO READ YOU DAMN (north) AMERICANS!

I hope they don't butcher the anime that much.
Deesies
Astral Realm

Post by Deesies »

any examples of what they sound like? =)
wedgejaeger
Astral Realm

Post by wedgejaeger »

well I don't know if anyone saved the samples from the votes, but I can track down some examples of what they sound like in other things they've done

Haruhi: Wendy Lee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGekFYXk70k
1:00 faye valentine (she's a pretty well rounded voice actress)

Asahina: Stephanie Sheh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vZq33jkbSQ
orihime, first few seconds(red haired chick. this dub is sooo typecast)

Yuki: Michelle Ruff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wanEd-qSylM
42 seconds, sakura. (this doesn't bode well...)

Kyon: Crispin Freeman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEk_SN7Pjao
as himself (I hope he's better than he seems)

Koizumi: Johnny Bosch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7dLhyDBVlo
22 seconds, vash the stampeed (not quite what I think of Koizumi)

Asakura: Bridget Hoffman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU7Dghz2MVo
50 seconds, shinobu (thats not that bad)

Tsuruya: Kari Wahgren

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBWcW2xxWtY
11 seconds, shelke (your just going to have to imagine "energetic")
Moe_Ronn
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Moe_Ronn »

well I listened to the Kyon one and thought it kinda didn't suit him
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! ......wait what was I doing again?
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I hereby swear I will never listen to the English dub.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I second that.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

/me screams in agony
wedgejaeger
Astral Realm

Post by wedgejaeger »

I noticed several of these actors did the voices for bleach, which looked like they sucked. There better be some rediculously awesome director or something. This looks awfully torn between good and bad actors.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

*twitch* *twitch* What in the nine circles of hell?!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

this was so weird. when i was watching the asos episode and the who play plays haruhi i thought i recognized her. i thought she was like the original voice actor of haruhi. so i check out wikipedia on Haruhi Suzumiya and the cast. wasn't the same person but i swore i seen that person. so i was like forget it she looks like any million asian nobody and was picked. i would never find that person since i thought she was a nobody. when i was given the cast of the ppl who voiced it i was curious about their origin interesting to see some familiar faces when i saw the face of Johnny Yong Bosch. i was like "what" isn't that the guy who play the black ranger in the early days of power ranger. he was like the first asian guy to play in the series. this brought me back some great memories. so i was reading the piece of the last appearance of his debut as a ranger. this led to another fictional character cassie chan as the pink ranger and such. so i read about her too. so this girl herself is interesting and brought back the good old day. so i want to know her real name. so i click Patricia Ja Lee. and she didn't have many cast in the hollywood business. bit disappointed by this. then it shows. it hit be like it smack me across. she is currently thy haruhi of the asos brigade. i was like wow. within ten mins of watching the new episode, saw the news and the cast, i found her thinking i never will. then i feel a bit pity. i mean she is 32 years old right now and she playing a character that is half her age. man this is like that stupid philosophy video i had to watch about force of attraction. when u think u want something, basically it will come to you. i didn't seek it out, it seek me out so weird >_<
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

*withers in pain and agony*

Do American companies do this on purpose? Sometimes I wonder if they purposely hire crappy voice actors cuz they know about 90% don't listen to the English dubs.

Kari Wahgren, WTF? Well i don't have a sample of her being energetic so I don't know but I don't have high hopes.

Johnny Bosch might make a good Koizumi but I think Crispin Freeman would make a good Koizumi too. At least its better than Kyon. I think he sounds a little bit better.

Bridget Hoffman....meh...she doesn't sound great. Ptff. Asakura, even though is evil has this ojou-sama air about her. Sophisticated or the like? I dunno. This saddens me just a little.

Michelle Ruff as Yuki? WTF? NO WAY! I DON'T SEE IT!!!

Wendy Lee as Haruhi...... v_v; .... I'm sorry but I think she does better at being Faye. Wendy Lee's voice sounds to much like a mature womans. Just because she is good at acting angry, she is not a Haruhi. Haruhi is energetic...angry yes, but also a bit immature sounding. Wendy Lee won't fit. Her voice has too much sexual arousal to it. -_-;

ARGHGH CHOKING....CAN'T BREATH....EARS BLEEDING...*gurgles on own blood and dies*
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

^Bandai is a Japanese company; not American.

Return to “Animes”