The Big List of Anime

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Lol yeah when I first saw her in that scene I was thinking "... what's she doing? Is she having sex or something?" Until I saw the photo. :? Maybe in the future she'll hold Euphemia hostage after she gets rejected or be her secretary later in the series or something.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Trying to find episodes 1 + 2 on the hoboverse, no luck yet. :(
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

I got mine from gg.

Meh GEASS rocks. Pizza Hut advertistments FTW
/me claws out throat and dies
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Got it, thanks bud. I've seen too many melancholic animes recently and I need something to cheer me up. :D
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Go watch Kanon. You'll be even more depressed :P
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Is it any good? I don't mind watching another Melancholic anime, I just need a break atm.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

First few episodes might put you off by it's slow pacing, but once you get to episode 6 or so, things start to pick up. The series is currently in its second arc right now, and I think they're 2 more to go.

It's pretty good, considering it's by KyoAni and Key (Who did AIR)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Full Metal Panic!
9/10
Genre: Action, Comedy, Romance, Mecha

Overview: Sosuke Sagara has only known war ever since the age of 8. Being brought up as a gorilla fighter he later joins the group Mithril as a mercenary. He is assigned a bodyguard job to protect Kaname Chidori and needs to lead a normal high school kids life. This will be his most difficult mission yet...

Thoughts: I fell in love with the series on the first episode. It has a beautiful mix of action and comedy. While the comedy remains light-hearted and fun, the realism of battle injures and kills many of the characters. The writer keeps this mecha anime down to earth and fairly realistic. This is definitely in my top 5.

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
8.5/10
Genre: Comedy, Romance

Overview: Continuation of the FMP! series focusing on the high school romance tension between Sagara and Chidori. Short stories without much relevance to the rest of the series.

Thoughts: Hilarious! This is straight up comedy at its best. A nice breather in the middle of the storyline of FMP! It also builds upon the relationship between the two lead characters and reveals a bit more about supporting character romances.

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
9/10
Genre: Action, slight Comedy, slight Romance, Mecha

Overview: A new enemy has appeared and his target is Sagara and the Arbalest. Sosuke, despising the Arbalest and its Lambda Driver technology, must come to terms and fight to save everyone.

Thoughts: Great ending to the anime. Action by the truckloads while still retaining its comedy and romance factors. Don't forget to watch the OVA Tessa's Uneventful Day.

Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team
9.5/10
Genre: Action, Romance, Mecha

Overview: Shiro Amada is the newly named commander of the 08th Mobile Suit Team on Earth. On his transport down from the space colony he witnesses a fight between a damaged Gundam and a modified Zaku. After going out in a "Ball" repair vehicle the Gundam escapes. The Zaku and Ball were destroyed and the pilots forced to help each other survive. That is when Shiro met Aina Sahalin and fell in love.

Thoughts: My favorite Gundam series evar! The love story in this is very touching and pronounced. Torn apart by opposite factions in the war, they are forced to face each other time and time again, strengthening the feelings for each other. This series is very down to earth whereas the Gundams are nowhere near invincible. This has excellent moments of battle and storytelling. Even if you don't care for the rest of the Gundam series, watch this. Its unlike any other!
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

HolyCow wrote:First few episodes might put you off by it's slow pacing, but once you get to episode 6 or so, things start to pick up. The series is currently in its second arc right now, and I think they're 2 more to go.

It's pretty good, considering it's by KyoAni and Key (Who did AIR)
Alrighty, I'll check it out. Could I get a quick review or at least a genre about it? I don't want to think about AIR right now. I recently watched it and want to wash my mind of that monster. :P
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Kanon isn't really depressing per say. It does have a happy ending.

It's just got that Air feel, so think of it as sad-happy.

On a lighter note: Ever heard of 'too' much Gundam? I'll side with Dan and say... wtf..
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Umiman wrote:Kanon isn't really depressing per say. It does have a happy ending.

It's just got that Air feel, so think of it as sad-happy.

On a lighter note: Ever heard of 'too' much Gundam? I'll side with Dan and say... wtf..
Errr "too much gundam?"
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Kanon's pretty much the same genre as AIR... Slight romance, bittersweet and mostly tragic.

But Kanon has something AIR doesn't: KYON. That's right. KyoAni decided to clone Kyon and bring him over to Kanon. Don't believe me? Read the following few lines:

- What's so good? If it's your naked body I've already seen it.
- So you're running an errand? Well, go over to the bookshop and buy me an ero magazine then. You just have to ask the shop owner for it. It's something only mature people like me can buy.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

To me that really doesn't sound like Kyon. /shrugs

*EDIT* How is Guyver? I'm about to start watching it.
Last edited by TheGiftedMonkey on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

They're comments that the original Toei version didn't have. Remember that they're two versions of Kanon: The original 2002 Toei version and the 2006 KyoAni remake.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Found a magical hobo with episodes 1-6, looks like I gotta dl the rest in singles.

How is Guyver? I'm about to start watching it.

Return to “Animes”