To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OVA

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OVA

Post by ainsoph9 »

I watched this twice because I could not connect a couple of things (and because of watching and hearing Kuroko getting electrocuted never gets old).
Spoiler! :
So, I cannot figure out why Uiharu at the end rats out Kuroko on the stalking activity. She obviously knows that Misaka is going be angrier than a hornet and inflict serious pain upon Kuroko. It just seems too sadistic for her character, given that I did not see Kuroko really do anything to Uiharu to warrent such behavior. :? The other thing is how Uiharu knows that Kuroko was doing that stuff to begin with. No good explanation is given to my knowledge. Could I please get some help here understanding this? Thanks!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OVA

Post by Darklor »

ainsoph9 wrote:I watched this twice because I could not connect a couple of things (and because of watching and hearing Kuroko getting electrocuted never gets old).
Do you mind to share this part? :twisted:
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

What? Kuroko getting electrocuted? If it is that, then here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... opensearch
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

ainsoph9 wrote:What? Kuroko getting electrocuted? If it is that, :
Its not only that, but that in a trailer for the OVA

Darklor

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

ainsoph9 wrote:I watched this twice because I could not connect a couple of things (and because of watching and hearing Kuroko getting electrocuted never gets old).
Spoiler! :
So, I cannot figure out why Uiharu at the end rats out Kuroko on the stalking activity. She obviously knows that Misaka is going be angrier than a hornet and inflict serious pain upon Kuroko. It just seems too sadistic for her character, given that I did not see Kuroko really do anything to Uiharu to warrent such behavior. :? The other thing is how Uiharu knows that Kuroko was doing that stuff to begin with. No good explanation is given to my knowledge. Could I please get some help here understanding this? Thanks!
From what I saw...
Spoiler! :
For some unknown reason, Ueharu seems to think that Kuroko has no evil intentions of doing it, and is genuinely praising Kuroko for her efforts... And for how Ueharu knew, its probably because they are partners, so she is quite well-informed of Kuroko's activities?

Though I am a Ueharu fan, I seriously think that this part is just for comedy, kinda ruins her character, as you have mentioned.
Does that answer your question? Probably the producers just love Kuroko being electrocuted just as much as you do?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

That kind of gives an explanation to my question, but seriously that seems to be something that Saten would say or do either out of spite or accidentally by a slip of the tongue (most likely the latter). Another question that I have is: how on earth is it possible for middle school girls to be so perverted as they are in this series? Seriously, Kuroko is obviously someone who needs a restraining order put on her to say the least, and Saten has a panties obsession. It just seems odd to me from a childhood/teenage development standpoint... :?
ShadowZeroHeart

ainsoph9 wrote:That kind of gives an explanation to my question, but seriously that seems to be something that Saten would say or do either out of spite or accidentally by a slip of the tongue (most likely the latter). Another question that I have is: how on earth is it possible for middle school girls to be so perverted as they are in this series? Seriously, Kuroko is obviously someone who needs a restraining order put on her to say the least, and Saten has a panties obsession. It just seems odd to me from a childhood/teenage development standpoint... :?
Firstly I do not agree that Saten has a panties obsession... I believe it is her way of showing care towards Ueharu, since Ueharu may on several occasions seem introvert... Saten probably broke Ueharu's outer shell by making her angry, and thus getting close to her in such a manner. One very memorable moment to prove this is in the main series, when Ueharu requests that Saten do not upskirt Ueharu's new friend, Saten gave a blank look and said "Why would I do that?" Thus proving she ONLY does it to Ueharu, probably for a reason.

As for Kuroko, I have no comments... Maybe a Kuroko fan should take the stand for this one?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

It is not like Saten has to be Tomoki from Sora no Otoshimono to have a panties obsession. Someone can be obsessed with things exclusive to another person or thing. Regardless, my point is that if Saten wants Uiharu to open up more as a friend, it is not like there are not other ways of doing it without embarrassing and sexually harassing Uiharu. It is not like Saten does a lot of this stuff in private either, which would still be perverse but not as "bad." Also, for the remark to be made in the first place about Saten, that says something. Reputations generally do not precede people, whether for good or bad, for no reason at all.
ShadowZeroHeart

No complaints on your comments, but we didn't write the story, i wont be surprised even if its mainly to attract more audience.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, you mean with OVA the (last) Railgun series? Thought it was a TV - series - my bad. Thought you were writing about a trailer for a second season Railgun as a OVA series... ;)

Darklor

Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

For goodness sake Shadow, you have Uiharu in your avatar! At least spell her name correctly! The letter "e" and letter "i" aren't even close to each other in the keyboard! And don't tell me you aren't using a QWERTYUIOP keyboard.

Anyway, I thought that scene was supposed to be more comedy than anything to do with Uiharu being spiteful or anything. Maybe she was being innocently naive when she said that, or she might be doing this out of pure mischief, and that's probably where the joke is - Don't mess with Uiharu too much.

Just look at Saten-san's horrified expression as she looks towards Uiharu, it's as though Uiharu's telling her "Flick my skirt too often and you'll end up like Kuroko." i.e. Poor Kuruko was used as an example. lol

OTOH, you could even say Uiharu's doing a favour for Kuroko, as if you listen to her screams carefully, Kuroko actually enjoys getting electrocuted by her beloved onee-sama. :D

To sum it up, try not to think too much into this.

BTW, anyone noticed the Saten x Uiharu yuri vibes in the OVA OP? There's a part where Kuroko was filming them sitting side by side on a bench sleeping, and Saten-san tilted her head towards Uiharu. She then opens her eyes and blushes hardly when she realizes that Kuroko has got it all on tape. Sweet. <3
ShadowZeroHeart

Can't remember why, but I always have her name as a "e", think i saw it somewhere, cant recall haha!

Another reason being that I watch the series with Chinese subs, instead of English, so its by sound to me, the exact spelling is not too clear to me, haha, though if you ask me, i can type the chinese name haha!

As for the so-called Yuri vibe? Its not really? Anyone might be embarassed if you take a video of them sleeping... But its up to each person's imagination though
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Animes”