Halo Legends

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Halo Legends

Post by b0mb3r »

I must say is much better than Batman Gotham Knight. The art for all of them are wonderful and consistent. Is all because of Bungie color scheme and design it made the anime series look so much better. It looks more earthy-tone than most color scheme i have issued with in today's anime. This is a must-watch for Halo-fans. God I love marty's music. anyway here are my reviews from Top-Worst:

The Package: Holyshit I've never seen Appleseed but seeing Spartans in 3-D and kicking ass with space battles and CQC was awesome. What was even awesomer was the usage of using characters from the book series.

Origins: Is the Halo history narrated by Cortona. My God the details and color scheme as I watch this looks like one of the Halo comics I have read. Is just so damn detailed and documented that I love it. Definitively a huge story boost that was lacking from the Halo 2 and 3 game. I think I.G. made it. (though is the least action-oriented one)

Prototype: a great excuse to show a mech-suit and short character development. Well done Bones.

Homecoming: This one had bad animation in my opinion but it has the deepest character development of the whole package (well not too deep compare to the whole genre) using a plot-device i remember from the books. Toei-created I think?

Babysitter: I like the interaction portray between the ODST and a Spartan during this mission. That or I simply like looking at ODST animated by my favorite studio, Studio 4C.

The Duel: Basically Arbiter on a quest of vegenace. Sigh is so f*cking cliche, is so Japan-oriented that it didn't protrayed the Elite/Sangheili culture. Poor 3-D and a stupid WASH over the whole episode is like watching through a curtain.

Odd One Out: Sigh supposedly the comedic story of the bunch. Basically Covenant send a "Super-Brute" against Spartan 1337. This turned so DBZ-ish they even had had two teenagers who looks like DBZ-rip-off who assist him to fight against this Brute in a DBZ-way with explosion and mountains diminishing.

So yeah I highly recommend it. The only thing that bugs me was Master Chief's voice and how females are portrayed (not physically) in this series.

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Halo Legends

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Yeah, I picked this up on midnight the day it came out. I was very pleased with it. Prototype and The Package were by far the best. I get a stiffy for this kinda stuff, as most of you may already know this from my love of FMP. I would suggest at least reading 'The Fall of Reach' first so you can learn the back story and characters. 8)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I would suggest at least reading 'The Fall of Reach' first so you can learn the back story and characters. 8)
This.

baka baka baka
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Can anyone who doesn't get a hard-on watch this and give us a real report?
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

i've watched Halo Legends last night, and I think most of the are pretty cool, worth a watch i'd say :)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

I wonder if the decision to have a halo movie is good or not. Halo anime is certainly cool and the novels too, in exploring the universe but does a movie help? I do have mix feelings about this. I personally met Frankie (guy in character of marketing this stuff) and he said he would like one but they don't need one. Looking at all those cool commercial using live actors and crazy props I so want to make one. This could be inner wishing since I would love to work on the props of making a halo movie. If I couldn't be a jedi in the new trilogy I hope I can make the guns for a halo movie.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

It is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Return to “Animes”