Strike Witches

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Strike Witches

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Ugh! I'm 10 mins into the first episode and I already have to rant about it. :?

First off, all the girls wearing bloomers/pantsu/suzumiku... Ikkitousen didn't even shove fanservice material down my throat this hard. I swear every time I blink the camera is doing a 180 degree pan shot of some loli nether regions.

Secondly, a tractor that was going less than 5mph, the driver slamming on the brakes, and suddenly it's spinning out like a freaking stock car, not to mention throwing the passengers and cargo off of the trailer? *flails his arms about*

*EDIT* Just finished the first episode.

None of the girls wear pants... ever?!

Oh god, the main character is an anti-war hippie. You know that's all and good when going to war is something that was decided. In the case of protecting an entire species from annihilation though, that's pretty much just saying everyone should just end their own lives. :roll:
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Strike Witches

Post by Darklor »

Good or bad? If bad welcome in the club: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2195&start=15#p49521 if good - *Ugh* ;)

But what I could read of the translation of the first novel of the series we have at the wiki was surprisingly not that bad in my opinion, but luckiliy there we can not see that much of their outfits ;) in such weird angles
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

And this is why I avoid stuff from Gonzo like the plague :roll:
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

I just finished the second episode, this is just masochism now...

I utterly hate their outfits. Cute militaristic while still trying to keep it serious is a no-fly-zone for me. That just makes me rage on and on.

I honestly do enjoy the concept. If they made the girls a bit older, more mature, and they wore appropriate clothing (or even something just a little more sensible), I could picture this being a much better watch.
Darklor wrote:Good or bad? If bad welcome in the club: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2195&start=15#p49521 if good - *Ugh* ;)

But what I could read of the translation of the first novel of the series we have at the wiki was surprisingly not that bad in my opinion, but luckiliy there we can not see that much of their outfits ;) in such weird angles
If you still don't get what I'm raging about Dark, I mean bad. Very very bad.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Ugh! I'm 10 mins into the first episode and I already have to rant about it. :?

First off, all the girls wearing bloomers/pantsu/suzumiku... Ikkitousen didn't even shove fanservice material down my throat this hard. I swear every time I blink the camera is doing a 180 degree pan shot of some loli nether regions.

Secondly, a tractor that was going less than 5mph, the driver slamming on the brakes, and suddenly it's spinning out like a freaking stock car, not to mention throwing the passengers and cargo off of the trailer? *flails his arms about*

*EDIT* Just finished the first episode.

None of the girls wear pants... ever?!

Oh god, the main character is an anti-war hippie. You know that's all and good when going to war is something that was decided. In the case of protecting an entire species from annihilation though, that's pretty much just saying everyone should just end their own lives. :roll:
seen the first few episode, and I have to say, I've come to pretty much the same conclusion as you
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I jumped from the first episode to the last - to see how it ends ;) but I didnt bother with the episodes in between... ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I heard Gonzo almost went Bankrupt around the time they produced this show...
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

no wonder
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

My response?

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

ben1234 wrote:And this is why I avoid stuff from Gonzo like the plague :roll:
It is a shame, too. Gonzo has done some amazing stuff in the past. Recently, they have been really getting into the fanservice. I would like know why in a way, but I think that I would wind up killing myself from hearing the crap-tastic answer.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ben1234 wrote:And this is why I avoid stuff from Gonzo like the plague :roll:
funny i finished saki a while back and i enjoyed that series. though i heard later gonzo has to give that right away to another production company. i also have to watched a series many recommend to me:

Gankutsuou: the space opera twist verison of monte cristo.
my father told me the story as a child, i read the book, watch the over-sword play movie and now i need to see an anime version of it.

I have yet to see the anime verison of Samurai 7. i seen bit of the old movie so i should finish that.

Kaleido Star i want to watch for its circus flare

i'll never forget Blue Submarine No. 6 from the toonami days.

Welcome to the NHK! i am curious to see how diiferent it was from the manga and novel

Seto no Hanayome is a wishful thinking when i have time

so yeah gonzo had ton of shit: won't forgive the poor adaptation of Rosario + Vampire and Kaze no Stigma but still they have some great treasures

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Their only involvement in Seto no Hanayome was the animation. They had no influence on how the script turned out the way it did (some credit goes to AIC for stopping Gonzo from screwing up).

They were also involved with FMP back in 02 and everyone knows how epic that was.

It's actually a miracle that they didn't screw up on NHK as much as they did on Black Cat.

But sometimes, you just have to question how they can go from stuff like Gankutsuou to making crap like Speed Grapher
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ben1234 wrote:But sometimes, you just have to question how they can go from stuff like Gankutsuou to making crap like Speed Grapher
a mystery isn't it? or is it experimentation?

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

ben1234 wrote:Their only involvement in Seto no Hanayome was the animation. They had no influence on how the script turned out the way it did (some credit goes to AIC for stopping Gonzo from screwing up).
Thank you for clearing that up quickly Ben. I hate when Seto is mentioned and people think Gonzo. :?
b0mb3r wrote:I have yet to see the anime verison of Samurai 7. i seen bit of the old movie so i should finish that.
The movie was pretty damn good, especially for its time. The anime on the other hand was meh at best.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

I never even considered of watching/bothering this show/series until I saw Hanna-Justina Marseill. She has one of the best character design I've seen in a long time and I'm jealous. now I am interested to know everything about this character. can you guys spoil some for me?

baka baka baka

Return to “Animes”