Dragonball Kai

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rectifier
Astral Realm

Dragonball Kai

Post by Rectifier »

Dragonball Z without the filler and reformatted into HD? Awesome.

Censored battlewounds because of the timeslot? Not so awesome.

I, however, still love this (same animations, just fixed up) because it changes what our only complaint was about the series when we were younger, action that takes more than 5 minutes of powering up/staring to start a fight. The fact that this series should only be a hundred episodes compared to the bulky 290 episodes from the original run is also very nice.

The series is already up to episode 8 and the fight with the saibamen starts in the next episode.

Compare that to the 22nd episode from the original run and the 16th from the dubbed version when that conflict beings.

Thoughts?
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Dragonball Kai

Post by Dan »

Really? Awesome, maybe I'll check it out. If only because this was my first taste of anime.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

I dunno... calling it HD isn't quite right because the animation and art is all the same, just with the filler cut out. If they redid everything in HD, then it would be noteworthy. Now it's just like a shortened version of the original Dragonball Z.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Would it have hurt to polish up the animation that much?
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Umiman wrote:I dunno... calling it HD isn't quite right because the animation and art is all the same, just with the filler cut out. If they redid everything in HD, then it would be noteworthy. Now it's just like a shortened version of the original Dragonball Z.
Well sure it isn't epic HD, but they're using the SAME animations, you can't do much with that in the first place.

And anyways I'm a fan of Dbz so this doesn't bother me as much as people who went "meh" at the series but watched regardless.
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Rectifier wrote:Well sure it isn't epic HD, but they're using the SAME animations, you can't do much with that in the first place.

And anyways I'm a fan of Dbz so this doesn't bother me as much as people who went "meh" at the series but watched regardless.
Seconded. :mrgreen:
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Zyzzyva165 wrote:
Rectifier wrote:Well sure it isn't epic HD, but they're using the SAME animations, you can't do much with that in the first place.

Seconded. :mrgreen:
Thirded

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

And b0mb3r continues to spam...
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ainsoph9 wrote:And b0mb3r continues to spam...
I'm eating hot pot and is my break. I've been working hard on my animation so lay it off.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yummy.

Return to “Animes”