Asura Cryin'

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Muffinman
Astral Realm

Asura Cryin'

Post by Muffinman »

Well the first episode of Asura Cryin' has aired, and although it got confusing at times it was still fairly enjoyable. What does anyone else who has seen it think about?
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Asura Cryin'

Post by Assassin »

Muffinman wrote:Well the first episode of Asura Cryin' has aired, and although it got confusing at times it was still fairly enjoyable. What does anyone else who has seen it think about?
I'd say that I laughed at my fellow forumers from another forum who thought Asura Cryin' is a harem romance anime as a main genre. I'd like to see their shocked faces after seeing all the hulabaloo of the first episode.

... I heard someone said that the first episode compresses about 5 manga chapters of it, but I don't know about the novels though.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

Assassin wrote:
Muffinman wrote:Well the first episode of Asura Cryin' has aired, and although it got confusing at times it was still fairly enjoyable. What does anyone else who has seen it think about?
I'd say that I laughed at my fellow forumers from another forum who thought Asura Cryin' is a harem romance anime as a main genre. I'd like to see their shocked faces after seeing all the hulabaloo of the first episode.

... I heard someone said that the first episode compresses about 5 manga chapters of it, but I don't know about the novels though.
That episode was anything but a romance :p But the name, promo picture, and manga cover did confuse me about what Asura Cryin' was fully about. Also I haven't had a chance to look at the manga but after the events of the first episode I would say that it was definitely made up of more then 1 chapter.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

At the moment I also think its somehow confusing. Are the novels also like that?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Darklor wrote:At the moment I also think its somehow confusing. Are the novels also like that?
Beats me. :|

Anyway, for episode 2... agh I can't get my thinking off these lines:

"Tomoharu~! Coffee, please~!"

/me facepalms as he remembers Kurosaki-senpai saying that line

No, really, it's too enticing (seriously) for my ears. Not to recall she's still in lingerie during that time :mrgreen:

/me facepalms over himself again. Dirty thinking, Assassin, dirty thinking!

Tomoharu, you lucky Itsuki! :lol:
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Strange, somehow I have in nearly every episode till now the feeling as if I miss something of the story - Is it only me? Is it the anime or is it all the same for the readers of the books, too?

Darklor

blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

Asura Cryin' has potential.... but I'm near my limit of incomprehension. Love the OP and ED, the rest? um.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Love the OP and ED too!! As for the story, i am guessing because it is made from a light novel, there may be a lot of details that are written in words that are hard to put into the anime... maybe things will slowly clear up? Oh well, but its a good anime so far, keeping myself tuned to it!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

btw. dtio for the OP and even more for the ED - Do you know if the singer did more titles like this?

Darklor

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

They did the songs for Fafner and Stellvia of the Universe (whatever that is) as well.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah thanks! But I would say she did overdo it a little bit there. I think in that op she sounds sporadically as if she do yodel a little bit and that isnt something I really like. ;) So the Asura Cryin songs are ways better. But this series is science fiction and even not a bad one so it is totally a win for me so thanks again for the information. ;)

Darklor

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Did Tomo at the beginning in episode 1 of the anime really say that his mother did throw him out of their home? Or is it a mistranslation? I ask because in the fan-translation of that part of the light novel its differently explained...

Darklor

quethiril
Project Translator

Post by quethiril »

What is the point of this series? I watched it through to episode 7 (or whichever one is all about Shuri) because there were so many unanswered questions and I was curious. But nothing ever happened. There is no greater goal to the story. Just randomness, like that episode with the lake monster.

I mean, I can guess that this will eventually be some "save the world" type of thing, but how? why? when?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Or he will be a bring the world down type... :twisted:

Darklor

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

The story in my opinion is not too bad, though there are much to be explained... And i think the "save the world" thingy would be when Tomo decides whether to become an "Asura Cryin"... And does anyone know if the novel has ended yet?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!

Return to “Animes”