Anime Saimoe Tornament 2006

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Anime Saimoe Tornament 2006

Post by onizuka-gto »

while My web browser is having some problem displaying the character set, it is a Tornamanet held in Japan to find out the no.1 anime series for this year.

http://saimoe2006.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

From what I understand, there is a four way intense contest between Rozen Maiden, S. Haruhi, Aria, and Shana as a surprising contender.

Lots of Japanese so I great way for you to test those language skills.
:wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Da~Mike
Astral Realm

Post by Da~Mike »

When you see garble like this, either you have to change your windows language setting to Japanese or some oriental language.

Alternatively, try downloading one of those language programmes like NJstar. However, I don't think it's freeware.

Funny how only a tiny portion of the page is in English, which points fingers at "foreign" users.

Honestly, I don't know why those Japanese sods take themselves so seriously... :roll:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Well it can only be the same japanese sods who come from 2chan and visit animesuki forum and the lieks and complain when we talking about "incorrect" anime stuff.

:roll:

Really, they don't care about how well we translate the novels or animes, they just want something to cry about, its what they live for. :roll:

elitesm isn't cool anymore these days. :P
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Call to arms to as many Haruhi-ists, or rather, Yuki-ists and Mikuru-ists possible.

Today (Aug 26th) would feature Mikuru and Yuki. Two days ago, while Haruhi won comfortably, but her vote share was significantly decreased from the previous qualifier round. We must not let complacency set in for Mikuru and Yuki, so get your arses moving!

Follow the illustrated instructions in page one of this ASuki thread below, and you should do fine.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... post657048

Voting for Aug 26th would take place from 0100 to 2300 hours Japan time. Use this website below to find out what time does that correspond to in your timezone.

http://www.timeanddate.com/
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

CALL TO ARMS TO ALL HARUHI-ISTS - SAIMOE TOURNAMENT

Post by Kinny Riddle »

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... 05&page=65

CALLING ALL HARUHI-ISTS. Go to this AnimeSuki thread link above and read this post:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.ph ... count=1272

Hopefully, most of the instructions are there. PM Arimfe in ASuki if you have any questions.

Haruhi will need a strong showing if she is to emphatically shut up those anti-Haruhi-ists. Any complacency and they might just sneak one past Haruhi. EVERY (valid) VOTE COUNTS.
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

FINAL CALL FOR ALL HARUHI-ISTS! UNLEASH YOUR VENGEANCE!

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Today is the final, and you may have noticed, "Where're all the SOS Dan girls? What's in it for me?" Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess they're all out, yet that doesn't mean Haruhi-ists are no longer needed.

As all of you may be aware, all three SOS Dan girls have been drawn in the same group, so come the third round, only Yuki remains as the Haruhi-ists sole standard bearer.

In the quarter-final, Yuki was drawn with Suiseiseki of Rozen Maiden, another hot favourite. Yet something happened, during the course of the day, someone posted false updates implying that Yuki was winning by miles, thus gearing up the anti-Haruhi-ists to come out to vote, much like how Karl Rove roused all the Christian right to come out to vote for Bush.

In the end, Yuki lost by 200 votes. But that's not all, the invalid votes graph showed that someone deliberately fed Yuki over 1000 fake votes, which was abnormally high (normally characters only get 100-300 fake votes), just to give the false impression that Suiseiseki was trailing badly, thus convincing all the anti-Haruhi-ists to be compelled to vote for Suiseiseki.

Again, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out foul play is at hand. There's no evidence to show that it's the Rozen fans that did it, but their anti-Haruhi-ist gloating attitude after the vote count was just despicable.

In the semi-final, this vanquisher of Yuki, Suiseiseki, went to meet Shana from Shakugan no Shana, another Itou Noiji character. Maybe there was a revenge vote factor this time from some of the Haruhi-ists, yet in the end, Suiseiseki won by a mere 41 votes. Obviously, Suiseiseki CAN be beaten, but it'll require more Haruhi-ists.

This means if everyone here, about 20-30 people, all voted against Suiseiseki in the final today, Yuki will get her revenge and justice will be served! YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.ph ... count=1871

Everything is in this link above, most of them anyway.

Stay tuned to this thread for the latest updates

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... 86&page=94

Of course, in order to avenge Yuki, make sure you don't vote for the wrong girl. VOTE FOR FATE TESTAROSSA from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's. She's out last hope of shutting those annoying arrogant anti-Haruhi-ist gits up.

EVERY VALID VOTE COUNTS, REALLY! Just look at the semis!

Here I can afford to be blatantly biased, and I don't care. :p

Should Yuki's revenge be complete, I'll finish translating volume 4 by the end of November for all your contribution.
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bicube »

Feito-chan voted. I can't believe that much underhanded play was involved..
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

I voted too.
246 :鬼図化ーGTO:2006/10/28(土) 09:15:18 ID:Q5CZ9HyV

[[A0628-Urdr/10D-FY]]
<<フェイト・テスタロッサ@魔法少女リリカルなのはA's>

but just checking the thread...

568 :清き一票@名無しさん :2006/10/28(土) 09:51:23 ID:05/VRzK9
[[A0628-RdrUzYTL-Nc]]
<<翠星石@ローゼンメイデン トロイメント>>

569 :清き一票@名無しさん :2006/10/28(土) 09:51:59 ID:BnWNpL2K
[[A0628-ekuKmlbi-FC]]
<<翠星石@ローゼンメイデン トロイメント>>

570 :清き一票@名無しさん :2006/10/28(土) 09:52:02 ID:zAieaHeq
[[A0628-7T4z7kIj-Nb]]
<<翠星石@ローゼンメイデン トロイメント>>

571 :清き一票@名無しさん :2006/10/28(土) 09:52:08 ID:a4cDERbK
[[A0628-PTKLzufa-Nh]]
<<翠星石@ローゼンメイデン トロイメント>>

572 :清き一票@名無しさん :2006/10/28(土) 09:52:34 ID:ZriOj3m7
[[A0628-gI6HX5rN-Na]]
<<翠星石@ローゼンメイデン トロイメント>>

573 :清き一票@名無しさん :2006/10/28(土) 09:52:37 ID:ZgW9W7wG
[[A0628-bpoiSpeX-NA]]
<<フェイト・テスタロッサ@魔法少女リリカルなのはA's>>
今日は帰られなさそうだから、携帯で投票してみる
今年も支援MAD楽しかったです!
なのはとの対決の時の大切な嫁を…てのワラタw
最後の一戦、かなり厳しいけど…

フェイト「でも耐えられる…あの子だって…耐えたんだから!」

なのは「フェイトちゃ~ん、がんばれ~」

574 :清き一票@名無しさん :2006/10/28(土) 09:52:41 ID:kaSPy3j/
[[A0628-ZFab9U5i-NM]]
<<翠星石@ローゼンメイデン トロイメント>>

575 :清き一票@名無しさん :2006/10/28(土) 09:52:44 ID:bz48+TAS
[[A0628-st3UTQtd-MG]]

Then at 600 count, all non Faito-chan vote.

Its so many other then A's ... :(
i think there is a flaw in the voting system. so many for the other.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

@Onizukademongto
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Don't believe what you saw, it may be the same underhand tactics used to deter people who want to vote Fate to think it's a hopeless caused.
<<フェイト・テスタロッサ@魔法少女リリカルなのはA's>
By the way, Onizuka, your vote might be invalid as you missed a ">" sign at the end. Go vote again!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

what? I have to do it again because i missed a single ">" ?

how fickle... :roll:

290 :鬼図化ーGTO:2006/10/28(土) 22:37:59 ID:Q5CZ9HyV
[[A0628-Urdr/10D-FY]]
DONE!

:D

@Onizukademongto
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

I really feel sick. Why do all the arrogant pricks in the real world always win? Is that why the bad guys always lose in fiction just so the authors could vent their frustration of the real world?

But still good work everyone. Fate fought valiantly and was 61 votes short this time.

At least we all know that Suiseiseki, like Chelski, will forever have her glory tarnished by that record. Come Saimoe 2007, even though there'll be no SuzuHaru girls (as they won't be eligible because there's no show in 2007), I'll be sure to remind everyone to come out and vote against Suiseiseki every opportunity. lol

Ah well, at least I don't have to pressure myself to finish translating volume 4 in such a hurry. xD

On the other hand, I don't hate Suiseiseki personally, but the manner of how her fans behaved deeply offended me, so shoot me for being a whining fanboy.
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Kinny Riddle wrote:On the other hand, I don't hate Suiseiseki personally, but the manner of how her fans behaved deeply offended me, so shoot me for being a whining fanboy.
I agreee completely! I hated it when Yuki lost and everyone was rubbing it in our faces. If they animate volume four for the next season, Yuki is s sure win, so I'm not worried. :D

Return to “Animes”