An anime with and without some things... how it will be?

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Assassin
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

An anime with and without some things... how it will be?

Post by Assassin »

Basically, let's talk about "what if anime in general takes out this this and that that and adds this this and that that." A friend told me his requirements for what he wants as an awesome anime to be a full-fledged fan...
Setting: Good ol' western, especially something that can remind him of Bioshock and TF2

Must contain:

+ Extra gore
+ Extra action
+ Extra awesomeness
+ Extra awesomeness
+ Extra awesomeness
+ Extra awesomeness

Must do:

- Less girls
- Less romance
- Less talk
- Less crap
- Less crap
- Less crap
Whatever his "awesome" and "crap" means, only he knows; as it's too vague for me. Let's just say that he requires gunfights at the least in his anime with real stuff flowing out etc, explosions, manly men who kick each other's butt, or something like Van's personality (boring-faced and dull, yet shows his "KILL!!!" face whenever the clawed guy is mentioned) or Samurai Champloo's hiphop incorporation into its series.

Right now I can only tell him to wait for Gonzo's The 5 Killers.

But seriously, I can't imagine any anime which meets this somehow weird criteria of his, and I can't even imagine what an anime will be like if it does meet his criteria. What do you think, guys?

Geez, it's hard to understand what he's thinking.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Re: An anime with and without some things... how it will be?

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Fist of the North Star.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

He'll need guns for that ;P

Fist of The North Star is a martial arts series, ain't it not? The guy said he wants guns.

Or maybe he needs a TV-animated TF2 series. o_O;;
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Well, I'd suggest Trigun, but it has girls.

Fist of the North Star is pure manliness. So even if it doesn't have guns, he should enjoy it.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Gantz. Problem is it has girls, and they are naked, and it sounds like he wouldn't enjoy that... And there is talking, a bunch of stuff about killing and raping, stuff like that... Oh and there's sex in it too, which wasn't on his list of wants so... Yeah he probably wouldn't like Gantz...

Have him try Card Captor Sakura! 8)

On a serious note, Black Lagoon or Gantz should be good starters for him.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Gantz. Problem is it has girls, and they are naked, and it sounds like he wouldn't enjoy that... And there is talking, a bunch of stuff about killing and raping, stuff like that... Oh and there's sex in it too, which wasn't on his list of wants so... Yeah he probably wouldn't like Gantz...

CCS ahh yeah!
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Sailormoon
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Assassin wrote:Basically, let's talk about "what if anime in general takes out this this and that that and adds this this and that that." A friend told me his requirements for what he wants as an awesome anime to be a full-fledged fan...
Setting: Good ol' western, especially something that can remind him of Bioshock and TF2

Must contain:

+ Extra gore
+ Extra action
+ Extra awesomeness
+ Extra awesomeness
+ Extra awesomeness
+ Extra awesomeness

Must do:

- Less girls
- Less romance
- Less talk
- Less crap
- Less crap
- Less crap
Whatever his "awesome" and "crap" means, only he knows; as it's too vague for me. Let's just say that he requires gunfights at the least in his anime with real stuff flowing out etc, explosions, manly men who kick each other's butt, or something like Van's personality (boring-faced and dull, yet shows his "KILL!!!" face whenever the clawed guy is mentioned) or Samurai Champloo's hiphop incorporation into its series.

Right now I can only tell him to wait for Gonzo's The 5 Killers.

But seriously, I can't imagine any anime which meets this somehow weird criteria of his, and I can't even imagine what an anime will be like if it does meet his criteria. What do you think, guys?

Geez, it's hard to understand what he's thinking.
i think your friend should shut the hell up and watch some Grenadier

baka baka baka
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

I agree with the shut the hell up part, he has no poking idea what a good story contains (requirements...ffs its a story! just experience it and then talk about what happened, don't lay it all out beforehand, that's just a doomed-to-fail cheap shortcut). It's like outlining the differences between the Matrix and Sin City and then deciding to watch them based on generic content; it's just poking dumb.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

I see that he has quite a problem with the existence of women and romance in anime :?

hmm let's see:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Gantz. Problem is it has girls, and they are naked, and it sounds like he wouldn't enjoy that... And there is talking, a bunch of stuff about killing and raping, stuff like that... Oh and there's sex in it too, which wasn't on his list of wants so... Yeah he probably wouldn't like Gantz...

CCS = quite an insult for him :D
Black Lagoon = he's not going to be fine with Levy as the kickass gunslinger... :D
Gantz = I think he does read the manga, although he often skips the talk and go straight for the gore... Yeah, he does.
Umiman wrote:Sailormoon
If he can survive that, I'd say he won epicly.
b0mb3r wrote:i think your friend should shut the hell up and watch some Grenadier
Him: "Oh noes. Women? Do not want."
Rectifier wrote:I agree with the shut the hell up part, he has no poking idea what a good story contains (requirements...ffs its a story! just experience it and then talk about what happened, don't lay it all out beforehand, that's just a doomed-to-fail cheap shortcut). It's like outlining the differences between the Matrix and Sin City and then deciding to watch them based on generic content; it's just poking dumb.
Yeah... I guess he needs some good ol' Super Robot series. Because he keeps remarking "every single anime that I know from you guys have very uninteresting story, not the kind I'm looking for not my type of show, not my cup of tea." If that's his attitude then nothing is interesting lol.

... Tell ya guys, our final Flash projects for our Basics in Animation subject for this semester was the boringest I've ever seen (he was the mastermind lol), even the girls had it more awesome than us >_>
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

Assassin wrote:I see that he has quite a problem with the existence of women and romance in anime :?

hmm let's see:

CCS = quite an insult for him :D
Black Lagoon = he's not going to be fine with Levy as the kickass gunslinger... :D
Gantz = I think he does read the manga, although he often skips the talk and go straight for the gore... Yeah, he does.
Umiman wrote:Sailormoon
If he can survive that, I'd say he won epicly.
b0mb3r wrote:i think your friend should shut the hell up and watch some Grenadier
Him: "Oh noes. Women? Do not want."
Rectifier wrote:I agree with the shut the hell up part, he has no poking idea what a good story contains (requirements...ffs its a story! just experience it and then talk about what happened, don't lay it all out beforehand, that's just a doomed-to-fail cheap shortcut). It's like outlining the differences between the Matrix and Sin City and then deciding to watch them based on generic content; it's just poking dumb.
Yeah... I guess he needs some good ol' Super Robot series. Because he keeps remarking "every single anime that I know from you guys have very uninteresting story, not the kind I'm looking for not my type of show, not my cup of tea." If that's his attitude then nothing is interesting lol.

... Tell ya guys, our final Flash projects for our Basics in Animation subject for this semester was the boringest I've ever seen (he was the mastermind lol), even the girls had it more awesome than us >_>
have him watch Full Metal Panic or Neon Genesis Evangelion if he wants super robots
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I believe 08th MS Team would suit this criteria more than the other two. Especially NGE which is uber emo. :?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:I believe 08th MS Team would suit this criteria more than the other two. Especially NGE which is uber emo. :?
but can he get through the beginning?

baka baka baka
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

How about Fate/Stay Night. There are girls in there, but the main character is a chauvinist pig, so he'd probably like that.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Beware the talking cat wrote:How about Fate/Stay Night. There are girls in there, but the main character is a chauvinist pig, so he'd probably like that.
He's seen me watching it so, yeah, "not relevant to my interests" is what I get >_>

I honestly think he actually has very moderate interest in watching a whole series of anime, and only watches parts of them no matter what order of episode it is in. Like there's one day I was watching Hayate the Combat Butler, he does join in for a while to watch but didn't actually follow the story up, he only watches it because I was watching it during his visit to my room one day.

And yeah he has watched, although just for the sake of watching it and not taking a liking to it totally, some series like Haruhi (he calls it "the anime with 2 guys and 3 girls and bizarre logic that he couldn't understand a single thing"), Clannad (because I showed to him some scenes that made me and another friend laugh rolling to the floor literally - hell yeah Tomoyo's Ultimate Multi-Hit Kick FTW), while he has finished FMA, Gun X Sword and Samurai Champloo on his own. He now just follows up Bleach just for the sake of doing it...

... Difficult to determine what's his level of interest in anime, though.

... maybe he needs the "right scenes" to work that out.

Return to “Animes”