The Big List of Anime

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Umiman »

Arghh... this sucks... The manga has already been licensed!

Harem stories are usually quite horrible on anime format...
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Not Magikano though. The anime version is just as good as its manga counterpart, since it includes several yuri scenes not found in the manga.

Try watching one episode. Oh and if you find the 1st episode boring, try watching episode 10. That's seriously good ^^
/me claws out throat and dies
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

CAD$130 for the entire series...

Lets check out Magikano

EDIT: Magikano manga is not completed. Probably halted.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Watched up to episode 12 of GEASS. That series is pretty kickass. Lulu reminds me a little bit of Yagami Light.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
8/10
Genre: Magic, Action, Sci-Fi

Summary: Starring Takamachi Nanoha, a normal 3rd grader who has some extraordinary magic. By virtue of chance, she saves a mage from another dimension named Yuuno Scraia has ventured into her world (but for the meantime he is a ferret), and needed her help in gathering the 21 "Jewel Seeds", an ancient magical relic that may destory both of their worlds, if fallen into the wrong hands. As a mage, she will eventually meet up with another mage, Fate Testarossa, who is also after the Jewel Seeds. As rivals, they will clash and fight together, but Nanoha (being the good girl she is) would try to open this girl's heart, and try to be friends with her.

Thoughts: Unlike what the name implies, there's nothing lyrical about it. In fact, this feels more like "Mahou Bishoujo Nanoha". Nanoha is when magic meets advanced A.I. technology. It basically had action scenes that were very well done and fast paced, an average story for this type of genre, characters that get a little development and the OP/ED and music were done very well. Definitely worth a look.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's
8.5/10
Genre: Magic, Action

Summary: 6 months have passed since the end of the first season. Nanoha is now starting her training as a mage. Fate is about to be released from the Space/Time Administration Bureau. Unfortunately, their reunion is not a happy one as Nanoha is attacked by a new threat.

Thoughts: Like the first season, I failed to see what's so "lyrical" about it, though it's definitely better than the prequel. The best part of Nanoha A's were the fight scenes, but they slowly died in quality as the series went on.

Mai-Hime
9/10
Genre: Action, Comedy, Magic, Romance, School Life, Super Natural, Drama

Summary: Tokiha Mai and her sickly younger brother, Takumi, have received a scholarship to attend the prestigious Fuuka Academy. On the way, the ferry they are travelling on becomes the site of a destructive battle between two girls wielding apparently supernatural powers. This is only the beginning of their troubles, as Mai learns that she herself possesses these powers - the powers of a HiME.

Thoughts: I would reccommend watching this before watching Mai-Otome to fully enjoy Otome and its HiME references. This anime actually surprised me by having such a huge number of casualties and then having about 20 of said casualties come back to life. The endind also left me with a feeling for more.

Azumanga Daioh
10/10
Genre: Comedy, School Life, Slice of Life

Summary: Azumanga Daioh is about high school life through the eyes of six girls with unusual personalities: Chiyo (the 10-year-old genius), Osaka (the resident airhead), Sakaki (the shy one prone to cat bites), Tomo (the loose cannon), Yomi (the short-tempered one) and Kagura (the resident jock). (Taken from ANN)

Thoughts: I rarely give a 10 (I gave a 10 to Suzumiya, Ouran, Paniponi and Futakoi Alternative too), but this show is made so well, it doesn't even need a story. The characters are very well designed and very funny too. It's a must watch.

I'll add more later this week when I have more time, though it may or may not include Mahoraba, Shuffle!, Paniponi and Futakoi Alternative.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Thanks for the reviews Ben, and welcome to the Baka-Tsuki boards. 8)
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Hey Ben! Finally joined the boards, stupid name though ;). Get something a little bit different from your actual name xD.

Anyways, yeah welcome.

BTW, Try to read beyond CH1 of the 1st volume man, the rest is good :p
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Okay... It's getting VERY hard to scroll through the text and edit it so I'll probably catagorize it and give each anime a number or something you can ctrl f to find.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

You could make a thread for each anime, and make one thread with links to each one. Would take a little bit and would take up a bit of space, but a stickied main thread would work.
Armanewb
Astral Realm

Post by Armanewb »

Don't make a thread for each one :?

If you want to, hell make a wiki for that :P
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Guest lol wrote:Hey Ben! Finally joined the boards, stupid name though ;). Get something a little bit different from your actual name xD.
:\
I use my real name. Let's stick together, Ben! These aliasing n00s have no appreciation for their real names! And great review - you mentioned Mai-Otome, could you give that a review too?
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Meh, support the animal revolution!!

We have a fish, a cow, and a monkey loose on these boards. We'll probably be recruiting sheeps, giraffes and elephants soon. Oh and penguins. No animal community is complete without penguins.
/me claws out throat and dies
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

@Guest_lol

You should see my old Maple name. It even had my last name on it. Everone kept calling me Benk. :(

@Dan

Guest_lol asked me not to review anything in his "to review list" so I can't review Mai Otome *cough*greedy*cough*. :(

/me goes back to Sengoku Rance
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Damn right ben, go back to your winter season that I hate so much xD.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Rance is a game, and I'm only watching 4 winter shows (Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora, Shuffle! Memories, Manabi Straight and Hidamari Sketch. I'll probally watch Venus vs. Virus, Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny, Getsumen To Heiki Mina and Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny if they turn out to be decent).

Return to “Animes”