Anime Spring 2010

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Anime Spring 2010

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

ben1234 wrote:I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to instantly change the direction

You're kinda forgetting he'd need to do some pretty complex equations to do stuff like making plasma or altering data in that clone

This is assuming he won't just toss/lift you into the air or even bend your [insert body part here] in ways that you would never imagine
Sorry... but he is THAT dumb...
Spoiler! :
I made sure to keep this detail out, but he was defeated by the scientist that was with him before by this method, totally thrashed... Don't ask me how a NORMAL person can pull his punches at the exact moment and all.
I have always found the Index story quite outrageous in many ways... kinda hates it... just hopes it gets better... sighz... keep it up, and imma stop buying the series.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Are you sure he wasn't frozen in shock at the sudden movement? He doesn't seem to have the fastest reflex

But ya, the Index exposition fails. I'm still waiting for someone to explain why Touma's powers will cause a high speed projectile to suddenly stop in the middle of the air

It's not like the air resistance on the coin is that high and there's no way you need a constant electrical charge on the coin to keep it moving or anything
ShadowZeroHeart

ben1234 wrote:Are you sure he wasn't frozen in shock at the sudden movement? He doesn't seem to have the fastest reflex

But ya, the Index exposition fails. I'm still waiting for someone to explain why Touma's powers will cause a high speed projectile to suddenly stop in the middle of the air

It's not like the air resistance on the coin is that high and there's no way you need a constant electrical charge on the coin to keep it moving or anything
No, he wasnt frozen in shock, he was thrashed, and he couldnt understand how, until that guy explained it... But frankly speaking, i would have considered accelerator to have reflected all attacks, rather than reverse them... i mean, its a dumb logic when u can just reflect all of them outwards...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

ben1234 wrote:Are you sure he wasn't frozen in shock at the sudden movement? He doesn't seem to have the fastest reflex

It's the Mystic Arm of Magic Cancelation. It kills any magic it touches, so the magic no longer has things like velocity and momentum. He touches magic-laced coin. Magic-laced coin has magic part die. Normal coin cannot be hurdling at high speed because it was only going at that speed due to the magic, which is gone now. So normal coin is stationary.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
ShadowZeroHeart

Beware the talking cat wrote:

It's the Mystic Arm of Magic Cancelation. It kills any magic it touches, so the magic no longer has things like velocity and momentum. He touches magic-laced coin. Magic-laced coin has magic part die. Normal coin cannot be hurdling at high speed because it was only going at that speed due to the magic, which is gone now. So normal coin is stationary.
Firstly, its not magic cancelation. Secondly, beware the talking cat is right actually. For example, mikoto's ability is electricity, she charges a coin up and fires it off, the coin is in motion because of esper powers indeed. even with his hand, he can cancel the magnetic charges that are in place from the esper powers, but he cannot cancel the velocity of the coin, in short, he would be shot down like he was hit by a bullet, at the very least. Simiarly in the railgun sidestory incident, when he stood in front of the explosion, he should have died. If he touched the doll BEFORE it exploded, he can stop it, but after it started explosion, there is no way he can "cancel" the explosion, since the explosion is a "Post-effect" from the esper power... So unless his hand is explained in the wrong manner, example that people gave it a certain name and effect, when actually they dont know all the details, or else the story is flawed for a long time already.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Angel Beats: Not really living up to expectations. Totally did not feel any emotions from ep. 3 that Maeda Jun has been trying to make me feel. That girl had way too little lines to be noticeable and I'd like her more if her songs were better. I blame the director for this, he's clearly not good enough to work on a project this well advertised.

Mayoi Neko Overrun: They spent all their money on the thighs from ep. 1 and the previews. Now the thighs aren't so healthy and the show isn't as interesting anymore :(

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Sleeper hit of the season. Needs more attention from the better subbers
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Angel Beats: Don't know about you ben but I feel for the girl from episode 3. I just relate to her better. What I worry is how we gonna have a flashback per episode within a limited 13 episode and so many character. I understand if it were 26 but 13?

Working: Oh god the androphobe girl is so cute and funny

Arakawa Under the Bridge: So many eccentric character love them all. The Kappa Chief, the punk Star and my favorite the sister and HIS submachine gun. If I ever gonna hold a mass I'll do it his way. Man why isn't there any girl I've met like Nino? wait where are all the eccentric girls in my life. and I go to an art college sniff.

RAINBOW: This is probably the most gut-wrenching drama I've seen for a while and it pulls no punches. Go Madhouse

B-gata H-kei: Well seeing a passive aggressive girl character trying to get laid is a cool remix of the old formula = fun.

K-On S2: Well it does keep me entertain and I am not moe-affected

Ichiban ushiro no Daimaou: Man the android is what keeping me on her lease because how often does a robot tease the main and say is not illegal to fondle her butt and have a huge-ass gun that looks like a men Pen15?!

Senko no Night Raid: Wow is pretty interesting to see real history with fictional japanese espers

HEROMAN: sigh despite Bone's awesome quality the story is so cheesy. Hearing the kid saying Heroman is getting on my nerve. dropped

Mayoi Neko Overrun!: man is cool to have a power house seiyuu and such a nonchalant main the story is going poor and not follow what I want from the manga. dropped

Giant Killing: I all for arrogant main character but I am hating Deen's guts how poor the quality are. The only redeeming thing about them is the awesome OP they made with the bagpipe. Dropped

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart

Whats this? entire lists of anime reviews?? Mind if I join in?

Angel Beats: Her disappearance is rather early, but the points it means are all shown, though i find it weird that she didnt try to run with her guitar, but to sing despite people are there to take it all away from her... I am interested to find out more about the later developments, the dumbness of episode 1 is all blown away by episodes 2 and 3.

Working: Loved the manga, the anime, well, they look different... guess thats the price of getting animated... Not bad that far... though some parts are removed, which I find quite sad...
Spoiler! :
The manager is excluded from the monthly goal, and when she heard it, she said, "Why should we be so good to the customers?", and said that you cannot have a shop without shop keepers/waitresses, but you can have a shop without customers, therefore, customers are not as important as waitresses and such, and thus the monthly goal for the customers are taken away.

Another one, at the end of episode 3, the big boss of the restraunt was hurt by comments that he is air, but our cute little chibiko rebutted that ITS NOT TRUE! Even though air is hardly noticed, YOU CANT DO WITHOUT IT! So the big boss is NOT AIR, BECAUSE IT DOESNT MATTER EVEN IF HE IS NOT HERE! And so, hurt even more deeply, the big boss asks the manager, "youngsters these days sure are hard to understand, arent they?" And as we all know... her age is a big spot to avoid, him asking her that question implies...
Arakawa Under The Bridge: Was WAY better than I first expected. Was so thrilled by the first episode I went to find the manga, and despite reading the manga, I still enjoy the anime. that is how good the series is!

B-gata H-kei: Looks too cute compared to the manga, lotsa things removed, probably due to censorship if all put in. Not bad, but lost a lot of its charms.

K~On S2: ED sux, takes a lot of things away. Story wise... oh well... is there much story, i mean, since s1?

Ichiban Ushiro No Daimaou: The android started having some emotions in the novels, but mainly to have more fun, especially when playing as the evil char. Well, some things could do better, but its good.

Kiss X Sis: Not that intersting... kinda thinking of dropping it.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

This time without a general overview of all the new series? Or have I missed that?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Darklor wrote:This time without a general overview of all the new series? Or have I missed that?
you missed the TRAIN!

baka baka baka
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Maybe, but really? Couldnt find the overview in any of the spoiler tags like before (for the last 3 seasons)...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
gerrymon
Astral Realm

Post by gerrymon »

This season anime~

Angel Beats! I love the ops, the story is rather rush and the joke is kinda... fast, but pretty funny~ I just hoping I wont getting my eyes wet later (since AIR, Kanon (MAKOTO~! TT___TT <-rewatching the BD sub ver) , CLANNAD does) I love the art~

K-ON!! The catchy tune still there~ light comedy and stuff, can't really get bored with this~

B-gata H-kei XD hillarious and ecchi~ can't wait to see wether they rly can do it :twisted:

Arakawa Under the Bridge LOL some crazy show~ I dun rly like the first ep (though I lmao at the Kappa) but ep 2 somehow better

Ichiban Ushiro No Daimaou another Harem series~ well, good for entertaiment I guess~

Working! XD The people who works there all interesting, I love to watch Inami VS Katanashi~ Somehow the OP song stuck on my head (Someone~ One! One!)

Kiss X Sis I follow the manga but... somehhow I'm not interested for the anime :P

Mayoi Neko Overrun! err~ well just like what I expect nothing really impressive (I like Yabuki Kentaro style though)

HEROMAN I like the art but for the story they too MARVELize it~ :P unless PSP ver out I wont get one

Senko no Night Raid Interesting, but a bit complicated I'll save it for later~
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

K-On: KyoAni is losing their touch. The slice of life pales in comparison to Lucky Star and other slice of life shows. Also, the songs still suck (OP and ED have gotten worse). At least it's not as much of a moe blob as last time.

Arakawa: Dropped because I can't stand Shaft anymore but the kappa was almost enough to make me stay

Working: The OP is awesome. Jokes could use a bit more work but it's watchable
ShadowZeroHeart

ben1234 wrote:K-On: KyoAni is losing their touch. The slice of life pales in comparison to Lucky Star and other slice of life shows. Also, the songs still suck (OP and ED have gotten worse). At least it's not as much of a moe blob as last time.

Arakawa: Dropped because I can't stand Shaft anymore but the kappa was almost enough to make me stay

Working: The OP is awesome. Jokes could use a bit more work but it's watchable
K-ON OP and ED gotten worse, agreed.

Arakawa, its actually a meaningful story told in wacky manners, I personally think its quite worthwhile to watch/read it.

Working, the jokes are more complete and better in the manga in my opinion. I am only sticking to the anime because I am a big sucker for the manga =X
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

I'll admit this, the OP of Working!! is definitely the catchiest piece of music I've ever heard.

And ya, the anime's a bit lacking in quality in terms of the jokes. Just waiting to see how it goes. (Of course, I've read the manga as well.)

Return to “Animes”