Anime Winter 2010

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Anime Winter 2010

Post by b0mb3r »

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann The Movie Lagann-hen:

it's been an year since i watched this show but it's a nice recap. It takes place the 2nd half of the series. Again the epic space battle makes me cry with tears full of sadness and joy. it's so f*cking "adrenalinating" as usual. also they made an awesome new ending that i would highly recommend to check it out.

MY SOUL DRILLS TO THE HEAVEN!!!

baka baka baka
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ sorry for any double post:

Baka to Test to S. episode 6:

While is the a swimsuit/fan service, especially Hideyoshi. Again quality is amazing and everything but I am feeling Shadow's negativity now since to me we're going through all the usual anime cliche and obvious gundam references but higher quality. I really want this anime to differ from the usual and focus more on the battles. Though my rating for this went down is still one of the best show along with Durarara.

ps. i need that Baka Go Home song. such Garness!

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

I think I haven't seen a swimming pool/bath episode this good since... Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun

And the single for the ED has being out for a while now...
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

b0mb3r wrote:^ sorry for any double post:

While is the a swimsuit/fan service, especially Hideyoshi. Again quality is amazing and everything but I am feeling Shadow's negativity now since to me we're going through all the usual anime cliche and obvious gundam references but higher quality. I really want this anime to differ from the usual and focus more on the battles. Though my rating for this went down is still one of the best show along with Durarara.

That reminds me that I have never seen so many Gundam references in any anime outside of Keroro Gunsou. Got Gundam?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

i withdraw my statement and say is more mecha.

my issue is that there is a routine. Characters do cliche activities, Voyeur always get major nosebleed along with Yoshiin, trying to convert Hideyoshi into a girl despite being trap, Yuuji geting owned by his "wife", Mizuki with her horrible but deliciously-looking food, annoying Miharu trying to seduce Minami, Mina's tsundere wrestling moves, typical loli-sister doing her loli-thing. I want the battles damn.
Spoiler! :
still i like the little things. Like Yuuji's complaint on his cold shower. Minami"s infared breast scanning. Shouko drowning devil game. Yoshiin compliment on Minami helping Mizuki misunderstood, The swim battle, Hideyoshi getting his own bath section, etc. these fine details to me is what make the show great.

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

b0mb3r wrote:^ sorry for any double post:

Okays, firstly, episode 6 followed the novel quite closely. This is a chapter in vol 3.5(not considered a spoiler I suppose?). There are slight differences tho, for example, the bathing scene is after the fight, and Hideyoshi has not been recognised worldwide... It is due to this swimsuit incident that the school gave Hideyoshi special treatment regarding bathing times. (Though there has always been rumors about a third gender called Hideyoshi). He was supposed to go somewhere further to change alone, thus hes late to arrive.

And one thing they missed in the anime? Yoshii was supposed to stab his own eyes when Mizuki appears. Because to guys, shes a true walking nuclear warhead. In order to not his brain get fried, Yoshii was forced to do an instant self-stab. MAN I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT!

The rest are probably considered spoilers...
Spoiler! :
Yuuji's complaint about the shower, and the reason why they are going to the pool are all the same. Minami's inferior you-know-what (I dont wanna get killed by her) is shown, just without infra-red scanning. Shouko drowning game exists, just that Yuuji wasnt tied up, and so he started running after Yoshii, who complains to Shouko that she should have hanged on more tightly, and thus resulting in a Shouko=>Yuuji=>Yoshii game. Yuuji, is ALWAYS owned by his "wife", and I do hope they cover the trip the couple have, from the tickets they got in the game(summoning competition in the novel, the hunting game in the anime). Mizuki's "I only made three" poison food competition only occured for the first time in this part.
P.S. b0mb3r, the novel doesnt have much real battles. There are a couple, but most of them are just how they cheat and use treachery to beat their opponents. and thats when you find out how idiotic they are, and how EVIL they can be. Most things in the novel happen for a reason. A complete story, more or less.

P.S. 2 Voyeur gets nosebleeds are in the novel as well. And for this part, Voyeur in the novel simulated the countless situations that could happen during the swimming session, and has verified his blood loss per scenario(Yoshii commented that so in the end, nosebleed is a must), and prepared bags of blood to refill and survive.

P.S. 3 they failed to clean the pool, with blood everywhere and all, all the chaos of Hideyoshi and his top half being taken away and his refusal to cover up etc etc

And one last tiny spoiler the anime missed...
Spoiler! :
When Yoshii and Yuuji are caught by the teacher at the pool, they were to write apology letters(Naturally)...

And Yoshii wrote this on his letter of remorse:
"I reflect on having used the poor without the owner's permission."
For people who read the spoiler above, if you do not spot the mistake, I hereby declare you as a Yoshii!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

shadow. you are like a ball, your comments bring me down with details yet bounce me back with hope. I am now looking forward to more episodes.

ps. the mistake you mention:
Spoiler! :
did he accidentally misspell "pool" for "poor" or purposely? cause i felt the word make sense to me....or am i am not a Yoshii?

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

The title is called BAKA to test to syukanju... BAKA means IDIOT(s), and do you expect Yoshii to be able to write a remorse letter properly? If the word made sense to you, then please lend me some of your slaves =X
Spoiler! :
or perhaps you wanna be a Yoshii?
Edit:
Sorry... That was too harsh... I forgot in the baka world, Yoshii is an actual word that means something like an idiot...

Sample sentence:
Gee, you are such a Yoshii.
Spoiler! :
I forgot about it earlier, but yes, it is from the novel too!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

:cry: LAZY FOOL!!! DETESTABLE IDIOT/BAKA/YOSHII!!! GRAMANIAC!!! *runs away crying*

baka baka baka
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Well...we are on baka tsuki...
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

wow episode 7 of Baka focusing on Shouko X Yuuji was full of win especially the end:
Spoiler! :

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Gundam Unicorn actually got me giggling like a little girl for a bit before I started complaining because Crossbone isn't getting love :cry:

Otherwise, it was how I expected it, only bloodier

It sucks how weak the Kshatriya looked in the colony when it's supposed to be the 2nd coming of the Quin Mantha
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Watched the first episode of Unicorn, I was pleased with the return to UC. Sunrise did a great job with reviving the old character designs and emotions.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

do i need to watch the original and zeta to appreciate unicorn?

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

From the looks of the first episode it doesn't seem like it. They did mention Bright Noa twice, Char once, and referenced NewTypes, but they didn't have any bearing on what was going on.

Return to “Animes”