Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Post by ainsoph9 »

Agreed. If anime ever learns to get out of this funk, it will be much better.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

ainsoph9 wrote:Yeah, anime has a tendency to "help" the viewer's imagination run wild, but I have kind of learned to train myself to roll my eyes and say to myself, "It is not what you think it is, you perv."
I meant the novel... For last Maou I mean.

In that volume, they were sucked into a storybook, and had to play out what was written in a storybook... And its a love experience of some high-class European back in the olden days. The story goes about with the protagonist having all sorts of affairs and eventually marrying a daughter of a count.

Korone(Maid) Version:
Spoiler! :
Korone is the maid, who is harassed by the owner, the protagonist. In the storybook, the following words are used:

"He jumped onto the maid savagely like a beast, and passionately satisfied his own desires."

Junko Hattori(Sister) Version:
Spoiler! :
Junko is his sister in the story, and he has an affair with her too. The storybook has the following words that they MUST act out:

"The two lay on the same bed, naked, carassing each other's body. He then stretches his fingers out to toy with his sisters peach-colored flower bud, only to realise that its petals are already wet, and can easily accept Akuto's #@$*. His sister then gives off a lustful murmur." (The censored part is due to Fujiko, the "narrator", being too shocked to say the actual thing out.)
Tell me what you guys think about after reading the spoilers above... And they are found in the novel, honestly. And they did manage to act it all out, in the novel.

P.S. I get the feeling this is in the wrong thread... My bad? haha
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Is this pertaining to the anime? :lol:
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
ShadowZeroHeart

Poke2201 wrote:Is this pertaining to the anime? :lol:
Nopes, the anime ended before this volume, if i recall, this volume comes immediately after the arc the anime covered.

And regarding the extract in the above post...
(Not required to place in spoiler tag, but lets keep a bit of a suspense shall we?)

Spoiler! :
They did nothing naughty. If you thought that they did, you're a perv. They found ways around it, can you figure out how? If you can't, you are a very big perv!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

I was wondering because this is an anime part of the forum.... :|
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

I dont really think its the fanservice that ruins these type of anime. Its the fact that they skip alot of important content and just focus on ecchi situations that happen in the novel then expand on it. Most of the time when they go into that the story seems more cliche, thier is less drama and content and makes the show more stale in comparison. Sometimes it seems very cheesy too. Evan before reading the novel I could tell they were skiping content and dialoge it made me very sad.=/

They make yuto seem more corny with the lines he gets and its same with the rest of the characters. I still dont see why they cant sometimes show what thier thinking in certain scenes. Crest/Banner of the stars did it. Same with The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya.

The anime producer's have to read the novel then think whats makes this novel awsome to want to animate? Aparently all japanese people want in anime's are a summary ecchi version of the story. Which is pretty depressing.

What I think is its cheaper and easier to make a fanservice anime that has bad content. The japanese dont care because of the fanservice.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I think that the issue is being made overly complex here. The literal bottom line is "sex sells." Whether they mutilate the original or not, it winds up being all about the money in the end.
ShadowZeroHeart

p0l3r wrote:I dont really think its the fanservice that ruins these type of anime. Its the fact that they skip alot of important content and just focus on ecchi situations that happen in the novel then expand on it. Most of the time when they go into that the story seems more cliche, thier is less drama and content and makes the show more stale in comparison. Sometimes it seems very cheesy too. Evan before reading the novel I could tell they were skiping content and dialoge it made me very sad.=/

They make yuto seem more corny with the lines he gets and its same with the rest of the characters. I still dont see why they cant sometimes show what thier thinking in certain scenes. Crest/Banner of the stars did it. Same with The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya.

The anime producer's have to read the novel then think whats makes this novel awsome to want to animate? Aparently all japanese people want in anime's are a summary ecchi version of the story. Which is pretty depressing.

What I think is its cheaper and easier to make a fanservice anime that has bad content. The japanese dont care because of the fanservice.
Ermmm.... Even after you read the novel, you realise that Yuto barely says anything useful... He hardly talks... The story is not bad, but yes, the anime heavily focused on the fanservice part, even though one must admit the novel itself is quite heavy on it. For the novel, it is heavy on fanservice, with some interesting ideas and a refreshing pure love story, in a sense. However, the novel seems to only show fanservice, which kinda ruins it, though I must say, I can't imagine how the anime can portray what the novel did.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well if the novels fanservice.... Then the Anime could be psudeo-hentai.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, that will really help the public's perception of the anime community.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

What you mean the American public's obsession with anything not foreign?

Or the fact that Americans tend to believe that Animes are cartoons and therefore for kids?
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

More like most of anime is hentai.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Thats because Hentai tends to get localized quickly for some reason...
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Yeah thats because sex sells even in 2 D...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Damn you Human Psychology....

Return to “Animes”