The Big List of Anime

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Umiman »

TGM: you didn't miss much of the Third. the production quality is like a see saw and really, after awhile it just drags on. There was nothing really special about the battle between the "tank" (I'd call it the rolling lotion dispenser for lack of a better term) and the tank hunter since you could find a cooler action scene in any action movie or any game.

It was really just another excuse for people to justify creating yet another tomboy girl thing anime with the atypical girl issues that only twats care about (as the rest of us are too busy getting high on cocaine and sex). Oh, and the ending sucked.

On an unrelated note:

Here's a bunch of stuff:

Gunparade March: boring waste of time. Synopsis is about how an emo and an emo meet up to have emo romance. There were some half-decent robot fights early on, but they got fazed out and left us with the above. Seriously, people should at least research basic war tactics and military maneuvers before they try to cow-poop their way through stuff like this. I swear, if I need to shout out, "DON'T poking STAND ON THE poking BRIDGE WHEN YOU'RE BEING ATTACKED, SHITFUCKINGASSHEADS!" one more time...

Nagasarete Airantou: Typical harem anime. Good for a mindless laugh.

Lucky Star: Pretty cool... I guess. Could've used a giant orbital cannon explosion or two. And less references to Haruhi would've been welcome.

Ghostbusters 2: Somewhat funny. But really, it's forced most of the times.

Ocean's 13: Not bad actually. Not as good as the first one but much better than the second.

Kane & Lynch: I don't know why everyone is so hung up about this game. It's quite good too. The graphical requirements are quite low, so it's a nice way to waste an afternoon.

Ever17: It's okay. No sex though.

Oven roasted chicken: Very nice. A long production time but highly recommended. Do not attempt if you lack skillz.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Well, if Umi says it wasn't much, I'll have to go with his word on this one. He has the most similar taste to mine. I'll still watch the tank battle though, just to see how I like it.
Nave47
Astral Realm

Post by Nave47 »

I was reading this thread looking for good animes too watch then I read about Air and your review about it...

.. I have just finished watching the whole series and I've never shed a tear(at least like this) before while watching anime... The story is so deep and touching that I can't help myself from crying.. darn..
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Nave47 wrote:I was reading this thread looking for good animes too watch then I read about Air and your review about it...

.. I have just finished watching the whole series and I've never shed a tear(at least like this) before while watching anime... The story is so deep and touching that I can't help myself from crying.. darn..
:P
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Nave47 wrote:I was reading this thread looking for good animes too watch then I read about Air and your review about it...

Yeah, though I don't really ever want to watch it again. It was good for a once through, but that much tugging at the heart strings doesn't' suit me. :?
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=605

^ In case you missed this huge lengthy discussion on male crying disorder.

EDIT: hahaha, TGM, you remember back when the only things that Baka-Tsukian's talked about was Haruhi Suzumiya no matter which section the forum they were in? xD
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

thats because we only had one forum..... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Nave47
Astral Realm

Post by Nave47 »

I guess watching Air after finishing Elfen Lied is a bad idea. Even though I don't usually get the "teary eye" situation in most shows and irl event... I guess the story is just too good for man like me... darn.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

You realize the IRC chan is a lot better place to look for good anime to watch right?
Nave47
Astral Realm

Post by Nave47 »

ben1234 wrote:You realize the IRC chan is a lot better place to look for good anime to watch right?
If only I could find the thread about the IRC channel and it's address then I would have connected there already.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

The link can be found on the main page of the wiki if you look hard enough, but since we're all lazy Americans/Canadians/<insert nationality here> here's the link: irc://irc.rizon.net/Baka-Tsuki
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Pale Cocoon
Genres: Future, Post-apocalyptic, SciFi, Seinen, Drama
Rating: 10/10, A++++++++++ for rewatchability

Summary from ANN: A future where the continuity of history has broken off, a world of enormous ruins that continues endlessly. Oceans and continents have vanished, existing only within the archives brought up from the remains. Ura works in the Archive Excavation Department, which restores and analyzes the data left behind. One day, he finds a disturbing visual record...

Thoughts: This single episode OVA is great. It has such an amazing theme that leaves you confused, yet it makes you think what the hell just happened. Hell, you can watch this for 50 times and you'll still get something new from it (hence the A++++++++++ for rewatchability). I'm not gonna spoil much so download Doremi's version from Scarywater.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

I'll look into it. So it's just 1 OVA? Are they going to make another or is that one it?
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Just one, 22 minutes long.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

I fell asleep watching Pale Cocoon. Just too deep/philosophical/boring for me >:3
/me claws out throat and dies

Return to “Animes”