Vote for Mikuru's Voice Actor (Edit: Yuki+Koizumi+Haruhi)

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

oh haruhi...the voice samples for Koizumi are just awful, really, i can't choose one, either of them just won't work...

:roll:

I'm actually fearful of what voice they are going to use for Kyon..... :cry:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Come on, Johnny Yong Bosch has a cool voice. So long as he learns to pronounce Haruhi properly I think he'll do fine as Koizumi.
wedgejaeger
Astral Realm

Post by wedgejaeger »

typhonsentra wrote:Come on, Johnny Yong Bosch has a cool voice. So long as he learns to pronounce Haruhi properly I think he'll do fine as Koizumi.
is that the first guy?

I'm surprised they gave such a variety on koizumi. I picked the first guy, mostly cause he sounded more confident than the others, but still sounded shifty and curious, like he's part of a conspiracy. other than that weird pronounciation of haruhi, he wins.

two is too happy during this scene, like he's getting flustry over a girl.

three is has no confidence, sounds too nerdish to be koizumi. koizumi is the cool kid.

four... i dont know, but no

five sounds more like that guy from the lone island syndrome, the "kinda" dead guy
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Mikuru sounds a bit too....provocative.

Yuki sounds like she has too much emotion.

Koizumi 1 doesn't sound so bad.
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Both the first and the last Koizumi worked pretty well, I thought. The forth one sounded like that actor who used to do Kevin Arnold's voice over. What's his name? Daniel something?

Anyhow, I went for five in the end.
jinalbert
Astral Realm

Post by jinalbert »

I don't mind the girl voices...it's not the best, but it's reasonable. However, they really need to find some better voice for Koizumi. The Japanese sound is more deeper, and serious. The dub versions seems more annoying. They better tell the guys to sound more natural. :shock:

I agree with Stratosphere on Yuki's sound... they all talk with noticeable emotional.
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

jinalbert wrote:I don't mind the girl voices...it's not the best, but it's reasonable. However, they really need to find some better voice for Koizumi. The Japanese sound is more deeper, and serious. The dub versions seems more annoying. They better tell the guys to sound more natural. :shock:

I agree with Stratosphere on Yuki's sound... they all talk with noticeable emotional.
Really? I thought Koizumi's Japanese voice was pretty annoying. If I met someone in real-life who talked like Koizumi, I'd probably want to hit him.

Then again, Kyon feels the same way that I do; maybe they did this on purpose?
wedgejaeger
Astral Realm

Post by wedgejaeger »

Stratosphere wrote: Really? I thought Koizumi's Japanese voice was pretty annoying. If I met someone in real-life who talked like Koizumi, I'd probably want to hit him.

Then again, Kyon feels the same way that I do; maybe they did this on purpose?
heh, never thought about that, I'd probably punch him too...
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

For Koizumi, choices 2 and 4 just plain suck and 3 doesn't seem to have any idea of what Koizumi's character is like at all.

I kind of actually like choice 5, it sounds like a laid back guy who found out he has powers, but Koizumi should sound a little more burdened by his job. Ended up choosing choice 1.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Choice 5 for me. The voice is actually pretty similar to the one in my head when I read the books... That didn't sound crazy did it? :shock:
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Wow, these Koizumis would fit right into an RPG. Totally reminds me of Diablo!

It's very well done too... if you put them in those contexts.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

The first impression I had while listening to Yuki was "This is Enma Ai, pretty soon she's going to say 'Would you like to die, just once?'"

Seriously, I have no confidence they're going to pull off Live a Live. Even with KyoAni's brilliant animation, if the VA can't sing, everythings over. Who's going to be the VA for Haruhi anyway?

Since we're on the subject of singing, don't tell me they're going to use HAruhi's VA to sing Bouken Desho Desho, and the other 2 together to sing Hare Hare Yukai. Thinking about this is already giving me the creeps.
/me claws out throat and dies
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

I doubt, hopefully, that the VA's will sing the songs... For the love of God...

By the way, I noticed FFXII has very well done dubbing, maybe the chosen voicers should take a few notes from there :)
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Umiman wrote:I doubt, hopefully, that the VA's will sing the songs... For the love of God...

By the way, I noticed FFXII has very well done dubbing, maybe the chosen voicers should take a few notes from there :)
I think that Square-enix actually changes the geometry of the lips between regions. Take Kingdom Hearts 2, for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4uvf1u4RwM
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Pooooor Kyon. :(

I only liked the first voice.

Return to “Animes”