Summer Wars

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Summer Wars

Post by ben1234 »

I was supposed to photoshop a page from BT into it but I got lazy (and it was 3 in the morning)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Really want to watch this! Who's subbing this? all i could find on tokyotoshokan is a low quality version with dubious subs.

Anyone know where I can find a .mkv version?
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
kerrichan
Astral Realm

Post by kerrichan »

the dubious subs isn't that far off really... just the timing. ^^;;
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

kerrichan wrote:the dubious subs isn't that far off really... just the timing. ^^;;
But kerrichan, timing is everything!

:roll:

Plus its not in high def. .mkv container! I want .mkv!

:(
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Funny, isn't it? A couple years ago I hated MKV with a passion, and now I only wish everything went into a nice MKV shaped container.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Beware the talking cat wrote:Funny, isn't it? A couple years ago I hated MKV with a passion, and now I only wish everything went into a nice MKV shaped container.
i am now 50/50. the bad side is that it uses alot of cpu memory and graphic memory that it heats up easily and lags. the good. f*cking good quality.

baka baka baka
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

The next few phrases will sum up what I actually think of the movie: One hell of a ragtag. In that way of a good one. But doesn't quite pass as "interesting" for me. Good for a one-shot watch, but I'm not thinking of rewatching it at all :P
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

kerrichan wrote:the dubious subs isn't that far off really... just the timing. ^^;;
yeah, the timing annoyed me to no end. Though the voice and mouth matched, the off-timing with the sub made it feel like the voice didn't match. I really want to show my brother the movie, but I don't think he's the type to sit through it with the sub like that. :(
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Sometimes, the timing is all you need to ruin a perfectly good sub
kerrichan
Astral Realm

Post by kerrichan »

ben1234 wrote:Sometimes, the timing is all you need to ruin a perfectly good sub
I get what you mean. It's just that I got through the movie by ignoring the subs completely, so it wasn't that bad with the incorrect timing. ^^;;
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

Thought the movie was really good. Unfortunetly, I saw the digimon movie that used the same style virtual world. That took Summer Wars down a few notches since I kept getting digimon flashbacks. Nonetheless, I highly recommend Summer Wars. There's a little something for everyone.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Akirasav wrote:Thought the movie was really good. Unfortunetly, I saw the digimon movie that used the same style virtual world. That took Summer Wars down a few notches since I kept getting digimon flashbacks. Nonetheless, I highly recommend Summer Wars. There's a little something for everyone.

The fact you even watched a digimon film, is a disappointment in my eyes. shame on you Akirasav.... :roll:

@Onizukademongto
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

onizuka-gto wrote:The fact you even watched a digimon film, is a disappointment in my eyes. shame on you Akirasav.... :roll:
hey hey. i gonna take the heat here too. i watched digimon too so he is not alone. yes i watched the 2000 year dub with three movie combined with poor editing towards the third arc.

ps. beef smoothies sucks but oloong tea rocks

baka baka baka
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

onizuka-gto wrote:The fact you even watched a digimon film, is a disappointment in my eyes. shame on you Akirasav.... :roll:
Hey, this was when it first came out, which was years ago. You know, before I knew any better :mrgreen:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Akirasav wrote:
Hey, this was when it first came out, which was years ago. You know, before I knew any better :mrgreen:
Ignorance isn't an excuse, ask the Nuremberg Trials. :p
:lol: :wink:

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Animes”