Anime Summer 09

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Anime Summer 09

Post by ainsoph9 »

Actually, that is what I did as well, but I could not find anything at the time. Oh well! Thanks again!
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

onizuka-gto wrote: long time since i seen a good harem/maid/poor-kid-parents-die-inherits-rich life-style-from-distant-grandfather genre anime since hanukyou maids..
:roll:
hanukyou maids was good, especially the manga, the ending was quite good... the anime didnt have much of a complete ending though... and i love their first OP!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote: long time since i seen a good harem/maid/poor-kid-parents-die-inherits-rich life-style-from-distant-grandfather genre anime since hanukyou maids..
:roll:
hanukyou maids was good, especially the manga, the ending was quite good... the anime didnt have much of a complete ending though... and i love their first OP!!
so both of ya saying i should watch it?

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart

Well, its harem comedy, not bad entertainment, but story wise its not all too good, artstyle not the best either, but the story is quite unique, and interesting, worth a watch, but not a "MUST-WATCH" series if you ask me

P.S. if you are interested, be prepared to accept some nudity and stuff
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thelastguardian »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:but the story is quite unique, and interesting, worth a watch,
I suggest reading the manga, if only for the darker side of the plot (and characters).

Just to show you, when something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. No female would be that obedient to a boy for no reason; if she is, there is something wrong with her.
ShadowZeroHeart

thelastguardian wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:but the story is quite unique, and interesting, worth a watch,
I suggest reading the manga, if only for the darker side of the plot (and characters).

Just to show you, when something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. No female would be that obedient to a boy for no reason; if she is, there is something wrong with her.
Why must you blame the girl? maybe its the guy that has something wrong with him?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I think that the line of thinking is somewhat like this: If a man is all alone in the wilderness where no woman can hear him, is he still wrong? Frankly, I think that both genders should be willing to take the blame on things, but no matter how you slice the cake somebody is never going to be happy. :roll: ugh...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

b0mb3r wrote:
ainsoph9 wrote:Everywhere I look on the internet, I cannot find a good explanation of how to play Mahjong, especially the Japanese style of it. Not only that, I cannot find any place where you can play it like they do in Saki. Could someone please explain how to play and/or give a like to where I can play it online please? Thanks!
sigh you could google it like i did: here is a flash i found for ya:

http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html

nice! I'll give it a go.

But to be honest, Japanese Mahjong is freakishly complicated if you compare it with Hong Kong Mahjong.

If you are playing just to win, Japanese Mahjong isn't the game to play, you can win with many combination, even if you miss out the minipoints and stick to the big hands.

Hk mahjong is more suited for a fun game really.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I do not really care either way. I play chess and go sometimes on my side time. I like a good mental stretch every once in a while.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I love mahjong!

Quick overview:

Each player has a hand of 13 tiles. He or she is trying to make a hand of 4 sets of either 3-of-a-kinds or runs of 3 and a pair--however, he or she also needs a Yaku--some condition they score points off of. The more Yaku he or she has, the more points the hand is worth. The easiest Yaku are Riichi(when they call out RIIIIICHI!!! and drop the little point stick if front of their tiles), Tanyao(which doesn't use 1s, 9s, or Honors), and Fanpai(A three of a kind of the right honor).

In total, there are about 20 different Yaku(and not all variants have the same yaku. Some don't allow open tanyao or the nagashi mangan).

Saki uses pretty standard Japanese mahjong rules--except for the Japanese pro league, everyone uses pretty much the same rules.

I play on Tenhou.net(Though playing in real life is about 18 times better. It's not quite so freakishly fast paced, and you actually have time to figure out what other people are waiting on.)
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Beware the talking cat wrote:I love mahjong!

Quick overview:

Each player has a hand of 13 tiles. He or she is trying to make a hand of 4 sets of either 3-of-a-kinds or runs of 3 and a pair--however, he or she also needs a Yaku--some condition they score points off of. The more Yaku he or she has, the more points the hand is worth. The easiest Yaku are Riichi(when they call out RIIIIICHI!!! and drop the little point stick if front of their tiles), Tanyao(which doesn't use 1s, 9s, or Honors), and Fanpai(A three of a kind of the right honor).

In total, there are about 20 different Yaku(and not all variants have the same yaku. Some don't allow open tanyao or the nagashi mangan).

Saki uses pretty standard Japanese mahjong rules--except for the Japanese pro league, everyone uses pretty much the same rules.

I play on Tenhou.net(Though playing in real life is about 18 times better. It's not quite so freakishly fast paced, and you actually have time to figure out what other people are waiting on.)
Well, there you go.

If i want to play for a thinking game, i'll play Japanese Mahjong, but with my mates its good old HK Mahjong.

:)

Plus i rather play Japanese mahjong on an automatic table with score points showing! seriously those tables seriously cool. I want one!

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Cool. Thanks!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hmm Princess Lover seems nice and light and somehow a comedy, but since it started with a tragedy will this be a cyclic element and resurface later in the series?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Darklor wrote:Hmm Princess Lover seems nice and light and somehow a comedy, but since it started with a tragedy will this be a cyclic element and resurface later in the series?
lol my favorite lines from episode 3:
Spoiler! :
Charlotte: Say, what's that in your pocket?
Teppei: Gum
Charlotte: That's a fairly large gum
Teppei: It's a large gum

baka baka baka
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Uhm btw. what have the ed of Needless to do with the anime itself?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Animes”