In preparation for the end of finals...

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: In preparation for the end of finals...

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Umiman wrote:I give it an average grade.
Yeah, as I said, wasn't the best, but it still was a decent watch.

Speaking of rational decisions, I've been playing Infinite Undiscovery lately. I skipped this game at launch because the market presentation looked bland. Picked it up on black friday for $20. I'm glad I got a hold of this sleeper title, because it's damn good. The main character is the most rational Squeenix character I have ever seen. He is stuck in this world with wanna be heroes, muscle bound douchebags, and magic spewing whores who all drag him around to fight 'XYZ' bad guy to save '123' land. All the while he is trying to escape or at least do some damage control when things hit the fan. I like this game just because of this fact. A plus is, it is made by the Star Ocean crew, so the battle system is very fun, fluid, and fresh for an RPG.

Back on the anime topic, I've been mulling my way through Macross Frontier. Not bad, but it doesn't have the thing it needs to make me lose sleep to try and finish it. I think the love-triangle deal may be messing with its vibe. Other than that, the action is great, and I enjoy the supporting characters. I just hope it doesn't pull a Macross Zero ending. Worst ending evar, next to Kanon 2006 of course.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

I heard the Macross Frontier PSP game is very good. Not that I care, because I can go missile crazy in WindomXP as well. :P

I'm going to reread Lone Wolf & Cub next.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Umiman wrote:I'm going to reread Lone Wolf & Cub next.
Novel I'm guessing?
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

One of the best manga ever.

Samurai manga with an extremely mature art style. Extreme violence, sexual themes, and one of the best stories I've ever read. I think the only place you can get it now is from piratebay.
Lone Wolf and Cub chronicles the story of Ogami Ittō, the Shogun's executioner who uses the Dotanuki battle sword. He was disgraced by false accusations from the Yagyu clan and has been forced to take the path of the assassin. Along with his three-year-old son, Daigoro, they seek revenge on the Yagyū clan and are known as "Lone Wolf and Cub".
The translation that they did is one of the best I've ever seen as well. The amount of work, dedication and time it must have took was truly impressive.

I highly recommend it.

Sigh... I really hate this new boxtorrents. It's so draconian and... pink.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

One of my friends suggested Tytania. It's a new space opera series that's up to episode 10-ish right now.

No idea how good it is, since I haven't watched it. You can check out the wiki entry here
Chaos Head hmm character hallucinating and a conspiracy going on? though lots of swords no guns.
Average on its own, an abomination compared to the VN. They killed it by changing and censoring out so much stuff
Spoiler! :
WTF was with the 'shady hand'? In the VN, they show it clearly dismembered and bloody. And also replaced it with the adventures of Sena, Kozu-pii and co, which was stupid
The animation quality also takes a nosedive towards the middle and end. The main character is a whiny Itsuki too. And the gore? Only for the first few episodes. It's not present anywhere else.

It's easy to see why Chaos;Head is often compared to Higurashi, but at least Higurashi's anime had a somewhat mysterious and creepy tone (I found it quite enjoyable tbh). The Chaos;Head anime, on the other hand, comes off as a horrible sci-fi flick, not even resembling the original.

I wouldn't bother with it if I were you. The psycho lolis are the only thing keeping me from ditching this show :\
/me claws out throat and dies
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Umiman wrote:One of the best manga ever.

Samurai manga with an extremely mature art style. Extreme violence, sexual themes, and one of the best stories I've ever read. I think the only place you can get it now is from piratebay.
Lone Wolf and Cub chronicles the story of Ogami Ittō, the Shogun's executioner who uses the Dotanuki battle sword. He was disgraced by false accusations from the Yagyu clan and has been forced to take the path of the assassin. Along with his three-year-old son, Daigoro, they seek revenge on the Yagyū clan and are known as "Lone Wolf and Cub".
The translation that they did is one of the best I've ever seen as well. The amount of work, dedication and time it must have took was truly impressive.

I highly recommend it.

Sigh... I really hate this new boxtorrents. It's so draconian and... pink.
Hit me up with a link to the magical hobo. I'm at work and short on time. Having it readily available to click on when I get home would be superb. 8)
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

PMed

Holycow: Seriously, what the heck is Chaos;head? A visual novel? Manga? Anime?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Chaos;HEad is a visual novel and anime.

I personally think it's the best visnovel ever made, but that's just me.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Guess I'll have to wait until the translation gets out...
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Here is the link to the manga... Which only has 2 translated chapters... :roll:

Thanks for the link Umi.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Only completed stuff, remember?
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Umiman wrote:Guess I'll have to wait until the translation gets out...
The Visual Novel translation is completed, but the patcher's not. You can still play it by comparing scripts though.

There's an anime adaptation of it, but it's pretty bad (compared with the visual novel) IMO
/me claws out throat and dies
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote: Speaking of rational decisions, I've been playing Infinite Undiscovery lately. I skipped this game at launch because the market presentation looked bland. Picked it up on black friday for $20. I'm glad I got a hold of this sleeper title, because it's damn good. The main character is the most rational Squeenix character I have ever seen.
This is because Squeenix had nothing to do with the game's development, they just localized it.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

I found the unreleased translation file for Chaos;head but probably won't use it for now. Prefer the full experience myself though the constant 95.01% completion rate is quite... intimidating.

Mirrormoon just finished Brass Restoration. Might look into that. If not, I've still got Rune Factory 2 to entertain myself with.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

I'm downloading Kurenai now.

Once I'm done with that one... I don't really know what else to watch. No nice games to play either. I might consider picking up a guitar hero guitar and download guitar hero world tour. Had fun playing it at a friend's house.

Return to “Animes”