TGM's AMV of the Week

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: TGM's AMV of the Week

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

b0mb3r wrote:i usually don't like Multi Editor Project. why? they're long. not that long is bad. i went through all four amv hells. and yes MEP are really well edited and how the music stitch together well. my problem is my attention span towards them. they just seem dragging. i waiting for a good MEP that makes my heart pump 15 mins straight. i usually like good amvs that make me all energetic and dancing-like. hell make it later a DDR/Pump It Up song or something so i can die of cardioid arrest. no offense TGM
I'm saving those for later, mostly because they are 40-60 mins long. There are 6 AMV Hells btw. 8)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:
b0mb3r wrote:i usually don't like Multi Editor Project. why? they're long. not that long is bad. i went through all four amv hells. and yes MEP are really well edited and how the music stitch together well. my problem is my attention span towards them. they just seem dragging. i waiting for a good MEP that makes my heart pump 15 mins straight. i usually like good amvs that make me all energetic and dancing-like. hell make it later a DDR/Pump It Up song or something so i can die of cardioid arrest. no offense TGM
I'm saving those for later, mostly because they are 40-60 mins long. There are 6 AMV Hells btw. 8)
oh sh*t. i thought they were done. wtf. when i have time i will invest later. right now i am catching up all the winter season anime.

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

A heads up, AMV Hell 0 is adult oriented.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:A heads up, AMV Hell 0 is adult oriented.
you calling me a child?! i've seen breasts for as long as i remember. At least i can draw them damn good (though i need live nude model cause i don't remember breasts well...wonder is that a good thing or not...)

baka baka baka
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

amv hell / 0.....

nudity is the least of your concerns
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Nerevarine wrote:amv hell / 0.....

nudity is the least of your concerns
This.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

What is this amv hell 0 you are talking about...? :?:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Member: mirkosp
Studio: Visual Experience Studio
Title: I Win Fags
Premiered: 2009-07-16
Categories:
* Action
* Fun
* Other

Song:
* Hifana - "Fresh Push Breakin"

Anime:
* Bakemonogatari (TV)

Participation:
* Matsuricon 2009, Matsuricon 2009 AMV Contest (2009-08-28)

Comments: HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVER!

I PUT ALL OF MINE IN THIS VIDEO!

BUT I FUCKED UP!

YOU MIGHT LIKE IT ANYWAY THOUGH!

AT LEAST I HOPE!

TO ANYONE ELSE, CHECK OUT BAKEMONOGATARI!

WOOT CAPS LOCK IS FUN!

Finalist for Best Dance/Upbeat at Matsuricon 2009.

EDIT FOR GLORY:
Winner of Chii's best HOLY SHAT I DONT LIKE THIS SHOW BUT WHY IS THIS VIDEO SO FUN TO WATCH???

That is totally the awesomest award this video will ever receive. ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Also 'cause it will receive no other recognition, probably. ヽ(´ー `)ノ
AMV.org Link (Download Here)

YouTube Link

Breakbeat mixed with Bakemonogatari just works. Both are the ADHD versions of their respective media. I would liked to have seen what the editor could do with a full length AMV to a song like that. The added in text and effects blended well with 'Batari' that it actually took me a bit to realize that it wasn't actually from the anime. Not bad for a birthday message.

Overall: 7/10
Member: Chiikaboom
Studio: .:Reversed Studios:.
Title: Fluffy Kittens & Rainbows
Premiered: 2009-10-05
Categories:
* Action
* Fun
* Parody

Songs:
* Dope - "I'm Back"
* Hollywood Undead - "Undead"

Anime:
* Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka (TV)
* Akuto (PC)
* And They're Off! Powerpuff Girls Z (TV)
* Ashita no Nadja
* Asu no Yoichi! (TV)
* Burst Angel
* Canvas2 (Niji-iro no Sketch) (TV)
* Cardcaptor Sakura
* CLAMP in Wonderland 2 (OAV)
* Clannad (TV)
* Clannad After Story (TV)
* Club to Death Angel Dokuro-Chan (TV)
* DearS
* Di Gi Charat
* Disgaea (TV)
* Eden of The East (TV)
* Ef - A Fairy Tale of the Two (Game)
* Ef - The Latter Tale (Game)
* Final Approach
* Futakoi Alternative
* Gift ~eternal rainbow~ (TV)
* Girls Bravo
* Haru no Ashioto (game)
* Heaven Strada (PC)
* Hidamari Sketch (TV)
* Hitoyume (PC)
* Hyakko (TV)
* Indian Summer (OAV)
* K-ON! (TV)
* Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens (TV)
* Kanokon (TV)
* Kanon (TV - 2006)
* Kodomo no Jikan (A Child`s Time) (OAV)
* Kujibiki Unbalance
* Love Get Chu (TV)
* Love Hina (TV)
* Lucky Star (TV)
* Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
* Magical Project S (Pretty Sammy TV)
* Magikano (TV)
* Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ (TV)
* Mahoromatic
* Majipuri ~Wonder Cradle~ (PC)
* Maria Holic (TV)
* Mew Mew Power
* Midori Days (Midori No Hibi) (TV)
* Minami-ke (TV)
* Moetan (TV)
* Momoiro Paradise (PC)
* Myself ; Yourself (TV)
* Nanatsuiro Drops (TV)
* Natsuzora Kanata (game)
* Nidiame Wa Mahou Shoujo (PC)
* Nurse Witch Komugi-chan Magikarte
* Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo (Bewitched Agnes) (TV)
* Operation Sanchuary (TV)
* Oretachi Ni Tsubasa Wa Nai (PC)
* Pani Poni Dash!
* Pokémon (TV)
* Popotan
* Primitive Link (PC)
* Rosario + Vampire (TV)
* Sailor Moon
* Saint Tail
* Seto no Hanayome (TV)
* Shakugan no Shana (TV)
* Shuffle!
* Slayers Revolution (TV)
* Sola (TV)
* Soul Eater (TV)
* Special A (TV)
* Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity- (TV)
* Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Kirameki Youko Box (Promo)
* This Ugly Yet Beautiful World (TV)
* Tiger x Dragon (TV)
* To Heart ~Remember My Memories~
* Uta~Kata
* Zero no Tsukaima

Participation:

* Anime Boston 2010 Music Video Contest, Anime Boston 2010 Music Video Contest (2010-04-02)

Comments:

Art.

--

Mr. Mudkipete: On youtube people could honestly care less for views, they want comments, favorites and ratings.
Mr. Mudkipete: And then subs.
Mr. Mudkipete: On the org, with so many different competitions, VCA's, Akross, bla bla bla
Mr. Mudkipete: people are left to edit for that popularity.
Mr. Mudkipete: if it isn't,
Mr. Mudkipete: then at least from what i've seen, the org has really declined in quality.
Mr. Mudkipete: All the older generation of AMV-makers constantly look down on newcomers, and barely ever offer actual critique.
Mr. Mudkipete: /this video sucks/anime sucks/sync blows/
Mr. Mudkipete: no real way to help the person improve.
Mr. Mudkipete: And I know for a damn fact you've seen this. That's why personally I'm hesitant to even bother releasing a video if its gonna get the same
Mr. Mudkipete: response on the org as it is on damn youtube.
Mr. Mudkipete: "OH AWESOME VIDEO" -org "editing, originality and sync sucked, : down :"
Mr. Mudkipete: you know? I rarely see any type of contrusctive critiques in any of the videos being announced. Before people would actually leave opinions and now you have to go to the exchange place and beg for them... what's up with that?

--

Code's Best "poke YOU AMV.ORG AND YOUR PRETENTIOUS cow-poop" Award

Winner: Fluffy Kittens and Rainbows / Chii
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=171932

Chii, I love you sometimes. Nine times out of ten, your opinions and reactions to AMV's are what they're supposed to be. And the drama that org puts on things and videos really does turn it into a pretty bleak place that forgets that this is a fun hobby that we want to do with friends and family. And this video takes all that drama/cow-poop/trolling and shoves it up the ass of an angry Chewbacca. This AMV reflects what ALL AMV's should be like. Works that the editor, the fans and the community can appreciate and have fun watching. AMV's don't have to be fantastic pieces of artwork [but they can], and AMV's can be fantastic pieces of artwork in a different way than just a epic storyline. And for that, Chii, I present you with this award!

--

Taken from a relevant PM

"...because apparently its completely okay to make an entire mep in order to bash and single out a certain member but its NOT ok to make fun of the pretentiousness of the community? Ghet the fsck over yourselves."

"... in a very, flat out, blunt way, to me, amvs being called art is the same thing as nailing a sock onto a hunk of wood and calling it art. Everyone else might think its art, heck even if its supposed to be art by definition, it doesnt mean i have to view it in the same way."

".. but just because i dont think amvs are art doesnt mean i think they're worthless. I wouldnt spend hours, days, weeks, even months working on a single video, if that was the case."

"Sadly when some newbies get mean messages from "popular" editors, it influences their own editing personality as well. Thats disgusting. I mean you're a popular amv editor, not a freaking celebrity. Get your head out of your arse already and realize you're partaking in a relatively nerdy hobby and not a steven spielburg film. "

"People just need to realize that, when it all boils down to it, AMV editing is just a hobby. Thats how its always been for me. I dont think i will ever have the talent to get into video editing as a career, or even the nerve to show my videos to a college professor, but as long as video editing is still fun, ill keep doing it."

YouTube Link

Another wonderful video from Chii, they're clawing their way to the top of my favorite editor list. 8) I love how simple it is. Straightforward editing with the music. Quick cuts and transitions to go along with the adrenaline music. Cute girls, can't go wrong. Most of all, I love the fact that this is AMV's creation was influenced by/has influenced so much QQ'ing. This was created for the right reasons.

Overall: 9/10
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Members: ScorpionP, Full Metal Sempai, SF_Phoenix
Title: Fragrance
Premiered: 2009-03-15
Categories:
* Action
* Dance
* Fun
* Other

Song:
* Jenny Rom - "Senorita" (Speedy Mix)

Anime:
* A Certain Magical Index (TV)
* A Summer Day's Dream (OVA)
* Air
* Ashita no Kimi to Au Tame ni (~Till I Reach Your Tomorrow~) (Game)
* Birdy the Mighty Decode (TV)
* Black Cat (TV)
* Cardcaptor Sakura: The Sealed Card (2nd Movie)
* Chrono Crusade (TV)
* CLAMP in Wonderland 2 (OAV)
* Clannad (TV)
* Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV)
* Corpse Princess (TV)
* D.C.II S.S. ~Da Capo II Second Season~ (TV)
* Ef - A Fairy Tale of the Two (Game)
* Ef - a tale of melodies. (TV)
* Ef - a tale of memories (TV)
* Ef - The Latter Tale (Game)
* Familiar of Zero: The Rider of the Twin Moons, The (TV)
* Fate/stay night (TV)
* Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu
* Gankutsuou
* GANTZ
* Gatekeepers
* Getsumen Toheiki Mina (TV)
* Ginban Kaleidoscope (TV)
* H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ (TV)
* Hani Hani: Operation Sanctuary
* Haruiro Ouse (game)
* Hitohira (TV)
* Indian Summer (OAV)
* Inukami! (TV)
* Kagirohi (game)
* Kanon (TV - 2006)
* Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
* Kujibiki Unbalance
* Kurokami The Animation (TV)
* Lamune (TV)
* Last Exile
* Macross Frontier (TV)
* Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
* Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's (TV)
* Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
* Magical Pokan (Magipoka) (TV)
* Mai-Otome (TV)
* Minami-ke (TV)
* Myself ; Yourself (TV)
* Night Wizard (TV)
* Primitive Link (PC)
* Prism Ark (TV)
* Ray (TV)
* Ruler of Nabari (TV)
* School Rumble
* Shakugan no Shana (TV)
* Shakugan no Shana Second (TV)
* Shuffle!
* Shugo Chara! (TV)
* Sky Girls (TV)
* Slayers Revolution (TV)
* Sola (TV)
* Spice and Wolf (TV)
* Strike Witches (TV)
* Tales of Phantasia (OVA)
* Tales of Vesperia (X360)
* Tears To Tiara (PC)
* Tiger x Dragon (TV)
* ToHeart2 (OVA)
* Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~ (TV)
* Tonagura! (TV)
* True Tears
* Tsubasa Chronicle
* Utawarerumono
* Uta~Kata
* Xam'd: Lost Memories (TV)
* Yogurting (Promo)
* Zero no Tsukaima

Comments: This is a project that was started about 6 months ago, and due to various reasons it's completion and release were delayed quite a bit (and laziness is not one of them...). Anyway, this is quite a simple video, set to an unusually fast-to-edit music, which we thought would be fun to edit to. We divided the whole video in 3 sections, 1 per person, just like in your usual MEP. While one would think this might not bring too much variety it turned out that each of us finished his track with a very different editing style than the other two.

Sections:

0:00-1:32 (intro included) - SF_Phoenix: "This was a pretty fun project, a first collab for me and a first with a crazy song like this o.o
Speaking of crazy, Marko ended up sending me a beta a few days after we started this and that pretty much got me motivated and I ended up finishing most of my track in a week or two =O. (and as you can see, the intro + tweaking took a couple months XD)
Time zones got pretty annoying for me, it's hard being the only one living on the other side of the world. I wasn't allowed to sleep in too much since our meetings needed reasonable times for everyone, fun times =P.
I'm pretty satisfied with what I did for the intro, even if it can't really be compared to Marko's credits. You have no idea how many different ideas for intros and different song mixes I went through to try to do the intro =/. And yeah, this project got me to find out that I absolutely fail at sound mixing, BUT it was my first time succeeding making text =O. Anyways, all in all, a very fun project =P"

1:32-2:39 - Full Metal Sempai: "After 2 participations in MEP projects that never finished,this project was a challenge for me.I've never made an amv with multiple sources and I have never edited a happy-go-lucky amv.This time,I had to do both using a crazy song (evil Marko and Steven for conspiring behind my back when we were to choose the song XD)
Meeting over msn with Marko and Steven was a lot of fun but beta-testing was seriously bad for my health.As you'll see,the video is a constant motion:pans,zooms and stuff but no effects whatsoever so finding a fitting scene was too nerve-cracking sometimes.
My first beta underwent at least a 80% make-over and after several attempts I was thinking I was dragging the team down. Thankfully, Nikolakis provided me with some nice footage just when I had lost all hope and I pulled it off.
All in all,I've got mixed feelings for this project.I love the final result,I enjoyed participating in a MEP with good friends but I don't think I'd do the same kind of video again.At least,not with such a song =P"

2:39-4:35 (credits included) - ScorpionP: First of all, I'd like to thank my mom and dad for being such a great support in my life, my neighbour who is by now probably able to sing every single word in the lyrics of the songs I used in my videos, and last but not least my 12 years old dog Black for being a lazy Itsuki. Anyway, I really enjoyed this project and I really like how the final product looks like. Fortunately, I managed to finish most of my share before uni rolled in, because honestly, I don't know when will be the next time I'll be able to devote myself to editing. So, it kinda makes me happy that the release got delayed since now I can say that I have something edited in 2009. Anyway, I hope we'll make another collab, maybe not soon, but one day yeah.

Special thanks for various help with this project goes to nikolakis and rAzz0r.

We hope you enjoy!

YouTube Link

Holy shit this AMV is on crack. I've always been a big fan of this song, being the DDR nut that I am. Cute girls being bad ass while still keeping their enchanting auras. One thing that really caught my eye was the ending credits. The design added extra points and made it stand out from the other CrackMVs.

Overall: 7/10
Member: qwaqa
Title: Ian Fleming's Property of a Lady
Premiered: 2009-08-19
Category:
* Other

Song:
* Muse Feeling Good

Anime:
* Ah! My Goddess (Movie)
* CANAAN (TV)
* Cowboy Bebop
* Kemeko Deluxe! (TV)
* Neon Genesis Evangelion
* Noir

Participation:
* AMV News: Alternative Opening 2009, AMV News: Alternative Opening 2009 (2009-08-16)

Comments:

YouTube Link

I... Well... BLOWN AWAY. That's how I feel when I watch this AMV. It may be the Bond fanboy in me going a little over the deep end on how good this is, but I really don't care. This AMV has a perfect music choice for a bond film, and the custom opening (minus the professional studio magic) looks like it could really fit flawlessly. I must say, this new editor hit the bulls eye and really pulled a rabbit out of the hat here.

Overall: 10/10
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

I'll be TGM's substitute of this week's AMV:

RAH HEY!

Is a great insight and creativity what editors of AMV has to go through by using a Green Day song for a pun.

baka baka baka
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Continue the tradtion and wish anyone to join me in sharing their favorite AMV:

This week I found Confession To The Dancefloor

I am usually into dance video that makes my heart pump. Using either techno, pop, electro, buzz, rave, and anything with a nice beat without stupid hip-hop, poor rap and rb I accept.

baka baka baka
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Can we put our own here?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Feel free. I'd prefer if you kept to my format, or something similar, with links to YouTube/NicoNico as well as a direct download. Make sure to review it as well and say what you liked about it. I've been out of the AMV scene for a good 2 years now, so I'd either have a lot of catch up to do, or just let someone else take up the reigns.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I personally do not a lot of them...I usually check the Pandora Hearts ones, but it's been stalled fpr a long time.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

kira0802 wrote:I personally do not a lot of them...I usually check the Pandora Hearts ones, but it's been stalled fpr a long time.
you russian?

baka baka baka

Return to “Animes”