Anime Fall 09 Line-up!

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Anime Fall 09 Line-up!

Post by ben1234 »

The problem with Ookami is that the 4 minutes of awesome does not justify how boring the rest of the episode was. It doesn't help when the PSP game fails to keep my interest longer than Final Fantasy: Dissidia did (that's not very easy to do).

I'll probably give it a bit longer before my final judgment but it's already leaning on the drop side.

Durararararararararara on the other hand isn't bad. Just... similar to Baccano in some ways
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Stigmata
Could do without the censoring... and could at least try to be better than an already average shounen manga

Kindergarten
The design of the little kids are a blatant ripoff of Potemayo. So go watch that since no kindergarten can replace Guchuko

Hidamari
It hasn't really changed a bit and that's a problem when you being to wonder how or when Shaft is going to end this. At least Galaxy Angels knew when to stop. Also, needs more Hiro.

To me, the new characters are a sign that Shaft is trying to bring in more viewers to bump up what I imagine to be low ratings (or they might actually be following the manga properly)
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

been awhile since i've been here, blame FarmVille and MafiaWars for pulling me away from the otaku community -_-

any quality new titles you could suggest guys? i'm developing an appetite for anything other than white album 2, SnO and SnI..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

ben1234 wrote:Stigmata
Could do without the censoring... and could at least try to be better than an already average shounen manga

Kindergarten
The design of the little kids are a blatant ripoff of Potemayo. So go watch that since no kindergarten can replace Guchuko

Hidamari
It hasn't really changed a bit and that's a problem when you being to wonder how or when Shaft is going to end this. At least Galaxy Angels knew when to stop. Also, needs more Hiro.

To me, the new characters are a sign that Shaft is trying to bring in more viewers to bump up what I imagine to be low ratings (or they might actually be following the manga properly)
Stigmata is based from the manga, and it DEFINITELY needs censoring from the amounts exposed in the manga...
Spoiler! :
Burnt nipples, nudity etc etc
Kindergarden isnt too interesting even as its manga counterpart, so i didnt give it a try either. Potemayo is based off 4square, but this one is not. The best comparison is with Kodomo no Jikan except they arent mature enough to do all the perverse stuff.

Not too sure about Hidamari in the end... Didnt manage to get first season, or the manga...

Havent watched any MUST-WATCH anime this season yet...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

thanks for the heads-up, guess i'd put seikon no kwaser on my list then, i could always enjoy both manga and anime versions anyways.. if its like this though, probably the only stuff that'd keep me going is my anticipated v4 movie and SnS Third - whether or not KyoAni and J.C.Staff screw them up is something i can't change T_T

edit: i'm also playing catch up on a LOT of series i ignored since jan '09, any must-see titles?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I meant it could do without having a cape cover half the screen. Hell, it'd be fine it they used conveniently placed lights and fog

Not like it's gonna be any better without the heavy censoring

The real gems of the season are going to be Baka Test and Durararararara.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

shichinanatsu wrote:i'm also playing catch up on a LOT of series i ignored since jan '09, any must-see titles?
obvious ones are:

Clannad After-Story
Bakamonogatari
Toradora
Eden of East
Tokyo Magitude 8.0
Gundam OO Season 2
Haruhi S2, skip endless eight or at least watch the 1st and last episode
Trapeze
Aoi Bungaka
Fullmetal Brotherhood
Cross Game

OVA:

the Kara no Kyoukai movies
Summer Wars
This years Negima OVAs

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

b0mb3r wrote:
shichinanatsu wrote:i'm also playing catch up on a LOT of series i ignored since jan '09, any must-see titles?
obvious ones are:

Bakamonogatari
Toradora
Eden of East
Tokyo Magitude 8.0
Gundam OO Season 2
Trapeze
Fullmetal Brotherhood
Maria Holic
Ristorante Paradiso
Seitokai no Ichizon (it's a hit or miss show)

OVA:

the Kara no Kyoukai movies
Summer Wars
This years Negima OVAs
Eve no Jikan
Fixed
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

heh, differing tastes huh :? i've already seen clannad AS, toradora, haruhi s2, seitokai no ichizon.. i'll probably follow up with bakemonogatari and higashi no eden next.. not an easy task given that a LOT of torrent hosting sites are under fire lately, mininova being the greatest loss T_T
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

shichinanatsu wrote:been awhile since i've been here, blame FarmVille and MafiaWars for pulling me away from the otaku community -_-

any quality new titles you could suggest guys? i'm developing an appetite for anything other than white album 2, SnO and SnI..
Farmville? really? XD
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

no, seriously.. :? and apparently a lot of my fellow filipinos find FV interesting - even fun. perhaps it resonates with our Third World agricultural collective unconscious 8)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

http://www.bakabt.com/

Their registration hasn't closed for a while and you only really need to keep up a 1.00 ratio, which isn't hard to do (I easily maintain a 3.00+ ratio). Granted, most of that is from the hentai that happens to have lots of perverted leechers, but I can probably get ~2.5 with only soundtracks and unpopular anime
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

ben1234 wrote:I meant it could do without having a cape cover half the screen. Hell, it'd be fine it they used conveniently placed lights and fog

Not like it's gonna be any better without the heavy censoring

The real gems of the season are going to be Baka Test and Durararararara.
After watching a single episode of Durarararara, i am still unsure what the story is really about... So i will save my comments until I get a better picture...

As for Baka Test, first episode disappointed me very much, i expected the story to be better... Too many places were changed.

Edit: What is this BakaBT site? I dont follow english torrent sites much... Whats so special about it?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

You can try to read their wiki a bit before you ask that...
What makes BakaBT different?

There are many anime torrent sites but BakaBT is unique in the quality of our content. Our goal is to provide torrents only for completed anime or anime-related material and we pick only the best versions. We do not accept public submissions; only Power Users and Power Uploaders may do so.

All submissions are thoroughly checked before they are added to our ever-growing list of series; by ever-growing, we really mean ever-growing in the sense that even old torrents are still seeded. Our mantra in short: quality over quantity, and ease-of-use.

Do keep in mind that BakaBT exists because of its users; old content is still available because of the many dedicated seeders who provide you with good download speeds, so returning the favour is a must.

This is a public tracker, but we do prefer users to register before using the site. Before you do anything here at BakaBT, we suggest you read the Rules! There are only a few rules to abide by and most are common sense.
The great thing is that they have a lot of stuff from the 80s while still having lots of seeders for them, and they really do go through an intense screening process to filter through possible uploads, so you're sure to get the highest quality possible
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

thanks ben...i guess?

but what's wrong with aoi bungaka and cross game and besides Haruhi S2 but clannad? really?

baka baka baka

Return to “Animes”