Anime Fall 09 Line-up!

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Re: Anime Fall 09 Line-up!

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

ainsoph9 wrote:I would not hold my breath on those movies. They are supposed to be just re-tellings of the series. So, it should be just like the Eva movies pretty much.
First one is. Second one is new.
ore wa ecchi wrote:head up guys... omamori himari, qwaser ang more are coming ^___^
Spoiler! :
Okami Kakushi is Ryukishi07's latest work, so that's a definite watch... Katanagatari is Nisio Isin, so another automatic watch... Sora no Woto doesn't look terrible either, and DRRRR! or whatever... creators of Baccano? Another must-watch.

Now if the shows not announced so far aren't crap this might be a good season.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

i find it funny how we just got a teaser of durarara. i bet you guys not gonna have a competition on translating like you did with toradora last year. but yeah the teaser was scary

Soranowoto looks like K-On in WW2 era

Qwaser. um i did read the manga years ago. same artist who did the mai-hime series. not too impressive with the story.

Omamori = eh

Okami. who is Ryukishi07?

Ladies vs Butler looks interesting.

Katanagatari- made my favorite current japanese author Nisio Isin. you know what this guy did? he release a novel EVERY MONTH. just 12 volumes and he is done. that why the story is about 12 swords. this could either be 12-24 episodes. i hope 24 with 2 episodes each volume. only wish shaft did as i have no idea what studio White Fox is.

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

b0mb3r wrote:Okami. who is Ryukishi07?
You gotta be kidding me!? Dragon Knight 07? Higurashi?

P.S. this is made from the PSP game, currently it is still in japanese... Anyone wanna translate this one? LOLz, cant wait to play this one.

SoRaNoWoTo reminds me of Sky-girls or Strike Witches.

Qwaser of Stigmata, if i recall, some scenes might be censored... But the story is quite good. And the main character is a badass.

Dance in the Vampire Bund, it is more of political stuff, but quite good should they follow the manga. Just hope the way they draw lips will change.

Hanamaru Kindergarden, I am happy with the manga, but will not follow the anime i guess. A more innocent version of Kodomo no Jikan.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, need i say anything? If i really must, i would say "go read the novel for a good preview!"

Hidden God, the translation is wrong again i believe. The term used in chinese is 神隱, which is the mysterious disappearances of people, which in ancient Japan, are sometimes considered to be kidnapped by God. It is similar to Higurashi, as the term used is 鬼隱, disappearanced due to Onis.

Omamori Himari, the manga is not too attractive to me, and i think the anime would be worse.

This list seems worse off compared to the last one LOLz, less animes to follow, good.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
b0mb3r wrote:Okami. who is Ryukishi07?
You gotta be kidding me!? Dragon Knight 07? Higurashi?
My reaction. Ryukishi07 is both a troll and an artistic genius. He's unbelievably epic. How can you not know of him?
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:SoRaNoWoTo reminds me of Sky-girls or Strike Witches.
Minus panties.
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Hidden God, the translation is wrong again i believe. The term used in chinese is 神隱, which is the mysterious disappearances of people, which in ancient Japan, are sometimes considered to be kidnapped by God. It is similar to Higurashi, as the term used is 鬼隱, disappearanced due to Onis.
So "Divined Away" or something? :lol:
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

little research. okay i only knew the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni made by as "07th Expansion". i never really care about the individual group (or brothers you say). sorry. also his art is okay

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

This has been bugging me for some time now, but does anyone know who the pink-haired girl who sings is in the OP of Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza?
ShadowZeroHeart

ainsoph9 wrote:This has been bugging me for some time now, but does anyone know who the pink-haired girl who sings is in the OP of Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza?
Singer who will make her appearance later on, only after Haruka's pop star road is unlocked. So work hard to get the flags while getting there.

P.S. Yuto seems to attract all the same kinda girls... he must be one big M.
Kaisos Erranon wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Hidden God, the translation is wrong again i believe. The term used in chinese is 神隱, which is the mysterious disappearances of people, which in ancient Japan, are sometimes considered to be kidnapped by God. It is similar to Higurashi, as the term used is 鬼隱, disappearanced due to Onis.
Yeah Divined away. I dont know the exact english term, but its somewhere there.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Do I have to let Haruka die first before I collect the stash of manga and anime to open the pop star route for her? Or, will I be stuck in a never-ending time loop where all of my classmates are mysteriously murdered if I do that?
ShadowZeroHeart

ainsoph9 wrote:Do I have to let Haruka die first before I collect the stash of manga and anime to open the pop star route for her? Or, will I be stuck in a never-ending time loop where all of my classmates are mysteriously murdered if I do that?
Haruka Pop Star route opened during epsiode 6.

They made lotsa changes to the story, so i cant be sure when she will appear...

example, maids are maids, not mikos!!
(Damn, Alice in miko outfit... damn... I almost wanna be like Rena and go kidnap Alice... but she looks nicer in maid outfit too... damn...)

Anyways it was supposed to be a class outing, that explains why Haruka and gang are all there. And so Haruka is surrounded by classmates.

Haruka route seems to have changed.... Well, she is not so out-going as to hop onto Yuto and did what she did like in the anime... The rest are largely the same, except for their fortunes. If you choose not to get fortunes from the shrine, you would unlock an event, "the meeting with the travelling miko". Furthermore, Haruka got a good fortune(She is indeed blessed by the heavens), but Yuto was not as fortunate(He is indeed cursed by all the males in the world, or by Haruhi's saying, 90% of males). Then you would unlock the illustration that was in the first season OP, where Haruka tied their papers together. It is some custom or something? to tie a bad fortune on a tree to ward off the bad fortune. And Haruka tied her good fortune with Yuto's in order to "share her good fortune" with Yuto.

Shiina route seems to be gone... Yuto should not have just found that ring, but instead approached Shiina for help for "Present for Haruka", then get Shiina to show him a shop, and then Yuto will have to choose to option "Get Shiina a ring as a gift in return" to turn on Shiina's flag. Just as Haruka's ring depicts Lunar, the moon, if i recall correctly, Shiina's depicts the sun. Thus the contrast of them being different and rivals being stated explicitly. Furthermore, if Yuto goes to get the free sake and food for the class, Shiina would volunteer to help Yuto carry the stuff to send some time together. And then they will stop for a moment to listen to Milan(if that's the name)'s song, whenever Shiina and Yuto talks about songs, it is usually Milan's songs. Later, she would realise she lost a precious hairpin, and Yuto can choose to "find the hairpin for Shiina" to open another flag for Shiina. These actions are important to see why Shiina loves Yuto.

As for Milan route, the first encounter was quite hectic, she was in a big rush, and hurried off quickly, unlike the anime. And upon unlocking Haruka's pop star route... She would be too busy with her work and would be unable to accompany Yuto, and so Milan becomes available.

P.S. a small personal request, can someone make me a cute picture of Alice? If anyone's gonna make one, make sure its cute please~
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, watching that episode seemingly answered my question. It is funny though that how they present Milan on stage versus in person seems to be like day and night. I have heard that some performers are like this, but it seems like her case is going towards Kogami Akira levels. We shall see though. I have a hard time believing that they are not going to make a bigger deal of that encounter.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote:
Yeah Divined away. I dont know the exact english term, but its somewhere there.
Don't you mean "Spirited Away" ?? :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

So the 2nd Haruka series isnt after the light-novels but after a visual-novel?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart

Darklor wrote:So the 2nd Haruka series isnt after the light-novels but after a visual-novel?
Nope, it is according to the light novel, i am just talking in otaku terms, so i am using such weird terms haha!
onizuka-gto wrote: Don't you mean "Spirited Away" ?? :roll:
I am not sure what the different terms really are in japanese, so i cannot do a proper translation... Someone will have to check that though...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

onizuka-gto wrote: Don't you mean "Spirited Away" ?? :roll:
That's "Kamikakushi", "Hidden Away by the Spirits", usually translated as "Spirited Away".

This is "Okamikakushi", "Hidden Away by God(s)". How would you translate that?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Kidnapped? Dead? Ascended? Safed? Blessed? :twisted:
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Animes”