Clannad II

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Re: Clannad II

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

shichinanatsu wrote:which makes me that much of a BAKA for not being able to unlock After Story (and also not knowing how to go on Kappei's route).. :cry:
Follow the Clannad 300 Hour Guide.

It'll help you to unlock absolutely everything, except the Baseball Route, a walkthrough for which is here.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
shichinanatsu wrote:which makes me that much of a BAKA for not being able to unlock After Story (and also not knowing how to go on Kappei's route).. :cry:
Follow the Clannad 300 Hour Guide.

It'll help you to unlock absolutely everything, except the Baseball Route, a walkthrough for which is here.
300 hours?!

ps. is it worth it to play the game even though i am spoiled by all the stories from the anime?

baka baka baka
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

b0mb3r wrote: 300 hours?!

ps. is it worth it to play the game even though i am spoiled by all the stories from the anime?
It doesn't actually take 300 hours to beat the game, I don't know why it's called that.

It takes about 90 hours, actually, and that might only be if you're not scene skipping.

And yes, it is totally worth it. For starters, all of the routes are different in at least some way (Yukine's is completely different), and I think it's more emotional due to Tomoya being the player character, and not just another anime male lead.

After Story is more fleshed out and slice-of-life, (which really helps create an impact when the birth scene occurs), and Sanae, Akio, and Kappei (who never even appeared in the anime for some reason) have their own routes/arcs. (Akio's is actually another entire route branching off from the early part of After Story.)

Also, if you are planning on playing the game, try playing Nagisa's route first without following a walkthrough. It'll clear most of the first few days and the intro to her route, so that you can skip through that on subsequent playthroughs. (I'd also suggest playing the Baseball Route directly after Fuuko's and before the version of Nagisa's route in the guide, as it relies on you knowing who all the characters are.)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Kaisos Erranon wrote: Also, if you are planning on playing the game, try playing Nagisa's route first without following a walkthrough. It'll clear most of the first few days and the intro to her route, so that you can skip through that on subsequent playthroughs. (I'd also suggest playing the Baseball Route directly after Fuuko's and before the version of Nagisa's route in the guide, as it relies on you knowing who all the characters are.)
sorry but i don't quite get this statement. if i do nagisa's route first and only, will that open up to the after story? but i heard that you need like 13 orbs or something to save her so does that includes helping others on the Nagisa's route?

also what is this baseball route?

baka baka baka
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by shichinanatsu »

THANK YOU!!!! :D now all i need to do is give it my all for a cleared game b4 the 15th..

@b0mb3r: no. playing Nagisa route first and only (meaning minimal interaction with everyone else) WILL NOT OPEN AFTER STORY. i've been there, done that, didn't happen. also,
Spoiler! :
nagisa dies the first time you play AS, NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, since tomoya's gaining naoyuki's light requires nagisa's death. and of course you need all 13 orbs to pull off the miracle of nagisa surviving.
the baseball route was animated as ep1 of AS, but in the game it occurs in School Arc - towards the end of April.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

b0mb3r wrote: sorry but i don't quite get this statement. if i do nagisa's route first and only, will that open up to the after story? but i heard that you need like 13 orbs or something to save her so does that includes helping others on the Nagisa's route?
To actually get any orbs in After Story (and to get the best version of her graduation scene) you have to help others in Nagisa's route. Beating the route once is not sufficient to open After Story, but, like I said, it clears out most of the pre-route events (and the intro to her route, which is required for most routes) so that you can fast-forward through that on later playthroughs.

Also the route is rather different if you don't help anyone. In fact, on the Sunday you'd normally be playing around with Mei, you'll instead get a scene of Tomoya trying to kiss Nagisa while working at the bakery. It's very amusing.
b0mb3r wrote: also what is this baseball route?
I linked to it in a previous post. It's sort of a non-character route, very entertaining and hard to get to. Also, one of my favorite endings in the game.
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Finally, the Kyou DVD chapter is out.

First things first: Kyou-chan kawaii~~, Ryou-chan mo kawaii~~ <3 <3 <3

But... in the end, Kappei didn't even make a single appearance.

Funny there's so much kissing in this episode, yet Kyo-Ani has never shown Tomoya and Nagisa (the Chosen One) kissing even once.

It seems Kyo-Ani just isn't good at doing kisses, even the kisses in this episode were from a far angle and hardly close up.

Sunohara is surprisingly mature for this chapter. He speaks for a lot of us when commenting on Tomoya, or for any other bishoujo series protagonist for that matter: You sure have really luxurious problems! xD (Also LOL at his option of choosing both twins)

The Clannad story has always been intended to be Tomoya x Nagisa, yet Kyou's perceived "shafting aside" has got many of her shippers up in arms, and generated a lot of unwanted Nagisa hate throughout discussion of the main series. Hopefully, this episode will lay those ghosts to rest once and for all.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Well, I'm just glad the episode wasn't BS'ed...But, really, I am not very good at handling the overflow of this somewhat cheesy drama...
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Kinny Riddle wrote:Finally, the Kyou DVD chapter is out.

First things first: Kyou-chan kawaii~~, Ryou-chan mo kawaii~~ <3 <3 <3

But... in the end, Kappei didn't even make a single appearance.

Funny there's so much kissing in this episode, yet Kyo-Ani has never shown Tomoya and Nagisa (the Chosen One) kissing even once.

It seems Kyo-Ani just isn't good at doing kisses, even the kisses in this episode were from a far angle and hardly close up.

Sunohara is surprisingly mature for this chapter. He speaks for a lot of us when commenting on Tomoya, or for any other bishoujo series protagonist for that matter: You sure have really luxurious problems! xD (Also LOL at his option of choosing both twins)

The Clannad story has always been intended to be Tomoya x Nagisa, yet Kyou's perceived "shafting aside" has got many of her shippers up in arms, and generated a lot of unwanted Nagisa hate throughout discussion of the main series. Hopefully, this episode will lay those ghosts to rest once and for all.
lol as i was reading this i was like. hey deja vu where did i read this? then i realize is the same copy of your comment on Random curiosity. makes me lulz for ya.

yes i love the part when tomoya ask sunohara his option of choosing who reminding me the situation my brother is in. he ask me who would i choose in his position and i said both too like sunohara and got the same tomoya response of if i could be beat to death lol

anyway it was a bit satisfying but being a bit greedy i want more Kyou X Tomoya cause i am their shipper. i love how the twins eyes distinguish each other so i could tell it was kyou though it freaks me out a bit to think of her as a purple nagasia at the end.

Hell kinny your konota and kagami banner below i would choose kagami over her sister too. aren't they basically the same?

who is Kappei?

baka baka baka
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni was just not very interesting...

Plus, the ED is a rock song with an old man singing...>.>
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

b0mb3r wrote: lol as i was reading this i was like. hey deja vu where did i read this? then i realize is the same copy of your comment on Random curiosity. makes me lulz for ya.

yes i love the part when tomoya ask sunohara his option of choosing who reminding me the situation my brother is in. he ask me who would i choose in his position and i said both too like sunohara and got the same tomoya response of if i could be beat to death lol

anyway it was a bit satisfying but being a bit greedy i want more Kyou X Tomoya cause i am their shipper. i love how the twins eyes distinguish each other so i could tell it was kyou though it freaks me out a bit to think of her as a purple nagasia at the end.

Hell kinny your konota and kagami banner below i would choose kagami over her sister too. aren't they basically the same?

who is Kappei?
I copy and pasted because I couldn't be arsed into writing the same thing twice, you got a problem with that? :evil:

Kappei is the trap that will become Ryou's boyfriend in place of Tomoya.
Fushichou wrote:Umineko no Naku Koro Ni was just not very interesting...

Are you sure you're posting in the right section?
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Fushichou wrote:Umineko no Naku Koro Ni was just not very interesting...

Kinny Riddle wrote:Are you sure you're posting in the right section?
Nah, I missed the Summer '09 thread. Oh well, I'll leave it here.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

.. i guess i was quite stupid for thinking there wouldn't be a kyou arc..
Spoiler! :
compared with s1's tomoyo arc, kyou arc isn't noteworthy at all. animation looks rushed or LQ, the story's a bit off - though the main elements are still there. while i'd pick tomoyo anytime for overall quality, kyou held a greater impact on me emotionally as i've had a similar experience. let's just say i've been through a loving-the-right-girl-at-the-wrong-time moment, leading to a Bad End. though its not like i regret how things are, going through that taught a lot of things, raising my confidence that the next chance wouldn't go so badly, perhaps even turn out for the best 8)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Spoiler! :
Why do I feel like I'm the only one who actually liked it quite a bit? I thought it was very nice, but then I've always been a Kyou fan.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

Spoiler! :
hey, i enjoyed it too. i just think KyoAni could have done way better. Key's handling of such a cliche had been nothing short of awesome, so i kinda raised my hopes for it after watching tomoyo arc.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Return to “Animes”