New Anime News/Info/Opinion

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Symphonia wrote:Sure, if the only food group you need is loli.
And psychoness.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

How is ZnT and Shana psycho? :?

/me expects more lethally moe USO DA!! outbursts from Rena.
/me claws out throat and dies
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

HolyCow wrote:How is ZnT and Shana psycho? :?

/me expects more lethally moe USO DA!! outbursts from Rena.
I meant Higurashi . . .
cloyster
Astral Realm

Post by cloyster »

Higurashi a total psycho...
I am too scared to watch that *lol*.

For me ZnT and Shana are must watch.
Others, maybe like Romeo X Juliet, Nagasarete Airantou are good too.
Gluttony
Astral Realm

Post by Gluttony »

i am interisted in Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho...looks promising^^
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

RomeoXjuliet is a monstrosity-zeh, I could only stand 3 eps before I decided that it was a waste of my time
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Here's a list of announced anime that are confirmed for fall 07:
  • Da Capo 2
  • Kiddy Grade movie
  • Rebuild of Evangelion
  • Clannad movie
  • Aria OVA
  • Stranger Mukoh Hadan
  • Gundam 00
  • Appleseed Saga Ex Machina
  • Clamp In Wonderland 2
  • Moonlight Mile: 2nd Season - Touch down
Here's a list of announced anime that might be for fall 07 but not confirmed:
  • Kodomo no Jikan (A Child's Time)
  • Prism Ark
  • Shana 2
  • Moyashimon (Tales of Agriculture)
  • Dragonaut: The Resonance
  • Genshiken 2007
Last edited by ben1234 on Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cloyster
Astral Realm

Post by cloyster »

Banzaii!!

Definitely have to watch Shana 2, Da Capo 2, Clannad, and Genshiken 2007.
Looking forward to this years anime, so many good one, computer almost exploded with DLs :roll:
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

According to Moonphase and houkoholic from AnimeSuki forums, Clannad TV will be airing starting from Oct. 4.

Source
2nd source
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Shows for fall 07:
Spoiler! :
Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Rebuild of Evangelion
Summary: I never did understood the original.

Thoughts: A remake of the original series, though I never liked Eva.

Kiddy Grade: Truth Dawn
Summary: Don't feel like spoiling anything so watch the first season.

Thoughts: Admit it, you'll be watching this for Hirano Aya.

Moonlight Mile: 2nd Season - Touch down
Summary: Some guys want to go to the moon after climbing all the mountains in the world.

Thoughts: I heard the first season was anything but exciting. :roll:

Gekijouban Clannad
Summary from ANN: Tomoya Okazaki is a third year student labelled as a delinquent. Everything seems to be unchanging for his school life until he meets Nagisa, and Tomoya finds that his life is about to change. He starts to have dreams of a bleak world and meets a girl who has the ability to fuse junk together in order to create things, and doing so, creates a body out of junk for him. He is then reborn into this empty world and follows around the girl, the only two existences who are "alive."

Thoughts: The Clannad movie, if you haven't heard of this get out from under your rock.

Aria The OVA: Arietta
Summary: Same boring crap as the first 2 seasons.

Thoughts: At least the third season is an OVA this time.

Gekijouban Aquarion
Summary: Guy finds out he's the reincarnation of this angel and he fights the evil bad guy with his love interest and friends.

Thoughts: I never did get why people liked Aquarion so much.

Stranger Mukoh Hadan
Summary: A guy is supposed to kill this kid but they go on a journey to "uncover mysteries and lost memories" instead.

Thoughts: A movie by Bones, so it should be worth watching.

Moyashimon
Summary: None, but don't let your guard down.

Thoughts: The English name is "Tales of Agriculture" and the official website has a picture of... something...

Minami-ke
Summary: Based on a manga about 3 sisters and their everyday life told in an "extraordinary manner."

Thoughts: This looks... interesting.

Mokke
Summary: A heartwarming story about two sisters that can see spirits and stuff.

Thoughts: These types of shows are usually boring, but heartwarming. :D

Shakugan no Shana Second
Summary: Go watch the first season.

Thoughts: One of the highly anticipated show of the season and for good reason.

ef - a tale of memories
Summary: The story revolves around the protagonist Hirono Hiro, a poor high school boy who draws shoujo manga for his living. One cold Christmas night after meeting a very strange woman in a church, who tells him that he`s going to meet someone he has to meet, his bike gets stolen by another strange girl. He runs after her and finds her collapsed on the street. Her name is Miyamura Miyako and her bag got stolen by a man on a motorbike. Soon after, they start hanging out together, enjoying highschool life. Miyako falls for Hiro pretty quickly but naturally finds a rival in his childhood friend, Shindou Kei, who has been dictating Hiro`s life since ever.

Thoughts: Its based on a game by Minori, the makers of Wind and its being produced by Shaft so its worth giving a shot

Kodomo no Jikan
Summary: Thread

Thoughts: Probably half of the channel will fap to this.

Prism Ark
Summary: A country's king, queen, and princess go missing after an ambush by the Sablum Empire, triggering the start of this huge war. Years later, the king, queen, and princess are still missing and the main guy is 2 weeks late to his knight school.

Thoughts: I heard the game was great. If only I knew Japanese. :cry: Sorry for the crappy summary but I didn't want to copy and paste that huge wall of text they had over at Animesuki.

Blue Drop: Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku
Summary: In 1995, all 800 habitants of the isolated Kamikakushi Island vanished in one night, all but a single girl who lost her memory. The cause of the disappearances was never identified. Four years later, that girl, Mari, transfers to a girl's dormitory school, Kaihou Gakuen, leaving behind her grandmother who had been her guardian ever since the incident. There, she meets Hagino.

Thoughts: Um... it looks awesome?

Sketchbook: Full Color`s
Summary: Based on a 4-koma so expect something like Azumanga and Lucky Star

Thoughts: I'll be expecting this to make me laugh. :D

Suteki Tantei Labyrinth
Summary: Can't find any, not like I'm expecting much out of it anyway.

ANN says its a mystery show, and it does look crappy. But it is a Studio Deen show... :?

Night Wizard
Summary: Can't find any but I assume its something along the lines of: High school kid with mysterious magical powers fight bad guys along with his friends/love interest.

Dragonaut: The Resonance
Summary: None but it looks like a Sci-fi set in space. Produced by Gonzo so don't expect much.

Thoughts: How to tell if Gonzo has a small or big budget on something: If its good, big budge. If bad, small budget.

Clannad
Summary: Go read the summary for the movie.

Thoughts: Easily the most anticipated show this season.

Taiho Shichauzo
Summary: Cops that do what cops do.

Thoughts: Looks boring, very boring.

Shugo Chara
Summary: Everybody at Seiyo Elementary thinks that stylish and super cool Hinamori Amu has it all: But nobody knows the real Amu, a shy girl who wishes she had the courage to truly be herself. Changing Amu’s life is going to take more than wishes and dreams–it’s going to take a little magic! One morning, Amu finds a surprise in her bed: three strange little eggs. Each egg contains a Guardian Character, an angel-like being who can give her the power to be someone new. With the help of her Guardian Characters, Amu is about to discover that her true self is even more amazing than she ever dreamed.

Thoughts: Peach Pit's shoujo show for the season.

Kidou Senshi Gundam 00
Summary: It is the year A.D. 2307. Fossil fuels on Earth have been depleted entirely, with mankind turning to the next available power source: solar energy. During this time, 3 orbital elevators with solar power generation systems are built, each under control by the Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations (formerly United States of America), the Human Reform League (Russia, China and India) and the Advanced European Union. However, not all countries are able to enjoy the benefits of this system, leading to widespread resentment and war. Arising out of the conflict, a mysterious non-profit military organization known as Celestial Being appears, dedicated to end all warfare using Mobile Suits called Gundam. This begins the stories of Gundam Meisters (pilots) Setsuna F. Seiei, Lockon Stratos, Allelujah Haptism and Tiera Erde as they are thrown into conflict between the 3 superpowers and the other various factions.

Thoughts: The main pilots all look like girls and yes, there is a good chance that even Setsuna and Tiera are guys. :shock:

KimiKiss Pure Rouge
Summary: Go watch a couple of anime based on H-games and you'll get the overall plot.

Thoughts: Based on a H-game so expect a harem. Done by J.C. Staff.

Juushin Enbu: Hero Tales
Summary: Guy with a lot of power gets a shiny new sword. He loses the sword in his first fight and now he has to get it back.

Thoughts: This season's Shounen show.

Genshiken
Summary: Otakus and one of their girlfriend in a club for otakus. =D

Thoughts: /me cheers like the little fanboy he is

D.C. II: Da Capo II
Summary: Taking place 53 years after the original game, the only characters that return are Junichi and Sakura (she's still the same loli she was 53 years ago) and Nemu doesn't reappear but is mentioned.

Thoughts: I'm a Da Capo fanboy. :D

Ghost Hound
Can't find a summary.

Thoughts: Based on the original concept of Ghost in the Shell creator, Masamune Shirow. The script is done by the guy who did the script for Astro Boy 2003 and Hellsing.

Appleseed Saga Ex Machina
Summary: It`s 2131 A.D.. Deunan Knute had been a soldier in the battlefields for most of her life. When the World War ends, she`s transported to the city of Olympus to live peacefully and finds out that, in an effort to protect the human race from future wars, humans have created the Bioriods, a geneticaly enhanced race of people that have restrained feelings and therefore cannot hurt each other. She discovers, however, that not everyone is happy with this Human-Bioriod symbiosis: many humans treat Bioriods as a lower species and a threat to their future, the human-controlled Military is seeking annihilation of all Bioriods and the Bioriod-controlled government is afraid of a coup d` etat. The task falls on Deunan to bring peace to the world again. In this she`s aided by her former lover, Briareos, who has lost his body in war and has become a cyborg: a brain in an artificial body.

Thoughts: A movie sequel of the first movie. Expect guns, robots, and explosions.

Nasu: Suitcase no Wataridori
Summary: This guy called Pepe goes on a tour with his bike. His first stop: his hometown.

Thoughts: This season is filled with sequels. :roll:

Clamp In Wonderland 2
Summary: A short animation featuring clips from Angelic Layer, Card Captor Sakura, X, Tsubasa Chronicle, Kobato, Gohou Drug, Clover, and Magic Knight Rayearth.

Thoughts: The only Clamp show I've ever liked was Chobits.

Soukou Kihei Votoms: Pailsen Files
Summary: Taking place Armored Trooper Votoms. This is an all new story about the end of the 100 year war.

Thoughts: Basically a sequel of a show from the 80s.

Maplestory
Summary: None but I can easily predict the plot: Main guy (warrior) goes on a journey with his love interest/childhood friend (mage) and their friends (archer and thief) to go to someplace far (Ludi, El Narth, Zipangu, etc.) while getting job upgrades to kill a boss (Balrog, Alishar, Crimson, etc.).

Thoughts: It seems this is gonna take over Gurren's time slot when it ends. But that's all the info I have.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I'll probably end up deciding what to watch the same way I always do. Watch the first episode of anything looking remotely interesting and decide from there[/img]
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Appleseed and ghosthound,Kiddy Grade, Eva, Dragonaut, and maybe gundam. are what im looking forward to! :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

ben1234 wrote:Kodomo no Jikan
Summary: Thread

Thoughts: Probably half of the channel will fap to this.
Fufufufu!

/me gets his lube ready
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

I'm probably gonna wait till someone random curiosity posts a list of releases. Typically has a summary along with screencaps, etc.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Moon Phase says Mushi Uta is getting a second season.

Return to “Animes”