Anime Spring 2010

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Anime Spring 2010

Post by ben1234 »

Heroman just rubs me the wrong way. Everything about it is just so... bad

I'm already liking B Gata. You can tell Yukarin is having fun with her character. Sure, the story sucks but it's a slutty Nanoha/Rika. What's not to like?

In other news...

Also, Japan still refuses to make something set in Canada but wouldn't mind having something in China or Hong Kong /sigh
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

ben1234 wrote:Heroman just rubs me the wrong way. Everything about it is just so... bad

I'm already liking B Gata. You can tell Yukarin is having fun with her character. Sure, the story sucks but it's a slutty Nanoha/Rika. What's not to like?

In other news...

Also, Japan still refuses to make something set in Canada but wouldn't mind having something in China or Hong Kong /sigh
B Gata was a 4 square manga, with rather mediocre drawings, so I am not surprised that they changed the art style quite largely. Some changes are made, for example, the appearance of Ero God since the start. P.S. the rest of the ERO gods are very interesting as well, perhaps more interesting than the one you have seen.

The other ERO gods:
Spoiler! :
The protagonist's ERO god, is hardly seen, since the protagonist himself is so average no1 hardly remembers him. The female protagonist's friend, has two ERO gods, one being more perverse, the other being serious, and lately, the perverse one is winning...(Two ERO gods, is she more ero than the female protagonist?) The next girl who is appearing in the next episode, shes so pure, in fact, even her ERO god is hardly ERO!! And the ERO god of the female protagonist's sister is almost exactly the same as her owner, and her ultimate charm comes when the two stack over each other!! DUAL THE CHARM!!
Lastly, from the OP you can probably see a high-class female that will come in in the late part of the story, she is another weirdo, and her ERO god... well, not much is known, except the owner is too prideful to even pay attention to her ERO god.
EDIT: Just watched Heroman epi 1, the first half is quite similar, but the later half was entirely different... I prefer the manga first chapter than this starting...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

First Impression:

B Gata H Kei: That was funnier than I expected. Is not often I’ve seen someone cute and aggressive as the main girl. Though I hate the typical, lack of assertive male character. Sigh

Ichiban ushiro no Daimaou: I don’t know if animation are getting smarter or faster but this looks better than a manga but at the same time there is something off about it. Though the battles are awesome

Heroman: well damn good animation though I understand the criticism of the 2nd half. Not as epic nor assertive from the main but I understand the decision. When is he gonna hate a evil spirit again with aliens, mad scientist and the gov’t after him?

Angel Beats: Lol Araragi nows a redhead. I would have sided with Angel instead and be a jerk to Yuri. Still again p.a. work has excellent quality and especially the endning. Though don’t you guys think Angel look someone very similar in character design? Do any of you guys agree?

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart

b0mb3r wrote:First Impression:

B Gata H Kei: That was funnier than I expected. Is not often I’ve seen someone cute and aggressive as the main girl. Though I hate the typical, lack of assertive male character. Sigh
Well, you cant blame him for his lack of assertiveness... He is just an average guy and she is the cutest girl at school...
and yes, he will be slightly more assertive from time to time, but the female protagonist will drive him nuts with her strange mentality... Cant blame him...
Spoiler! :
To her, a good man is someone who goes up to her, first thing that he says is "Lets have sex!"
b0mb3r wrote: Heroman: well damn good animation though I understand the criticism of the 2nd half. Not as epic nor assertive from the main but I understand the decision. When is he gonna hate a evil spirit again with aliens, mad scientist and the gov’t after him?
I can understand what you mean, but still, cant they freakin come up with a better idea than that!? Besides, he doesnt seem much of a hero, just think about it! They didnt bother with other drivers, just his beloved girl and her father... They didnt even check if other people are around...

Havent tried Angel beats, but is it that good?

Gonna check out Maou later, but the novel was pretty good. And of course it looks better than a manga, ITS A NOVEL!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ Angel Beats = animation quality-wise *pierces the heavens" + a very cute antagonist + despair sensei & aragagi voice MC = a pretty good pilot episode with what the crew did in the 2nd half of the episode. Though after look at some good observation there are some odd mistakes they made (looks at their hands) and sometimes the placement of where the characters are is mistaken. still go for it.

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart

Funny... Maou didn't mention one of the most important details of this story...

Firstly, the hairpiece incident, secondly, he should have known of a watcher watching over him, which is why he tot the red haired girl is the watcher... zzz
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Funny... Maou didn't mention one of the most important details of this story...

Firstly, the hairpiece incident, secondly, he should have known of a watcher watching over him, which is why he tot the red haired girl is the watcher... zzz
what are you talking about?

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart

b0mb3r wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Funny... Maou didn't mention one of the most important details of this story...

what are you talking about?
I read the novel...
Spoiler! :
When the protagonist is young, he was at the orphanage. Before he left, he used all his savings to buy a small piece of hairpiece to stop a girl from crying. Which is the one that is in the ED? And because he knew that he has a watcher that will watch his actions and all, when he was being slaughtered, seeing a new student made him think that that person is the one to watch him, and asked her for help, only to realize shes more trouble than he can ever expect, or perhaps fate? The protagonist figured that the red haired girl is the one he bought the hairpiece for by the way, but she doesnt seem to remember him(Unlike most plots). And the green haired girl is the real watcher, just for your information.
Though i think they will cover it in the second episode before the OP or something
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ oh yeah I forgot about that part on the hair-piece.

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I think Angel Beats is going to suffer from having a not-so-good director, but that's understandable when they poured so much money into the animators and writers
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ben1234 wrote:I think Angel Beats is going to suffer from having a not-so-good director, but that's understandable when they poured so much money into the animators and writers
what anime has he done that you think he did badly?

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Magikano... Ragnarok... Galaxy Angel Rune...

Let's admit it, those 3 were pretty bad

He did do a good job on Seto no Hanayome with Gonzo producers and some crappy writer though. But he did have the manga to start with

Ichiban just screams generic shounen crap...
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ben1234 wrote:Magikano... Ragnarok... Galaxy Angel Rune...

He did do a good job on Seto no Hanayome with Gonzo producers and some crappy writer though. But he did have the manga to start with

luckily i never watched any of the shows mentioned.

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart

b0mb3r wrote:
ben1234 wrote:Magikano... Ragnarok... Galaxy Angel Rune...

luckily i never watched any of the shows mentioned.
Seto no Hanayome is good, at least in my opinion, thats worth watching...

Other than that, the only title I know is Ragnarok, which, well... not the best, but watchable.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Kaichou wa Maid-sama: I can't stand watching most shoujo stuff. With that out of the way, I thought it was pretty well done but the green uniforms are just... ugh

Also, just learned the Gintama anime is on hiatus because it caught up to the manga and the producers would rather wait for new material than put up fillers (some certain shows could learn a thing or 2 from this)

Return to “Animes”