Anime Winter 2010

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Anime Winter 2010

Post by b0mb3r »

hey stupid people need love too, including me and Yoshii.

baka baka baka
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

In fulfilling the stereotype of a true lolicon, I watched Hanamaru Kindergarten. My analysis: trying too hard to be cute, so don't waste your time.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Kindergarten tries too hard to make itself look like Potemayo and fails miserably for it.

It seriously needs Guchuko or at least someone to swing a scythe around
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

b0mb3r wrote:hey stupid people need love too, including me and Yoshii.
Yoshii got so much love that everyone is jealous of him, me too!! I am stupid, but why aint i half as popular as him?? T.T
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Yoshii got so much love that everyone is jealous of him, me too!! I am stupid, but why aint i half as popular as him?? T.T
cause you in the military son. girl don't want buff guys, they want people like edward from twilight since he fulfill the bishoujo role for them.

me? i am apart of a race that is 1 billion strong but all look-a-like.

baka baka baka
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

b0mb3r wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Yoshii got so much love that everyone is jealous of him, me too!! I am stupid, but why aint i half as popular as him?? T.T
cause you in the military son. girl don't want buff guys, they want people like edward from twilight since he fulfill the bishoujo role for them.

me? i am apart of a race that is 1 billion strong but all look-a-like.
Uh, I guess Shadow needs to explain a stuff about his National Service.

... Right...

Anyway I foresee a good future for baka-test, unless some people can't stand Yoshii's super-stupidity and begin jumping the gun because of that.

... I sense people are judging series that airs every season based on how the characters are designed... I might be guilty of this in some sort of a way, but my line of thinking is more towards those who go "Ew more 'moe' characters" the instant they look at a promo poster or PV.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

strangely i didn't find the character that moe or great but the quality and the plot drives me.

baka baka baka
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I got bored reading the novel, though I can't say I got very far into it. Maybe I can watch some of the anime to spark my interest.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Honestly, I think Baka Test is the first anime to do better than its original version since... *thinks hard* Shaman King
yajra03
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by yajra03 »

i really dont know those anime, lol...

" nope, god hates us. even if we go, he'll send us back "
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

yajra03 wrote:i really dont know those anime, lol...
But learning about them doesn't hurt, so take your time into them
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
yajra03
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by yajra03 »

^

yeah your right!! thanks!!!

" nope, god hates us. even if we go, he'll send us back "
ShadowZeroHeart

Assassin wrote:
Uh, I guess Shadow needs to explain a stuff about his National Service.

... I sense people are judging series that airs every season based on how the characters are designed... I might be guilty of this in some sort of a way, but my line of thinking is more towards those who go "Ew more 'moe' characters" the instant they look at a promo poster or PV.
Fine... National service in my country are basically asking every male of legal age to participate in "voluntary" military services to make up for the lack of people taking part in them. And since i am not a citizen of the country i am currently in, they probably think i should not head to the front lines, so i became a repairman.

=X

And regarding the character design part, I dont really agree... But I believe it is because i prefer a more sensible storyline, and a more interesting one... Perhaps due to my otaku-ness, i have come across quite a number of the stories already covered, and knowing them makes me less interested in the anime adaptations. The newer stories are chuu bra(with a not-too-good story), Ladies VS Butlers(since there is nothing that good, might as well), Durarara(still dont understand the story)... I think thats all for me in fact!! And I do keep a lookout for baka, since its one of my fav novels.
ben1234 wrote:Honestly, I think Baka Test is the first anime to do better than its original version since... *thinks hard* Shaman King
Why do everyone think the anime is better? I am almost ready to start a debate for this... The novel is so much better!!

Consider the questions asked(at the end of the anime episodes, and at the start of the chapters in the novel), I cant even understand the anime questions and answers to laugh!! The anime is currently going brute force that numbers are everything!! we didnt even see Yoshii with his superb moves!! Makes him useless with that title of his, when it has its merits!! Yuji's tactics are all gone!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

can't say about the novel since i didnt read it despite you guys translating and shaman king i had a bit issue with it. mainly the art style. i don't like the way he draw his characters. Another artist i feel uncomfortable looking at his work. The only accomplishment i know from looking at his work is that at least I recognize his originality, even though i think it sucks. The only reason i tolerate it now since his latest work is written by stan lee and i want to see how well stan can do a manga. unfortunately he pulled the
Spoiler! :
future destruction card
cliche card on me

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart

b0mb3r wrote:can't say about the novel since i didnt read it despite you guys translating and shaman king i had a bit issue with it. mainly the art style. i don't like the way he draw his characters. Another artist i feel uncomfortable looking at his work. The only accomplishment i know from looking at his work is that at least I recognize his originality, even though i think it sucks. The only reason i tolerate it now since his latest work is written by stan lee and i want to see how well stan can do a manga. unfortunately he pulled the
Spoiler! :
future destruction card
cliche card on me
The art style for the anime and the novel is largely similar ^^"
And the reason for the way it is drawn is because of the genre of the story, being comedy, it would be strange to see only serious illustrations... The artist did his own manga as well, if you even care to give to a try

Rotte Omocha

i think thats the title... comedy about a guy who was hired to be part of a harem of a little demon(succubus) when the demon is only 10 and is undeveloped. Plot reveals some secrets here and there with a lot of laughs.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Animes”