Monster Tales? - Bakemonogatari

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Monster Tales? - Bakemono Monogatari

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:Aside from the visual style and reliance on still frames, it's nothing like Zetsubou-sensei.

Zetsubou-sensei is driven by gags. This is driven by dialogue and excellent characters.
The dialogue is only seemingly interesting, the scenes dont really bring out what they say in my opinion, maybe because the characters seem to be lacking emotions or so?(until the end of episode 2, the lady doesnt seem to give a care in the world)

Whether the characters are "excellent", well i would say they dont really reveal much yet, the only scenes that really stand out to me are probably
Spoiler! :
the first episode, where the girl threatens the boy, and eventually gives him a staple bullet. maybe the near the end of episode 2, where she for the first time seems more emotional?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

episode 3 was very interesting, reading the review on random curiosity force me to download this series prematurely.

very fun episode, senojohara character is becoming one of my favourite of this year.

so much flirting in this series it's ridiculous, both extremely witty and subtle types too.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

onizuka-gto wrote:episode 3 was very interesting, reading the review on random curiosity force me to download this series prematurely.

very fun episode, senojohara character is becoming one of my favourite of this year.

so much flirting in this series it's ridiculous, both extremely witty and subtle types too.
HA! your pizza bulk been shatter into 3, now we wait for the next 10 WEEKLY! muwahahaha

baka baka baka
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hmm, Bakemonogatari seems very strange and experimental... but at least its till now not really into splatter - that was what I thought that it could be at first ;) (and that wouldnt really be my thing) but as it is like now, it has some fascination... is there some prediction, what we can await later in the series? What are those japanese characters? Kanji? Have those characters some deeper meaning? Have they an educational meaning or are they just show offs to highlight some words or sentences?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Well, i personally think we still need time to see if the series is good, the 3 episodes doesnt seem to tell what we can expect in future... though personally i do not like how "nice" our dear Hitagi being so human at the end of episode 2 though... Oh well, glad she reverted to her usual self back in episode 3
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

Well 3 episodes and I'm completely converted. This'll be my favourite series of the season, and I see myself telling everyone that the 2-D girl on my handphone's my girlfriend and her name's Hitagi Senjōgahara o_O
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Monster Tales? - Bakemonogatari

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Shaft huh? I dunno if I could be able to squeeze time watching this.

Speaking of Shaft, whatever happened to all the f*cking subbers that did Maria Holic!? Especially gg, 2 more episodes and they could have finished the series, but NO! They had to drop it when there's only two f*cking episodes left.

I'm now in a dilemma of whether to wait and hope if they'll ever pick it back up, so I could archive this into a DVD-ROM and rid this from my computer hard drive; or just get it over and done with and delete the whole lot. I've already watched the whole series via Chinese subs anyway.

I don't suppose I'll ever dl anything by gg next time, absolute f@gs they are.

Sorry for going off topic, just needed to vent.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Kinny Riddle wrote:Shaft huh? I dunno if I could be able to squeeze time watching this.

Speaking of Shaft, whatever happened to all the f*cking subbers that did Maria Holic!? Especially gg, 2 more episodes and they could have finished the series, but NO! They had to drop it when there's only two f*cking episodes left.

I'm now in a dilemma of whether to wait and hope if they'll ever pick it back up, so I could archive this into a DVD-ROM and rid this from my computer hard drive; or just get it over and done with and delete the whole lot. I've already watched the whole series via Chinese subs anyway.

I don't suppose I'll ever dl anything by gg next time, absolute f@gs they are.

Sorry for going off topic, just needed to vent.
i know how you feel, i remember when they did that to two series i was watching, two last episodes took like 6 months, it was so long, i thought they would never come.
Then when they did, I nearly missed the torrent before it went dead.

bloody ridiculous. But yeah, i usually have to wait at lease for five episodes before i can say it was a good series, but to be honest, with so much space i got, i usually have to download the entire series first before i delete it.

Hell, i even download the entire series of that crap dragon-sci-fi big-boing-tits series before i gave up on the 2nd last episode and deleted the entire thing. First time i deleted an ENTIRE series before finishing to watch the last episode and/or burn it off on DVD.
I have a large tolerances when it comes to anime.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hmm, do you mean Dragonauts?

Darklor

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:Hmm, do you mean Dragonauts?

Ahh yeah, that's the one. I'm surprised you can remember the name of that god alwful series. I did an automatic mind wipe on ep24. Only good thing that came from that series was the ending song. Love it.

Still got it on my mp3 player in my car. :)

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hmm thought they werent that big

for that there exist even far worse series...
onizuka-gto wrote:
Ahh yeah, that's the one. I'm surprised you can remember the name of that god alwful series.
Ah, thats because I have this series still open in a tab and not yet finished watching it (I am still only at ep. 18 ;))

Darklor

Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Darklor wrote:Hmm, do you mean Dragonauts?
onizuka-gto wrote:Ahh yeah, that's the one. I'm surprised you can remember the name of that god alwful series. I did an automatic mind wipe on ep24. Only good thing that came from that series was the ending song. Love it.

Still got it on my mp3 player in my car. :)
God awful? Surely you want to label that series as "DragoNUT" now onizuka. :mrgreen:
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

I prefer "Boob-o-naut", myself.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

watch episode 5.
Spoiler! :
god one of the best confession i seen in a while. though many will wish more romance anime to follow this style, it kinds of make it less special. so i bit glad that this show is one of the kind. people should have more creative ways to create romantic comedy and use this as an example.

baka baka baka
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

b0mb3r wrote:watch episode 5.
Spoiler! :
god one of the best confession i seen in a while. though many will wish more romance anime to follow this style, it kinds of make it less special. so i bit glad that this show is one of the kind. people should have more creative ways to create romantic comedy and use this as an example.

Definitely. Best episode so far.

It's like they just fast forward the whole character development....no wait. I mean they just kinda made it a little bit more of a "normal" relationship, as anime relationships get....I guess.
:roll:

But yes, cool-tsundere banzai! :)

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Animes”