Clannad II

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Clannad II

Post by ainsoph9 »

I am simply shocked and appalled by such disregard for the people in real life who actually try to make ends meet. While I do not think that single fathers/mothers should be put on a pedestal, I do think that they should be recognized for the effort and hardship they have to go through on a daily basis. Regardless of whether his father made the right decision, everybody makes mistakes. I do not know many people who can easily get up with a smile on their face after being beaten down constantly in life. If someone can do that, they need the support that Tomoya's grandmother gave him. I do not understand why anyone would wish a broken down family on anyone nor do I understand the point of regretting having one. In any event, comments like the one from whatever forum that is are not helpful.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Kinny Riddle wrote: Easily the most insensitive b@stard I've ever seen. How dare he even suggest Nagisa as being cruel for giving birth to Ushio? How dare he portray a noble sacrifice in order for a new life to be born as selfish? Two simple words to this guy: F-U-C-K OFF!
Which one was that? Tell me so I can neg-rep him.
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
Kinny Riddle wrote: Easily the most insensitive b@stard I've ever seen. How dare he even suggest Nagisa as being cruel for giving birth to Ushio? How dare he portray a noble sacrifice in order for a new life to be born as selfish? Two simple words to this guy: F-U-C-K OFF!
Which one was that? Tell me so I can neg-rep him.
I forgot his name, and I don't want to remember it either. His post is somewhere in the thread, if it's not yet already buried by the amount of pwnage retort that he's received as a result of his inane remarks coming out of his arse. I flamed him for a post or two before leaving in disgust.

Disclaimer to any nosy mods from "that other forum" lurking in here: Don't you EVEN f**king dare accuse me of inciting people to neg-rep that prick. Kaisos will be doing it of his own will without any prompting or suggestion from me, and to be honest, what we do is none of your f**king business. Now piss off.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF I hit the pos-rep option by accident. Great.
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFF I hit the pos-rep option by accident. Great.
You fail Kaisos! Now where's my nuke button so I can nuke your place just by detecting your IP address?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Kinny Riddle wrote: You fail Kaisos! Now where's my nuke button so I can nuke your place just by detecting your IP address?
That kind of technology is difficult to obtain, but not impossible.

I'm 46% worried.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFF I hit the pos-rep option by accident. Great.

*facepalm*

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

on- or off-topic.. depends on who you ask 8)

ep19..
Spoiler! :
though it was certainly a treat to see fuuko again (and catch the hint of kyou's return next ep), imo something seemed amiss. 12:23 to 14:16 shows tomoya as not having any memories of meeting fuuko before. technically he couldn't have met her/cleared her route if we're talking VN-nagisa arc, but the previous season had tomoya and nagisa clear fuuko arc. so what gives? its not much of an issue with discontinuity, but i couldn't help seeing it.

to the real meat though.. this ep's a couple months early from father's day, but it was a moving scene all in all. the tomoya-naoyuki dynamic is most certainly realistic, i can think of a couple non-otaku who'd be touched nonetheless. also of import would be tomoya's witnessing sanae's tears after announcing he'd be taking ushio back. who wouldn't be attached?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

shichinanatsu wrote:though it was certainly a treat to see fuuko again (and catch the hint of kyou's return next ep), imo something seemed amiss. 12:23 to 14:16 shows tomoya as not having any memories of meeting fuuko before. technically he couldn't have met her/cleared her route if we're talking VN-nagisa arc, but the previous season had tomoya and nagisa clear fuuko arc. so what gives? its not much of an issue with discontinuity, but i couldn't help seeing it.

to the real meat though.. this ep's a couple months early from father's day, but it was a moving scene all in all. the tomoya-naoyuki dynamic is most certainly realistic, i can think of a couple non-otaku who'd be touched nonetheless. also of import would be tomoya's witnessing sanae's tears after announcing he'd be taking ushio back. who wouldn't be attached?
Don't you remember? Once Spectral-Fuuko accomplishes her task of inviting as many people to her sister's wedding, they will ALL automatically forget about her existence in the school, much like a Torch in Shakugan no Shana. So it's completely normal that Tomoya doesn't remember about Fuuko in the anime. That said, though his mind has forgotten about Fuuko, his body still remembers that he's the Fuuko Master as he proceeds to toy with her.

In the VN version, Tomoya never met Fuuko, or at least doesn't meet her enough to get involved with her task, so it's not surprising that he doesn't remember who she is. And here Kouko-san remains single and doesn't marry Yoshino, instead, it's after Fuuko wakes up that Kouko-san declares she's finally marrying Yoshino.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

ep20..
Spoiler! :
well, it was nice to see some good old cheesy happiness.. even though it ended all too soon. and it was just before the parent-teacher athletic meet that ushio fell sick. guess its another downhill from here on out, to the very end that is.
*follow up*

ep21..
Spoiler! :
and so we come to ushio's death. i'm lost, the preview seems to indicate that tomoya would have to do it all over again, but i've been noticing the episode stills, and all the lights are in place. i really feel i'm missing something..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Episode 21

Again, we're having sh!tloads of immature brats complaining how it's all going downhill now with
Spoiler! :
Ushio gone.
It's pointless telling them to "grow up" because they're incapable of doing just that.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Kinny Riddle wrote:Episode 21

Again, we're having sh!tloads of immature brats complaining how it's all going downhill now with
Spoiler! :
Ushio gone.
It's pointless telling them to "grow up" because they're incapable of doing just that.
... For some reason I wanted to see the posts made there for some lulz. :roll:
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Assassin wrote:
Kinny Riddle wrote:Episode 21

Spoiler! :
Ushio gone.
... For some reason I wanted to see the posts made there for some lulz. :roll:
Haha, feel free to report any hilariously retarded posts you see so we can all ridicule him here, spare no mercy and reveal his name as well. :twisted: For me, I'm through with them.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

ep22..
Spoiler! :
its the finale.. and one thing about it has me really wondering.. tomoya and nagisa aren't supposed to remember anything after every 'restart' right? or does that change when all the lights are in place? i haven't gone that far into the game, so blame my ignorance if you will.

btw, people to watch out for in that ep: nurse ryou, kotomi on a road trip along what looks to be the interstate highway system, all-grownup mei, and of course, tomoyo.

i hope there's 2 more eps, but there's already one slated for nxt week; tomoya in his 2nd year, meaning nagisa's first time as a 3rd year. methinks this would be kyou-related, but of course i could be mistaken.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

shichinanatsu wrote:ep22..
Spoiler! :
its the finale.. and one thing about it has me really wondering.. tomoya and nagisa aren't supposed to remember anything after every 'restart' right? or does that change when all the lights are in place? i haven't gone that far into the game, so blame my ignorance if you will.

btw, people to watch out for in that ep: nurse ryou, kotomi on a road trip along what looks to be the interstate highway system, all-grownup mei, and of course, tomoyo.

i hope there's 2 more eps, but there's already one slated for nxt week; tomoya in his 2nd year, meaning nagisa's first time as a 3rd year. methinks this would be kyou-related, but of course i could be mistaken.
That's going a flashback episode before Nagisa met Tomoya. And it's in Nagisa's POV.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.

Return to “Animes”