Higurashi No NAku Koro Ni (Kai)

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Re: Higurashi No NAku Koro Ni (Kai)

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

(On topic again)

Still rewatching Higurashi... god, the first and second arcs are the best out of the entire show, probably because you still have no clue what's going on.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don't know, I like the arc where Shion goes nuts the best. She goes f'ing crazy in the coolest way.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:I don't know, I like the arc where Shion goes nuts the best. She goes f'ing crazy in the coolest way.
I love that one too, but what I love most in the whole series is the ending of the second arc.

Beautifully and horrifically done... and then Why/Why not? kicks in.

Best ending theme ever. Sort of a way of calming you down after the heart-pounding horror and awesome.

This is why Kai is inferior.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Ugh, I hated the first ending. The Engrish was so terrible I couldn't even enjoy it. Kai's ending is much better.

Plus, Kai is superior for both having Hanyuu and inspiring this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50GUx5Vb ... re=related
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:Ugh, I hated the first ending. The Engrish was so terrible I couldn't even enjoy it. Kai's ending is much better.
I actually like the lyrics, because I can actually understand them... >_>

And that aura of calming creepiness... perfect ending for that show.
AuraTwilight wrote: Plus, Kai is superior for both having Hanyuu and inspiring this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50GUx5Vb ... re=related
Hanyuu and the OP are awesome, but the plot sucked when it became all "lol power of friendship". Not that that's normally a bad thing, but when you keep hearing it OVER AND OVER AND OVER...

Yeah. I don't like Kai as much. Not enough creepy.

(And yes, I realize it's based entirely off of a sound novel which had almost the same plot. Doesn't mean I have to like it.)
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, to be fair, you can't answer the questions and have the creepiness at the same time, as most of the creepiness that was so wonderful was the fact that you were confused off your ass.

And the Power of Friendship thing was heavily hinted at from the second arc onwards.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Agreed, knowledge is power, so logically they become less and less like weak wimps (both physically and mentally), mature, and eventually overcome the problem.
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

While on the subject of Kai, can someone explain to me who exactly is that woman with the long blue hair in the last episode, Frederica I believe she is called? What's her purpose in the story?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Hiiragi Kagami1 wrote:While on the subject of Kai, can someone explain to me who exactly is that woman with the long blue hair in the last episode, Frederica I believe she is called? What's her purpose in the story?
Wikipedia is your friend.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

She's the collective consciousness of every Rika from every world. It's not that Rika's soul is going across the worlds, but that the memories are downloaded into Fredericka, and then she shares memories with the Rika of the next world. Furthermore, as Hanyuu loses her power with every world shift, they flow into Fredericka, allowing her to create a new world where Takano never lost her parents and eventually go batsh*t insane.
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

Thanks kindly. :D
Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Setherzam »

you know, I just realized. In that episode where Shion goes insane; when Rika attacks Shion, Rika was using one of those Hinamizawa Syndrome suppressing drugs right? Then why does she loose her strength when Shion used it on her
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Because she just got injected with a drug! You don't think that crap doesn't have exhausting side effects?
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

For those of us who like/love Higurashi, here is something big that is related:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -announced
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I wish that the third season OVA's focused on what happens after Kai, rather than just giving us some random bonus arcs. That's not really satisfactory for me because, from what I've seen, they aren't even going to be creepy.

Return to “Animes”