Detroit Metal City

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Detroit Metal City

Post by fiendmaw »

I just had to make a thread with this.The laughs from this anime are more than enough considering the abnormal screening time of the episodes(around 13 minutes).The humor is kind of blunt but it's nice.
Synopsis from anidb.net:
Souichi Negishi is a shy young man who came from the rural Ota Prefecture to Tokyo for college and wished to become a kindergarten teacher. However, for some reason he became the singer and songwriter of a metal band named "Detroit Metal City," with a stage name "Johannes Krauser II." Whenever he wears the heavy makeup, Negishi becomes a completely different person, shouting the most vulgar profanities beyond anyone's imagination. With the popularity of DMC increases, Negishi starts worrying his double personalities can have negative effects on his (romantic) life off stage.
Though it may go to far for some of you,it's a really nice watch.

/me goes to found his own death metal band
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Detroit Metal City

Post by ainsoph9 »

I like the anime. It is a bit messed up though, and this is coming from a metal fan. I do have a couple of bones to pick with the anime though. For one, people who watch this series who do not know anything about metal will assume that it is all black metal (i.e., it is all about demonic forces, etc.). The other thing is that I have my serious doubts that anyone who is like he is will be any good at metal. Generally, you have to like it at at least one point or another to play it well. So, I have my doubts about that. I do like the theme song outside of the lyrics. It kind of reminds me of a combination of a Japanese Slipknot and Meshuggah. Overall, it is a good series so far.
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

I found DMC to be hilarious. Too bad it's not getting more love from the fans. Makes sense though, too much crude humor.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

when i watch this it makes me depressed. okay not depressed i just feel very sorry for the guy. he just wants to play some nice music that his mom would like, not these crazy pesticide lyrics

baka baka baka
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

DMC 06...wow,I've been on the floor for the whole episode.I couldn't stop laughing.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Tokyo Tower :D
/me claws out throat and dies
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

this is a must for every metal fan. hell I'm in a metal club (though unofficially like batman to JLA)

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

It is an interesting series to say the least. I think that the music is decent, but I have heard better metal in other series.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ainsoph9 wrote:It is an interesting series to say the least. I think that the music is decent, but I have heard better metal in other series.
can u give me some for the sake of the metal band?

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Although this technically does not count, some of the music for Touhou is incredible. Also, I must admit that the whole K-On! Death Devil bit was good. X-Japan is just classic as well. The OSTs for Kurokami, Fairy Tail, and Needless are awesome. High and Mighty Color is good. Too bad that they are breaking up. Galneryus and Maximum the Hormone are in there, too.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

funny how one of my homework is to write the saddest song and none come close to the insanity that DMC does.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Just use some metal or old ballads for reference, and you will have a sad song. :P
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ what would u recommend?

baka baka baka

Return to “Animes”