To Aru Majutsu no Index II

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

To Aru Majutsu no Index II

Post by b0mb3r »

I must admit I am a bit disappointed by this series. Is funny I am a long time fan of baka-tsuki but never bother to read the Index series that is currently popular at the moment. I was like "anime is here, might as well watch that first and maybe novel later." I felt like the 1st two season again is just a one huge set up that I spend my last two years watching. I am still waiting for the big picture in a long retrospect way.

Maybe I find that there are too many exposures, alot of talking and terminology, and Touma finds himself protected under the Shonen magic with his morality argument with the antagonists and later falcon punch them. I see at the moment just a cycle. Sigh the only two good things are the characters and production quality. Is fun watching it but the meaning behind those actions seems unconvincing.

I felt you got great characters, where and how well you execute those directions to me what makes a great series towards others. I want to see some character growth from Touma and the plot to be protrayed better. Maybe is time to read the novels and see how well it was adapted. peace.

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: To Aru Majutsu no Index II

Post by ben1234 »

Biri Biri is awesome in the Index series but not as awesome in Railgun

Touma is awesome in Railgun but becomes almost an absolute idiot in Index

It's like these 2 aren't fit to be main characters

And the OP/ED for Index 2 were really really bad. I expected better from Kawada Mami =/
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, I have anyhow somewhere where the author wants a Touma x Index pairing anyhow, so we shall see. Frankly, somehow that seems like a man marrying a waste disposal unit with a picture of a nun drawn on it. All it does is eat your food and then tears off your hand if you do something wrong.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

This troupe I am sort of sick of. Index has a great array of characters and better characters for pairing up. Instead we got the 1st girl = only girl he'll like thing. I find the Index x Touma pairing the worst. He can find anyone but her. Then again I don't really like Touma so maybe he deserve a girl like Index. Point being I find Touma is simply a foil for everyone. He brings out the best and worst of the characters around him by his actions (falcon punch) and his words (too many of his righteous moral speech). I only wish he was something more or something besides his imagine breaker. Then again I will simply hope season 3 can prove me wrong.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Agreed. Personally, I am partial to the Touma x Misaka Mikoto pairing. However, I would feel bad for any girl who would have to put up with a boyfriend who goes around looking for trouble. Seriously, I do not know how he has won all of the fights he has. He should have been cold chops off of Kanzaki's katana way back. It is like a white belt making a 9-dan black belt look like a clown.

Hopefully, season 3 will not be years off.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

The only characters in mind whose pairing I wholly support and works this recent few years are the mains from bakemonogatari. While other couples I do support I find them to be unnatural and forced compared to bake.

baka baka baka

Return to “Animes”