What you do on B-T

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

MineRiko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hidan no Aria

What you do on B-T

Post by MineRiko »

So, the title explains it. What in the world do you do on B-T?

Personally, I translate and chat. End of story.

Never had the time to read many LNs though.
Wiki Account: Nii-sama
Kanamechan Translations, Chinjufu Scanlations, Chinjufu Channel
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: What you do on B-T

Post by Nurin »

Same here, but I also read some novels. :mrgreen:
Call me Nurin!

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

I chat, edit and read Light Novels.
Ikzer
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ikzer »

I read novels and translate. And wander around the forum, but don't posting too much :P
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Translate, edit, man the Facebook pages, settle quarrels, negotiate over lawsuits, plan new projects, ban people, delete spam accounts, worry over lack of translators, editors, argue against people for not chipping in support, get cardiac arrest...all in a day's work. May my soul rest in Magdala.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Teh_ping wrote:Translate, edit, man the Facebook pages, settle quarrels, negotiate over lawsuits, plan new projects, ban people, delete spam accounts, worry over lack of translators, editors, argue against people for not chipping in support, get cardiac arrest...all in a day's work
Ping Help me learning japanese and I can Become like you, yeah I also worry about the lack of translators here sniff :cry: :cry:

I'm still studying japanese while I do my translations with the help of an OCR system, and it's very anoying and take too much time buaaaa :cry:

Jokes apart, I think if you take this too long you would die soon, take it easy man... :P :roll:
Call me Nurin!

KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Teh_ping wrote:Translate, edit, man the Facebook pages, settle quarrels, negotiate over lawsuits, plan new projects, ban people, delete spam accounts, worry over lack of translators, editors, argue against people for not chipping in support, get cardiac arrest...all in a day's work. May my soul rest in Magdala.
Watching ping do all that =D
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Too much BT-related and unrelated to list or translate them.

Such as being a Public Relations Spokesperson, a HR Manager, a translator, an editor, a supervisor...
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
MineRiko
Project Translator

Post by MineRiko »

If I'm going to become Ping's successor, it will be next year. My school will cover Japanese; after all it is a prestigious high school.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

I'm not bearing to become anyone sucessor, if it happens then it's more like okay, but I would like to build my image with my own strenght without using other greath people's name as support. Am I an LN/Manga/Anime protagonist? this phrase was so cliché... :o
Call me Nurin!

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I occasionally post something "important," but it has mostly degraded into spam, much to my chagrin.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

KuroiHikari wrote:
Teh_ping wrote:Translate, edit, man the Facebook pages, settle quarrels, negotiate over lawsuits, plan new projects, ban people, delete spam accounts, worry over lack of translators, editors, argue against people for not chipping in support, get cardiac arrest...all in a day's work. May my soul rest in Magdala.
Watching ping do all that =D
Lashing out at people like KH for just eating popcorn.
Nura rihan wrote:Ping Help me learning japanese and I can Become like you, yeah I also worry about the lack of translators here sniff :cry: :cry:

I'm still studying japanese while I do my translations with the help of an OCR system, and it's very anoying and take too much time buaaaa :cry:

Jokes apart, I think if you take this too long you would die soon, take it easy man... :P :roll:
Includes giving advice on what to study for Japanese, even though I took a cheat code. (Work on your basic grammar before you proceed any further)
Misogi wrote:Too much BT-related and unrelated to list or translate them.

Such as being a Public Relations Spokesperson, a HR Manager, a translator, an editor, a supervisor...
But you don't translate on the phone, right? :oops:
MineRiko wrote:If I'm going to become Ping's successor, it will be next year. My school will cover Japanese; after all it is a prestigious high school.
Want to join my fan TL group? And btw, you do not want to take up my position...
ainsoph9 wrote:I occasionally post something "important," but it has mostly degraded into spam, much to my chagrin.
That's the way BT has evolved, I guess.
MineRiko
Project Translator

Post by MineRiko »

I agree with all. Let's see...

Nura rihan wrote:
Ping Help me learning japanese and I can Become like you, yeah I also worry about the lack of translators here sniff

I'm still studying japanese while I do my translations with the help of an OCR system, and it's very anoying and take too much time buaaaa

Jokes apart, I think if you take this too long you would die soon, take it easy man...

- The real thing -

Ping, help me learn Japanese so that I can become like you. I also worry about the lack of translators here *sniff*

I'm still studying Japanese while I do my translations with the help of an OCR system. It's very annoying and takes too much time.

Jokes aside, I think that if you take this too long, you would die soon, so take it easy man.
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

Approving posts at times, ranting about school/TLing, EtR TLing, and lurking all the way. Sometimes look at groups I'm in and find that I was somehow accepted in a new group without applying... nevermind.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Teh_ping wrote:Lashing out at people like KH for just eating popcorn.
Well, I'm not good enough to be TLing without a good e-jdict with me, so I do what can with TLing bit by bit. (But I'm just lazy during my free time and playing games and such.)

PS:I've been helping with the FB group, but things always quiet down when I appear =)

Return to “Commune”