Any recommended Seedboxes?

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Any recommended Seedboxes?

Post by Kinny Riddle »

If you don't know what a Seedbox is, go google it. Otherwise, this topic is obviously not for you.

Anyway, I'll be off to Japan soon to begin my studies. But old habits die hard, and I intend to continue my anime torrent leeching if I can't have access to a TV. Besides, my Japanese isn't yet 100% fluent for me to understand everything. :D

Still, living in a dorm means they probably monitor my downloading/uploading activity more vigilantly. Last thing I want is to receive a lawsuit letter or something like that, which is why I'm considering subscribing to a dedicated seedbox server, like a VPN, which hides my leeching activities and those b@stards would be none the wiser. :twisted:

So, anyone here know any good Seedboxes which are great value for money? Priority considered for those that accept PayPal.
Doraneko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Any recommended Seedboxes?

Post by Doraneko »

Are you going to live in Tokyo/Osaka? If yes, why not just get a TV tuner card for your PC?

You can even set your software recorder to capture the Japanese subtitles as well, which is particularly helpful for learners working on their listening skills. Frankly, your Japanese listening skills won't have much improvement if you stick to watching English-subbed anime, as you will end up comprehending the episodes in English instead of Japanese.

English Fansubs are globally available, but in many cases Japanese-subbed anime are rare outside Japan unless you have a helpful Japanese friend. If you are going to stay in Japan for the purpose of learning Japanese, you may as well try to make the best out of your stay by forcing yourself to use the language all the time.
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Doraneko wrote:Are you going to live in Tokyo/Osaka? If yes, why not just get a TV tuner card for your PC?

You can even set your software recorder to capture the Japanese subtitles as well, which is particularly helpful for learners working on their listening skills. Frankly, your Japanese listening skills won't have much improvement if you stick to watching English-subbed anime, as you will end up comprehending the episodes in English instead of Japanese.

English Fansubs are globally available, but in many cases Japanese-subbed anime are rare outside Japan unless you have a helpful Japanese friend. If you are going to stay in Japan for the purpose of learning Japanese, you may as well try to make the best out of your stay by forcing yourself to use the language all the time.
Tokyo I will go.

I am of course going to eventually evolve into just watching without any subs.

though I'd still need a good source to archive so that I may share with anyone whom I intend to convert who is not yet fluent in the language.

Besides, .mkv soft-sub files nowadays allow me to toggle the subs OFF, thus simulating the same sub-less experience TV watchers in Japan have. Already I am trying to watch some recent series with the subs off, only rewinding to turn them back on if I don't understand something.

But still, I shall consider your suggestion of getting a TV tuner. So long as I don't get caught for evading TV license fees (to keep the public-owned NHK sustained). :mrgreen:

Any good brands you recommend that goes well with a laptop? I presume they all come with a recording function as well, right?

And since no-one's provided any suggestions for seedboxes, I've gone and done some research myself, and found this to be quite a good deal, in case anyone hear is interested in evading invasive ISP throttling or surveillance.
http://seedhost.eu/
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Doraneko wrote:Are you going to live in Tokyo/Osaka? If yes, why not just get a TV tuner card for your PC?

Whut...there's Jap-subbed anime? Where?

I can tell you it'll make raw watching infinitely easier for me...

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!

Return to “Commune”