Debates

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Debates

Post by Mystes »

Everyone, you have been warned that this could turn into a very hot debate, and that you should not let any of the content here have a repercussion in the BT Community. Also, please stay cool and wise.

ainsoph9 wrote:Back on topic, Haruhi is not dead, given the release of the new book and all. :wink:
The opposite of Jesus.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Haruhi is dead.

Post by ainsoph9 »

Be careful there...you might offend someone who is truly hardcore... :|
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ainsoph9 wrote:Be careful there...you might offend someone who is truly hardcore... :|
Deleted the half part of the message.

Though seriously, I actually wonder how they guess the arrival on Earth by Jesus.
Kira0802

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Also, about the Israel thing, I just want to point things out, ainsoph; please don't get mad or whatsoever.

I'll first say that I went to a rather pro-Palestine school, and that Jews...well, there weren't a lot there.

Also, some weeks ago, I know that many people boycotted a jewish store in a 1km radius from there, and that in Quebec, there's a popular Iran-native deputee; you don't have to search too far for him, just google it and you'll find him.

Before I want to open a debate, I'd say that we need to find some third-party informations; ainsoph, just by looking at your links, I highly doubt that they were neutral ones. :wink:

So, I think that concerning that, I would like to see more sources, please. That's all for now.

EDIT: Also, TGM, can you move all the Israel-concerning posts to the Commune, please?
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

kira0802 wrote:
ainsoph9 wrote:Be careful there...you might offend someone who is truly hardcore... :|
Deleted the half part of the message.

Though seriously, I actually wonder how they guess the arrival on Earth by Jesus.
Could you please explain that last part? I am afraid that I am not following you...
kira0802 wrote:Also, about the Israel thing, I just want to point things out, ainsoph; please don't get mad or whatsoever.

I'll first say that I went to a rather pro-Palestine school, and that Jews...well, there weren't a lot there.

Also, some weeks ago, I know that many people boycotted a jewish store in a 1km radius from there, and that in Quebec, there's a popular Iran-native deputee; you don't have to search too far for him, just google it and you'll find him.

Before I want to open a debate, I'd say that we need to find some third-party informations; ainsoph, just by looking at your links, I highly doubt that they were neutral ones. :wink:

So, I think that concerning that, I would like to see more sources, please. That's all for now.

EDIT: Also, TGM, can you move all the Israel-concerning posts to the Commune, please?
I am not mad. I am just crazy. :P

Seriously though, it is becoming more common for schools and students in them to take a pro-Palestinian approach. So, you are not alone there. Whether I agree with it or not is another story.

Concerning "neutral," when it comes to these kinds of things, it is almost impossible to find something "neutral."

Please remind me of the sources I used. I cannot remember.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

You want these posts to be their own thread, or into the 'Such is life...' thread?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Debates

Post by Mystes »

Here it is, TGM. Just dump the damn Israel thing here.
Kira0802

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Re: Debates

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Done. I know I don't need you ladies and gents to keep it civil, but I'll be keeping my eye on this thread to make sure it doesn't get out of hand anyways.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Are you doubting me? 8)
Kira0802

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ well girls are looked down upon on many religions.

baka baka baka
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

b0mb3r wrote:^ well girls are looked down upon on many religions.
What's the connection?
Kira0802

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

kira0802 wrote:
b0mb3r wrote:^ well girls are looked down upon on many religions.
What's the connection?
you're a girl duh

baka baka baka
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

b0mb3r wrote:you're a girl duh
...I need someone to break that illusion of yours.
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

b0mb3r is just projecting himself onto you kira. You know, he has always wanted to be a girl and all. :roll:

Back on topic, kira, could you please give me those sources because obviously I was not finding them again, strangely enough. :)

Also, frankly, I do not really care if the sources anyone here uses are considered "bias" at all. Frankly, this topic is a moot point if we define bias as having any slant whatsoever. If the source is biased, then I say that we just call each other on it in a respectful manner without any flaming, name calling, etc. At the same time, it would probably be healthy no to get...ahem...sidetracked into debating the sources alone. So, if we debate Israel or whatever, we should just keep cool and enjoy the ride. 8) Sound good? :)
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ainsoph9 wrote:b0mb3r is just projecting himself onto you kira. You know, he has always wanted to be a girl and all. :roll:

Back on topic, kira, could you please give me those sources because obviously I was not finding them again, strangely enough. :)

Also, frankly, I do not really care if the sources anyone here uses are considered "bias" at all. Frankly, this topic is a moot point if we define bias as having any slant whatsoever. If the source is biased, then I say that we just call each other on it in a respectful manner without any flaming, name calling, etc. At the same time, it would probably be healthy no to get...ahem...sidetracked into debating the sources alone. So, if we debate Israel or whatever, we should just keep cool and enjoy the ride. 8) Sound good? :)
Yeah it sounds good...but hey... "projecting into me"?....I'm not a girl!
Kira0802

Return to “Commune”