A promotional video?

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

A promotional video?

Post by Mystes »

Due to the lack of translators/editors on the website, I just thought about doing a video to attract people who don't know what's Baka-tsuki. And the best way is YouTube. Thus, I ask for your opinions. Lately, though there are translators/editors joining, I feel that some people don't have there still aren't a lot , and, considering the time needed to translate, there's no doubt that translators would be welcomed.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: A promotional video?

Post by rpapo »

I've gotten the impression that B-T is somewhat publicity shy, given the nature of our business: working on the edges of what is legal in the world of copyright law. We've had this discussion before.

For any lurking lawyers: In this case, "business" meaning only "work" or "project", since last I checked, none of us get one red cent from this, just the personal satisfaction of a job well done (or at least we hope it's well done).
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

baka-tsuki is already well known across established anime/manga forums. moreover manga-updates are always updating our published (completed) chapters within a few days lag. it's not a matter of fame, it's just that few people want to translate light novels because of the sheer amount of work, causing an ironic form of vicious cycle. others form their dedicated groups outside of B-T though those who manage to sustain or even complete a series are rare (if there are any). if the problem is merely with B-T lacking translators, it'd mean that there are many LN translators outside of B-T, which is not the case.
rpapo

Post by rpapo »

For most people, light novels are a lot more work and a lot less fun. Hardly any pictures. Even on B-T, we've had a lot of people jump in with a burst of enthusiasm only to find out in very short order just how much work it is.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

rpapo wrote:For most people, light novels are a lot more work and a lot less fun. Hardly any pictures. Even on B-T, we've had a lot of people jump in with a burst of enthusiasm only to find out in very short order just how much work it is.
Especially a certain Shakugan no Shana.
Kira0802

EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

I agree that it's not really necessary. LNs are just too much of a niche - even more than VNs. :O
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Can someone explain what's the start on the icon when I click the post? I mean the one on the text scrolling, be it red or blue.
Kira0802

rpapo

Post by rpapo »

A niche outside of Japan, that is. Though there's a Japanese store about 20 miles from my house (http://www.mirai-usa.com) that has tons of the small books (tankōbon). Just not the ones I care about...
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

nah, niche in the West and Oceania maybe. many titles are licensed in Taiwan and S.Korea, and fan-translated in China.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

larethian wrote:... and fan-translated in China.
It's very, very fast. Their translations are often made by 5 people per volume, so very popular volumes get translated in less than a month.
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

kira0802 wrote:
larethian wrote:... and fan-translated in China.
It's very, very fast. Their translations are often made by 5 people per volume, so very popular volumes get translated in less than a month.
Just like they did with Harry Pothead overnight. :lol:

Return to “Commune”