Japanese bakatsuki like group

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

lordsilent
Astral Realm

Japanese bakatsuki like group

Post by lordsilent »

Would anyone happen to know of any japanese bakatsuki like groups that translate english books and things like that?

Thanks
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Japanese bakatsuki like group

Post by Darklor »

Dont think that Japanese have problems to get popular work licensed there, or do they have?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:Dont think that Japanese have problems to get popular work licensed there, or do they have?

no problem at all.

They regularly get foreign well known books translated into Japanese, it's a well establish business ever since the rive to modernisation sent them to study all things foreign.

However this doesn't work the other way round....unless it has some outstanding inquiries from overseas...or it's a videogame or film.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Setherzam »

lies, I've been waiting years for 7th dragon to come over to english countries. The way I see it, western game developers and publishers don't like Japanese games at all and unless if it is a japanese company with an western branch like Atlus USA, Nintendo of America, etc etc you're never going to see anything at all.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Yeah, but we were talking about popular "English" work to get a Japanese translation...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Maybe they could try Starcraft II. :lol:

For some reason, the game was released worldwide back in July, except Japan. So translators can have a headstart before it gets licensed there. 8)
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Wait, except Japan? Are you sure it's the only country it wasn't released. If we try hard maybe we can find another. Maybe one like Djbouti.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

chrnno wrote:Wait, except Japan? Are you sure it's the only country it wasn't released. If we try hard maybe we can find another. Maybe one like Djbouti.
Pretty sure, I was surfing through some of the Japanese blogs and there was this blogger moaning about why Blizzard always favour them darn Koreans, meaning they always lag behind Korea when it comes to game releases. lol (You should realize by now that these two countries hate each other's guts, a bit like the French-German thing, though not as venomous as the Chinese-Japanese one. )
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

every asian country hates the other asian countries. China and Japan, China and Taiwan, China and N/S Korea, and reverse and everyone else. It's because each country sees itself as the best "asian" country and that each are foreign devils etc etc
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Hum... Not sure about the rest but Taiwan dislikes China because they lost and were forced to flee to that island... So it predates even the formation of countries.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

well, China and Taiwan is the whole revolution vs corrupt government thing
China vs Japan is both WWII and the myth that Japan was a colony of chinese people fleeing the emperor
China vs Korea(s) is several wars in the past between the two countries and China turning Korea into puppet states a lot of the time
Japan vs everyone is when Japan took over a lot of countries back in WWII and then being bitter about loosing them
Korea and Taiwan is because... fashion? economics? I don't know.
North and South Korea should be obvious, actually North Korea hates the rest of the world.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

China and Japan is not WWII, they fought several wars in the 20th century before the WWII and the conflict that was ongoing during WWII started years before it. As for the myth that may very well be true... If you look at it from the right angle. :wink:

As for the rest... Frankly I the only things I know of Asian history is what I learned by itself, that means not much and mainly recent. Before the 20th century it's pretty much a blank page with a few words here and there...
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

actually China and Korea were at each other's throats and various other nations for a long time before the 20th century, They like to pick old wounds
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

I know I was just saying it wasn't the only one in recent history... Also if they keep doing it then it's like not picking old wounds more like keeping wounds fresh.
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Let's get back on topic lest this becomes a history thread.

(Though admittedly discussion has so far been civil compared to most other forums out there. *Cough*Like 4chan*Cough* )

Return to “Commune”