Google Wave

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Google Wave

Post by Umiman »

Heya,

Does anyone have any invites to Google Wave?
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Re: Google Wave

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

The poke?
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

I do,want one?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Umiman wrote:Heya,

Does anyone have any invites to Google Wave?
funny, enough, I got an invite from google, haven't tried it yet. but thanks for the reminder, i'll give t a go and get back to you.

if its any good, might be a great thing to use to augment translation effort! :D

P.S: just opened it, only got 8 invites to give out, i'm willing to throw out four to anyone who p.m. me for it. so knock yourself out. :roll:

*goes to bed*
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

what is it exactly. brainstorming doesn't seem to cut it

baka baka baka
kerrichan
Astral Realm

Post by kerrichan »

It's basically a more powerful google document that's also a bit like chat. You can see your friends typing letter for letter without waiting for them to press the enter button, and you can comment on what they type as well. Other functions include group photo albums and interactive games. :) It might be useful for editors to comment on what translators have translated, or translators who are working on a novel together? :)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Basicially, google wave is an attempt to modernise email, redefine it for the new era. In all purposes its a cloud hosted real-time chat that has editing & revision change highlight functions. Its like a google chat window with wiki like functions. People you add an edit anything. Add anything to it and everyone joined to it will be able to see the changes and contribute, its always hosted so like email you can always leave it and return. Its kinda funky.all I know is that advantages over irc is that its all browser based (obviously) and infinity better then the java based irc client. But its never going to be as accessable as varity of sources that irc provides. But on the other hand its not exactly meant to compete with irc or other real-time chat programs....yet.

Well to honest have to test it first, but bit hard without someone to test it with, no one on my contact has it yet...anyone here one to give it a go?
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

kerrichan wrote:It's basically a more powerful google document that's also a bit like chat. You can see your friends typing letter for letter without waiting for them to press the enter button, and you can comment on what they type as well. Other functions include group photo albums and interactive games. :) It might be useful for editors to comment on what translators have translated, or translators who are working on a novel together? :)
Dammn! Got beaten to it! >_<

*shake fist from his mobile phone*

@Onizukademongto
kerrichan
Astral Realm

Post by kerrichan »

onizuka-gto wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you using it already? :)
joay_b
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by joay_b »

So it's more of a fancier version of online collaboration programs many programmers are familiar with?
まず隗より始めよ。
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

The fact that I can't use Opera for it is a real downside for me.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

o_O. i feel like is sort of cheating and helping at the same time. if i actually type my homework on here (for editing thing) you guys will get a headache. my history teacher in college said my writing is so "atrocious" that he badly wants to fail me in class but i barely survived.

baka baka baka
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

b0mb3r wrote:o_O. i feel like is sort of cheating and helping at the same time. if i actually type my homework on here (for editing thing) you guys will get a headache. my history teacher in college said my writing is so "atrocious" that he badly wants to fail me in class but i barely survived.
Sounds like a cheerful guy...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

kerrichan wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you using it already? :)
I would....if there was anyone with it to join in.

I mean I only get a pitiful eight invites...I mean it's not something I can throw about, can I?

If i had more ,I'll throw 'em out to all the editos/translators just to see what chaos they can cause and see how well this program handle a REAL collaboration outfit. :lol: :roll:
joay_b wrote:So it's more of a fancier version of online collaboration programs many programmers are familiar with?
That's difficult to answer, I personally have only used engineering/CAD collaboration tools outside of wiki. But the experience of the google wave is like a real-time wiki format.

The only downside is that there is yet a app to be used on the Android mobile OS system, I suspect it'll appear in the future, but it's something promising considering Wiki can be a big buggy on chrome mobile browser..

As for opera, why the feck you using it Rectifier? :roll:

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Commune”