Do you still regularly use the phone?

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Do you still regularly use the phone?

Post by Misogi »

Kira0802 wrote:Should return that question to Misogi, since I never use text messages. :(
Eh, I don't send a lot of text messages (less than half of the 60 I can send per month).
80% of them are weird messages (like using numbers instead of letters) for my sister.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

1337 for your sister via text? Interesting...
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Much like messages like "439, 34475268, 7867 7363464 273379 63772437."

I never use 1 for a good reason: there are no letters with this number on my phone.
Last edited by Misogi on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Uh, Misogi you are making me feel out of touch here...
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Just translate the message by guessing the letter given by each number. 2 could be a, b or c...

It's dumb, but since my sister sends creepy messages, that's my kind of answer.
----
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I had to use an online translator to get it, but it is basically the last line in your last post.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

What was the message, BTW? "Hey, eggplant, stop sending creepy messages." is the answer.

Back to the topic, who uses Internet on his phone, for what uses, and what connection do you use (Wifi/3G/...)?
----
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I cannot remember verbatim, but it was something like, "Stop sending me crazy messages."

I used to use my phone for the internet until I ran into some problems with the phone company.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

What's the website you used? I never thought a "number-letter" would exist.

Personally, I use my wifi home connection for my father's smartphone. It's free with his subscription, and there's no way he'd use more than the 3Gb he has per month, by only checking the trains' arrivals for his work.
----
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Goddamn, Ainsoph. How on earth do you manage to decrypt that code. Though the last one was easy, it is damn hard for a dude who doesn't have sibling/doesn't send messages to figure that SMS code.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Actually, most likely it would be "Gwd, eggplant, stop sending creepy messages."

Gwd meaning "God" in place of "Gawd".

Also, websites for this are for cheaters.
Spoiler! :
...and I always have my phone on my 3G, as I have unlimited, but use about 12MB a month.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

hobogunner wrote:Actually, most likely it would be "Gwd, eggplant, stop sending creepy messages."

Gwd meaning "God" in place of "Gawd".

Also, websites for this are for cheaters.
Spoiler! :
...and I always have my phone on my 3G, as I have unlimited, but use about 12MB a month.
... Crap, I made a little typo. Correcting it in the 1st word.
----
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Misogi wrote:Back to the topic, who uses Internet on his phone, for what uses, and what connection do you use (Wifi/3G/...)?
I was using my phone for gps navigation for my family's trip to Alberta.

The actual gps navigation device we had wouldn't work correctly unless we had an exact address, which we didn't always have. And it was much easier to find tourist information when we had the Internet

Obviously, I used 3G (LTE costs an extra over here and that's not true 4G anyway) and I only used hotel wifi :evil: to download offline maps into Google Map, which took forever because, ugh, hotel wifi and Google Maps has a limit 10 offline maps which couldn't cover the entire trip
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

What phone? The house phone?

My house phone is more commonly used for official businesses and to keep the home's internet line (we're running on ADSL lines).

If it's my handphone, I'm using a Nokia N900. Actually, the only reason I considered it is because of this. I'm formerly using a common postpaid line, but later subscribed to monthly mobile broadband. I do use Wifi from time to time, and I prefer using that because while on 3G... let's just say I'm carrying a portable heater, useful in cold places.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Misogi wrote:What's the website you used? I never thought a "number-letter" would exist.

Personally, I use my wifi home connection for my father's smartphone. It's free with his subscription, and there's no way he'd use more than the 3Gb he has per month, by only checking the trains' arrivals for his work.
I would have to search for the website again, but it was easy to find via Google search. Just look for "phone word" or something like that. Something should pop up pretty easily.
Kira0802 wrote:Though the last one was easy, it is damn hard for a dude who doesn't have sibling/doesn't send messages to figure that SMS code.
kira, you have much to learn, I see.

Return to “Commune”