American Government

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Zell_ff8
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: American Government

Post by Zell_ff8 »

I'm getting quite confused on how I'm being misreaded. Or I really express myself awfully. I never did one single generalization about citizens.
By the contrary, my last post was only about how in capitalism a few ones lives in expenses of hundred of millions. Capitalism is a system where a minority affects a bast majority. I didn't even mention US. McDonalds is everywere, even I go regularly when I'm out of home.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, the topic is more or less about the United States' government, to my knowledge and understanding. Within that context, it is easy to see how you are being "misunderstood." Try putting more context and flesh onto what you are saying. It should help your case. Frankly, right now, from where I am sitting, your statements are broad and kind of condescending and just downright insulting. If you flush things out more, we will probably be able to understand what you are really saying. :)
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

What about the internal critics?
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

whoa a topic of huge discussions! so let me ask this. what kind of studies should a american citizen in general know about their own country? mortgages? foreign policy? banking system? agricultural distribution? car manufacturing? the history on industrial america? etc? I don't blame guys like zell in making generalization since the media likes to project all those negative aspect on our country. I guess how we make ourselves appear creates this ginormous book cover for the US to be judge upon, especially how big our country is. Is even slightly bigger than whole europe and we already have different culture from each state. Then again is the same for us to judge other countries's book covers like the Middle East in terms how their "religions" conflicts with "ours" (though i am neither part of those). With so many different confrontations how is one expect to know all the facts (if they are legit or not) in creating an argument without being brought down to a stupidity level?

baka baka baka
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well thats why we usually have areas of expertise and opinions. As long as arguments can be backed up by reasonable and objective facts then there is no reason why one should know ALL the facts.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Hey all!

Good thing we didn't have a government shutdown, I'm going TDY to Los Angeles again! lol
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Its scary when one extreme group wants the government to shut down...
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

well u got cults that wants the world to end and they're happy with all these misery and destruction we habe.

ps. good to have you back dan. TDY? is that like being a jury or something?

baka baka baka

Return to “Commune”