What's so good about Ecchi?

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: What's so good about Ecchi?

Post by ainsoph9 »

shichinanatsu wrote:@ainsoph: kinda reminds me of the reference to ah my goddess hentai doujins in some other thread here.. the things i shouldn't have seen/read/heard.. :cry:
When I saw that, I was peeved. To me, that was like ruining something for little children.
Rednal wrote:Harem series usually make me sad. :cry: I feel bad for all the girls who like the protagonist but are left heartbroken in favor of the Designated Heroine.

Actual harem endings, though, are win. Everyone can be happy. =D
How are they "win?" The protagonist generally winds up getting screwed over because he is too clueless to work his way out of a wet paper bag.
hobogunner wrote:Well, yeah, even I had my hand translating a Lucky Star doujin, so I certainly know that nothing is safe out there.....I've never seen Nanoha, so I can't speak for that.

K-On! with 5 (to 8 ) girls, and no guys...what do you expect?
People to be somewhat sane? :roll:
shichinanatsu wrote:this is why i prefer harem settings to be left to the VN realm, at least there's specific ends, not just trigger all sorts of flags and keep the girls hanging..

and rednal, you sugisaki ken or something?? :lol:
I cannot disagree on this one.
Rednal wrote:I DID like his personality, yes. He absolutely had the right idea. If anime shows went for the girls I liked (I'm looking at you, Shuffle; Sia was always my favorite), I'd probably be more relaxed about it... but I hate seeing cute girls crying and then brushed aside for someone who's usually the most brainless and boring character on the show. Especially because the girls I like the most are usually among the losers. >o<

For a romance show, I'd rather see the guy pick ONE girl at the very start, and have the others never be more than friends.
I actually like the girl he ended up with.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

shichinanatsu wrote:this is why i prefer harem settings to be left to the VN realm, at least there's specific ends, not just trigger all sorts of flags and keep the girls hanging..
Yeah, but then you wind up with a heart wrenching storyline.....I'll leave my harems to shows and wait until the end, then expect for doujins with the heartbroken ones. :roll: :lol:

(I have legitimately downloaded a VN, skipped through it all, just to achieve the "H-scene get" status that I wanted......so, can't say too much.)

I'm playing this from the pervert-side, to leave a balance.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Rednal
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by Rednal »

If a girl is crying, that's automatically a loss. o wo

Do not want.

Do want.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Don't know, sometimes the crying is necessary to further the development.

Look at Wanko to Kurasou, you're bawling your eyes out from it at one point..... :lol:
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

Shuffle! had kind of a wacky True/Harem End-of-sorts though, if you've managed Essence+, Daisy arc.. besides, if you protag picked one girl over everyone else at the start, you wouldn't have much of a story right? unless we're talking about the anime ver. of White Album.

@Rednal: looking at said pick, you should try a top class naki-ge then, might change your mind. 8)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Rednal wrote:Actual harem endings, though, are win. Everyone can be happy. =D
As I mentionned on AS, they are rare though. One genuine harem end would be Ninomiya-kun, while others are harem until the protagonist decides at the last moment though they already show wints of who they love (see: Shuffle!, Love Hina), or there's no conclusion at all (see Mx0, TLR, Ane Doki). But in all those cases, the protagonist has a liking towards someone in particular, so it doesn't really work...the best example of "balanced affection main guy" would be Ichika from Infinite Stratos, but I rather think he's gay. :roll:
Rednal wrote:For a romance show, I'd rather see the guy pick ONE girl at the very start, and have the others never be more than friends.
There'd be no plot then. :lol:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Kira0802 wrote:
Rednal wrote:For a romance show, I'd rather see the guy pick ONE girl at the very start, and have the others never be more than friends.
There'd be no plot then. :lol:
This is quite true.........although, there could still be plot, it would just be a more realistic SOL. :roll: :lol:
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

besides, your average otaku viewer rarely - if ever - gets the chance to meet and end up with a girl, so of course the boon would be meeting all sorts of attractive women and triggering all sorts of flags. also, for truly realistic SOL, there are other guys, and girls who just aren't interested.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

shichinanatsu wrote:besides, your average otaku viewer rarely - if ever - gets the chance to meet and end up with a girl, so of course the boon would be meeting all sorts of attractive women and triggering all sorts of flags. also, for truly realistic SOL, there are other guys, and girls who just aren't interested.
I never said the guy would wind up with the girl....rather be pining over her and talking to his other girl friends the entire season about her, even though he can't get her. :roll: :lol:

Like me and a chick in my math class. :?
Rednal
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by Rednal »

In fairness, the story of TLR isn't over yet.
Spoiler! :
And one of the characters is ACTIVELY PLOTTING a harem end. XD
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

@hobo: i just had a couple sparks on your scenario..

protag is your average wimp who pines for gakuen idol but of course its a herculean labor, so he gets all sorts of advice from dude friend/s and one other equally average wimp of an osananajimi (likelier than not to be pining for said protag). protag goes through the ropes, eventually transforms into a relatively decent dude (possibly due to one or more "cool" moments at a sport, against goons, et al.), and by the time said gakuen idol FINALLY takes notice of him, said osananajimi either snaps and goes gaga over protag = soapy love triangle, or osananajimi starts going distant leading to protag chasing her all over the place, misunderstandings included, possibly leading to a change of heart..

kinda like Densha Otoko + DNAngel anime, if you will.. 8)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

:lol:

Though, I talk to her almost every day.......I've been in a triangle before, and I don't care if I have to die for it, I'm not going in one again. :? :roll:

My problem is just swallowing my pride and asking her out (which is possibly illegal in the end....).
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

"possibly illegal" eh?? the things i can think of.. :twisted:

anyway, somewhat on-topic, just watched DxD ep10.. finally getting serious and all, still with its own brand of ecchi. (a bit annoying if you ask me though)
Spoiler! :
can't help the fanservice since its Dress Break, but seriously!? also, looking forward to ending the season with Issei vs. Raiser 8)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I don't watch DxD because of that side of it.....is there really much point for me to watch it?
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

if you've read the LN then i don't see why not, it isn't all that bad.. :D personally its not A-list material, but the story itself doesn't call for such standards, just something to read/watch for when you sit back and relax.

and speaking of LN's, anyone here has any info on whether these are even possible??
Index III
IS 2
Mayo Chiki 2

just thought it odd since Horizon's all set for summer 2012.. :?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Return to “Commune”