To onizuka-gto, From ShadowZeroHeart, Hong Kong!!

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: To onizuka-gto, From ShadowZeroHeart, Hong Kong!!

Post by onizuka-gto »

Greeting everyone! I apologise for the communication silence, while indeed I was traveling to HK, I took a detour to visit a holiday resort CITY, in mainland commie china.

That was literally CREATED around three large lakes, has its own town centre, bank, Plaza, hotel, 25 hole golf course, police/security service and frigging bus/personal golf buggy taxi company.

Naturally the idea boggled my mind and I had to go see this place and this holiday home the rest of my family been raving about.

It was located 1hr 40mins from gongzhaou city, (gongzhaou province) and lies on the northern border with the next province. Being almost 2-3 hrs by train from hong kong and the middle of nowhere the house had no internet installed. Probably because my parent seldom use it. Sufficient to say, I have to conclude that the mainland chinese are almost just as barmy as the yanks and has no concept of size or conservation of resources and man power.

Literally outside the holiday city walls was a spawning ghetto city tha was at leased 1km around, that I was assured was only the housing facilities of the construction workers.

It was beautiful but also saddening to see these miserable migrant workers work for rags just for such an artifical city, which was eeriely deserted as 87.21% of the house were unocuppied most of the time as the were majority an holiday home and the rest was being built still.

On a high note, the certainly know what service means, can't wak though to the hotel restraurant without being greeted and helped. Capitalism at its best huh?

Plus I brough my two best white mates along and they had a ego boost seeing a surprising numbers of average-to-drop dead cute/beautiful looking women with slim hourglass figures stare at them which I had to constantly remind them its not that the find you attractive, just that you stick out like panda's in a canadian bear park.

After that interesting trip, went down to macau to see this odd portugese chinese city that could of easily been an alternative reality, laid back attitude, lots of gambling, women and scooters.

Only since this wednesy that I've been back to hk, but then I didn't have much time to chill, been going out every night, ever since my mates discovered it was rediculously easy to court women on the dance floor. :roll:

So we come to the last day of my holiday when I found the time to fix the internet in the house (which works perfectly fine, except when something unexpected stops the net, my dad likes to reset everything,complain the net still doesn't work, then gives up.lol!)

So, I'll bre flying back to the uk tomorrow morning, @ 7am (5am check in, woohoo!)

And service will resume, judging by the number of p.m's I have, someone misses me. Awww I wuv you minio- comrades too. ;)

I'll deal with it when I get back, just have to figure if its worth trying to salvage my carefully laid shopping and meet-old-friends list into one day.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

onizuka-gto wrote:Greeting everyone! I apologise for the communication silence, while indeed I was traveling to HK, I took a detour to visit a holiday resort CITY, in mainland commie china.

That was literally CREATED around three large lakes, has its own town centre, bank, Plaza, hotel, 25 hole golf course, police/security service and frigging bus/personal golf buggy taxi company.

Naturally the idea boggled my mind and I had to go see this place and this holiday home the rest of my family been raving about.

It was located 1hr 40mins from gongzhaou city, (gongzhaou province) and lies on the northern border with the next province. Being almost 2-3 hrs by train from hong kong and the middle of nowhere the house had no internet installed. Probably because my parent seldom use it. Sufficient to say, I have to conclude that the mainland chinese are almost just as barmy as the yanks and has no concept of size or conservation of resources and man power.

Literally outside the holiday city walls was a spawning ghetto city tha was at leased 1km around, that I was assured was only the housing facilities of the construction workers.

It was beautiful but also saddening to see these miserable migrant workers work for rags just for such an artifical city, which was eeriely deserted as 87.21% of the house were unocuppied most of the time as the were majority an holiday home and the rest was being built still.

On a high note, the certainly know what service means, can't wak though to the hotel restraurant without being greeted and helped. Capitalism at its best huh?

Plus I brough my two best white mates along and they had a ego boost seeing a surprising numbers of average-to-drop dead cute/beautiful looking women with slim hourglass figures stare at them which I had to constantly remind them its not that the find you attractive, just that you stick out like panda's in a canadian bear park.

After that interesting trip, went down to macau to see this odd portugese chinese city that could of easily been an alternative reality, laid back attitude, lots of gambling, women and scooters.

Only since this wednesy that I've been back to hk, but then I didn't have much time to chill, been going out every night, ever since my mates discovered it was rediculously easy to court women on the dance floor. :roll:

So we come to the last day of my holiday when I found the time to fix the internet in the house (which works perfectly fine, except when something unexpected stops the net, my dad likes to reset everything,complain the net still doesn't work, then gives up.lol!)

So, I'll bre flying back to the uk tomorrow morning, @ 7am (5am check in, woohoo!)

And service will resume, judging by the number of p.m's I have, someone misses me. Awww I wuv you minio- comrades too. ;)

I'll deal with it when I get back, just have to figure if its worth trying to salvage my carefully laid shopping and meet-old-friends list into one day.... :roll:
lol are you one of the rich archetypes from the anime? damn man need to see some pictures been years since i been to china.

ps. some pics of the *cough* gorgeous girls *cough* if u have any.

baka baka baka
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

onizuka-gto wrote:I have to conclude that the mainland chinese are almost just as barmy as the yanks and has no concept of size or conservation of resources and man power.
I don't know what barmy means, but, I TAKE OFFENSE SIR! :(
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I take offense too.

EVEN IF IT IS TRUE!!!

It's the Fourth of July, and time to remind you (black)tea-drinking pansies we won a war against a small regiment of your military might more than two-hundred years ago.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

You call a total army of 60,000 men a small regiment!? :shock:
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

If Karl Marx were still alive and saw what Oni saw, he'd probably conclude that China is long overdue for a proletariat revolution, only that China already had one 60 years ago and yet somehow it still evolved into this "capitalist mess". So it's all back to square one, Herr Marx.

Currently, mainland China is trying to mimick everything American, only that they're mimicking all the worst aspects of the ignorant Redneck Yanks, but ignoring all the good aspects that made America "great".

BTW, where the hell are you right now, Oni?
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Kinny Riddle wrote:Currently, mainland China is trying to mimick everything American, only that they're mimicking all the worst aspects of the ignorant Redneck Yanks, but ignoring all the good aspects that made America "great".
Wtf...
Kinny Riddle
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Rectifier wrote:
Kinny Riddle wrote:Currently, mainland China is trying to mimick everything American, only that they're mimicking all the worst aspects of the ignorant Redneck Yanks, but ignoring all the good aspects that made America "great".
Wtf...
I know, I had the same reaction when I learned about it.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

konbanwa minna-san!

just got home this morning, still a bit fuzzy from the flight, to make matters worse caught a bit of food poisoning before i left.

Guess its karma, for going to that all you can eat Japanese Restaurant Buffet, but i was weak and it was a one off offer at this amazing place...

Sufficient to say, it was not a pleasant 14-15hr flight, so forgive me if im not in tiptop shape to start looking over thw site, still got my emails to clear up..... :roll:

Just to answer some of the above amusing comments,

1) Yes. I'm one of those rich anime character archetypes, I also can call down mecha's from a geosync satellite platform and call up reinforcements from my underground city base.

2) I have no incrimination evidence of stalking or soliciting of women within the border of People's Republic of China and as a citizen of Hong Kong I have the right to deny all request for any alleged photographic evidence or any indication of bribery.
*scans nervously for any sign of the ICAC*

3) the word "Barmy" is a word to describe something that is incomprehensible, borderline fanaticism, nonsensical in theory and just shy of insanity, all blended into one.
which I think you can appreciate this term is suitable in comparing some common aspects of China and America....

no examples required I trust? :roll: :lol:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Interestingly enough, though both oni and i went to HK, i discovered that most of his post is about mainland resort, rather than HK, just as how i spent more time in mainland than HK... but seriously oni, did anything interesting happen in HK or anything worth mentioning? I had to spend time with relatives, so you might have had more fun than me... I wanna hear about that, so maybe i can go have fun on my own next time? =X
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Interestingly enough, though both oni and i went to HK, i discovered that most of his post is about mainland resort, rather than HK, just as how i spent more time in mainland than HK... but seriously oni, did anything interesting happen in HK or anything worth mentioning? I had to spend time with relatives, so you might have had more fun than me... I wanna hear about that, so maybe i can go have fun on my own next time? =X

yeah, sorry about that, i spent a few days in Macau you see and that kinda burnt me out.

Then when i got back to HK it was party time every night, there really isn't much to say about those, partly because I don't remember much, also the indiscriminate photo evidence is cringe worthy and only suitable for Facebook pawnge... :roll:

Hell, I didn't even get to meet a single one of my old friends and Japanese Office ladies I met last year... *sobs*

Guess there won't be another chance when she sees my facebook tages...

* contemplating strangling his friends*
:evil:

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Commune”