Usergroups suggestion! Join/Create your own Usergroup!

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

psieye
Astral Realm

Post by psieye »

SubordinateFive wrote:
dogtato wrote:after being spurned by nagato yuki club...
Will there be (friendly) inter-faction rivalry like on the Megatokyo forums? Time will tell.
HAHAHAHA, you mean C-kun's page is still up? XD And it hasn't been changed at all in the last two years, including my Mephasis thing. *sighs* good times, and not-so-good times (there were some extremely not-friendly moments in OOC/Author-space faction history).

Well, if history repeats and a spontaneous Fanboy War erupts here as well, I'll be laughing - that was when the friendly inter-faction rivalry really began ^^
SubordinateFive
Astral Realm

Post by SubordinateFive »

psieye wrote:you mean C-kun's page is still up?
It's up, as in it's not down. :P

I started reading Megatokyo in February 2003, beginning with this strip. (Odd that I remember these things...)

Anyway, I didn't participate in the Great Fanboy War. I think it was already over with by the time I started reading. But I later read the archives--good times!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

i don't read the Megatokyo forum although i read the strips. I dunno why i didn't bother.... :P

The only time i read the megatkyo forums was when TLG point out one bit when they started to nick pick the translations yet didn't bother to edit it themselves. lazy gits. :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
psieye
Astral Realm

Post by psieye »

SubordinateFive wrote:
psieye wrote:you mean C-kun's page is still up?
It's up, as in it's not down. :P

I started reading Megatokyo in February 2003, beginning with this strip. (Odd that I remember these things...)

Anyway, I didn't participate in the Great Fanboy War. I think it was already over with by the time I started reading. But I later read the archives--good times!
What I meant was that C-kun's page hadn't changed at all - it's out of date ^^;; And I'm out of date myself as I haven't read what's been going on in tC (the RP continuity that began with the Great Fanboy War, went on to stuff like Normal Day in MegaTokyo, New Blood, The Miho Files, Of Light Shadow and Love, Battle for Continuity, Us vs Them, etc). Yes, tC was a huge project that got messy in several places but is still ongoing - several thousands of pages by now if one were to print it all off.
Aruruu
Astral Realm

Post by Aruruu »

I've been wondering why my name is green for some time, but just now I figured out that it is because I joined the Yuki Nagato Fan Club Group, which happens to be the group moderator for the Yuki Nagato Fan Club Group board. Is that supposed to be intentional? Because it seems pointless that all members of the group are moderators of the board that only they can visit.
SubordinateFive
Astral Realm

Would you rather not have any mod powers?

I thought so. :D
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

well you see, i have to give yuki fan club mod powers for the club forum, because if i didn't and just change the premission in the forum to allow just groups that can enter it, to do all the things you normally do in a forum, would also mean members of the "Organization" can also do the same, since they can enter all "closed forums"....
So its a matter of surrendering the nice green highlight, or allow the yuki club forum for Koizumi terros to post, vote and do all sorts of nasty stuff to undermind Yuki.
:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Nandeyanen
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nandeyanen »

Could someone make a Tsuruya-san fan club? Although she seems to be a minor character, she's says some pretty humorous things, and is pretty likable overall...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Nandeyanen wrote:Could someone make a Tsuruya-san fan club? Although she seems to be a minor character, she's says some pretty humorous things, and is pretty likable overall...
well okay.

:)

Got any suggestion for the name of it?

@Onizukademongto
SubordinateFive
Astral Realm

* must resist SHUFFLE!-style naming...must resist... *

/me gives in—

—kyaa! What have we here? :lol: Try out these tonguetwisters:
  • Tsuta Tsuta Tsuruya
  • Tomo Tomo Tsuruya (here, tomo=friend/companion)
  • Takai Takai Tsuruya
:shock: OK, I've had enough!

/me beats self with a PS2 and dodges Lightning Bolts of Randomness
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

SubordinateFive wrote:* must resist SHUFFLE!-style naming...must resist... *

/me gives in—

—kyaa! What have we here? :lol: Try out these tonguetwisters:
  • Tsuta Tsuta Tsuruya
  • Tomo Tomo Tsuruya (here, tomo=friend/companion)
  • Takai Takai Tsuruya
:shock: OK, I've had enough!

/me beats self with a PS2 and dodges Lightning Bolts of Randomness
ookaay...maybe that was a bad idea... :roll:

I think I'll err on the side of caution and just call it the

Genki Tsuruya-san Club

not very imaginitive, but i;ll change it when a decent non-shuffle style alternative is brought up, same goes withthe description.

:p

@Onizukademongto
Nandeyanen
Senior Project Editor

Post by Nandeyanen »

Well, as long as Tsuruya gets the fanclub she deserves, I'm satisfied. I guess I've found the fan club I'm joining too...
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by the_naming_game »

Why the SHUFFLE! hate, hmmm? I couldn't find anything from looking up "Tsuta", but just from sound, that one seems best. ("legend"?)

How about "Genki Green-haired Goddess Tsuruya Club"? That's 5 letters, not so bad, eh?

That aside, I really hope she gets more character exploration, either in the anime or the novels, as she's definitely a fun character.

Tsuruya and Yuki are probably the two I collect the most images of, for what that's worth. So am I qualified to be a member, hmm, hmm? Well, stalker at least.
SubordinateFive
Astral Realm

the_naming_game wrote:Why the SHUFFLE! hate, hmmm? I couldn't find anything from looking up "Tsuta", but just from sound, that one seems best. ("legend"?)
I don't hate SHUFFLE!—I haven't even seen the series, but it seems interesting. (I've only read the Wikipedia article, so far...) I was just poking fun at the naming style. :P By the way—have you seen SHUFFLE!? If so, would you recommend it?

By the way, "tsuta" means "ivy". (Source: the ever-useful WaKan, and its source is Jim Breen's colossal EDICT.) "Legend" is "tsutae", which I didn't know until I looked up "legend" in WaKan to see where you got that from. I learned something new today!
the_naming_game wrote:How about "Genki Green-haired Goddess Tsuruya Club"? That's 5 letters, not so bad, eh?
I thought her hair was grey...oh well. It does sound good, though, regardless of her hair color.

(I re-watched Episode 4...it's kind of a grey-green color. Oh well. I'm sure the "Genki Tsuruya-san Club" forum--now open for business--will have plenty of pics/fanart to clarify.)
the_naming_game wrote:That aside, I really hope she gets more character exploration, either in the anime or the novels, as she's definitely a fun character.
Agreed.
the_naming_game wrote:Tsuruya and Yuki are probably the two I collect the most images of, for what that's worth. So am I qualified to be a member, hmm, hmm? Well, stalker at least.
Hey, you like the same characters I do! Cool!
Nandeyanen
Senior Project Editor

Post by Nandeyanen »

So I'm a little curious, how are the clubs going to work? Should they be exclusive so that people can only join one, or should it be that you can only join a certain number?

Return to “Commune”