Christmas Revelation

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Christmas Revelation

Post by b0mb3r »

I just realize why we have the ninja vs. pirate war.

Santa is a Ninja

Jesus is a Pirate

Santa can go to billions of home in one night. How? He knows the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu. He must have absorb the nature chakara filled with Christmas spirit (or consumerism) from people.

Why Jesus is a Pirate? Simple. He has a beard.

So they usually have a birthday bash who is the topgun. Ninja Consumers or Pirates Christians?

baka baka baka
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Christmas Revelation

Post by Fushichou »

Ninjas are shoppers and pirates are religious?
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Shouldn't it be the other way round with Jesus and his haxx0rs powers?

You know, all that walking on water and turning water into wine stuff and all, as well as resurrection, the ultimate haxx0rs skill.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

I hope someone here realizes Jesus was not born in December.

Caesar would never call for a nation wide census just before winter since the desert's winter night would be too cold for anybody to cross.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Well, it's not like those census took place within a month. They probably would have taken years to finish it. Also, a child born in the winter would probably have a lot more health problems than one born in the spring - not that God would allow his kid to get sick and die though...

December 25 was a sacred day for some pagan religions, so it was made the day Christ's birthday was celebrated to convert them. Who can say when he was born?
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

He was born in summer or something, right?

We set Christmas in the winter to kill some pagan equinox celebration, I believe.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Beware the talking cat wrote:He was born in summer or something, right?

We set Christmas in the winter to kill some pagan equinox celebration, I believe.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.
When the Roman Emperors converted to Christianity, in order to soften the cultural shock of forcing the entire population convert along with him, the new imperial-sanctioned church adopted a lot of the pagan customs, including the celebration of the winter solstice, where the days will become longer after the shortest day of the year, a fitting celebration for the dawn of God's son.

Ever wondered why Renaissance paintings of God look so much like Zeus? For the same reasons above.

BTW, I'm agnostic for the record, in that while I don't buy their preachings, I'm not entirely hostile to religion, as long as they don't force their beliefs down my throat.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

ALL religions localize to foreign customs in order to spread right. It's just pointed out more often in Christianity than other religions...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Bit like shintoism, where they have managed to fit buddhism customs to fit with the pagan polytheism belief.

Except its more blatant, without the bush whacking. ;)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Commune”