Combining Unicode Subtitles and Video

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Combining Unicode Subtitles and Video

Post by Krikit »

So I'm going through the seven levels of hell trying to figure out how to do this....

I've got an AVI video.

I've got subtitles, timed in an .ass format.

I've tried everything....(guess not cuz it's not working, but it feels that way, lol)

What do I do? I've tried VirtualDub, with a subtitle filter/plugin, I've tried converting the subtitle file to srt, ssa, etc, I've tried using AVI-MUX to make an MKV, the list goes on....and I get nothing.

But I'm trying to do this with Japanese subtitles, so I don't know if the language encoding gets lost somewhere...is there any help out there? Or does someone want to take my video and .ass file and combine them for me? (mkv or avi)??
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Combining Unicode Subtitles and Video

Post by onizuka-gto »

Not sure what you trying to say, that the subtitles aren't showing?
Or that you trying to make a hardsub video and you can't see the subs?

Because even with a separate .ass/srt file, you can still see the subtitles and technically a .mkv is softsub so....
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Combining Unicode Subtitles and Video

Post by Krikit »

I wasn't even seeing the subtitles, even when I used VLC to just add them during the movie, softsub like.

But I've got someone who wants to encode now, so we're okay ^_^

Return to “Commune”