Volume 11, Chapter 6

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Volume 11, Chapter 6

Post by Darknemo2000 »

37% are up.

Confusing stuff is confusing.

To put it simply in his head Saito is translated of the MEANING behind the word rather than the word itself.

So does that mean when he talks to others he is talking with meanings and not words, and it depends on the person who talks with him what kind of words he/she hears?
chrnno
Line Mage

Re: Volume 11, Chapter 6

Post by chrnno »

Thanks for the translation and I feel sorry for you, i can imagine you trying to translate those confusing things into another language and it making sense...

I so want to see what happens now, the "this world" part was way too big a slip to let it pass.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Bob thy dead
Astral Realm

Post by Bob thy dead »

I am so glad that you are putting so much effort into getting this translated. I've been trying to ask a few groups who translate manga and such to try and speed the process along, but so far no one is interested. At least one person is. Thanks a bunch. :D
Sicoe
Mikuru's Master

Post by Sicoe »

Thanks for explaining that Darknemo, that part went right over my head. You're amazing for translating something like that.

Hope there's more Tabitha as she's the best and needs to be included in the story much more.
Faktek
Kyonist

Post by Faktek »

So, Saito can now go any country and he will be able to talk with anyone. He even don't have to worry about dictionaries xD Someone please find this kind of magic for me -.- Anyway everyone have this ability, even if someone like me comes here and speaks bad engrish, you are able to grasp a meaning of this xD

BTW THANKS DARKNEMO
http://mangafeed.net/ One place to track them all
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Oh yeah about the whole spoiled milk. There is a saying that the cat spoiled the milk, it in fact means that it is already done and cannot be changed (so you should not feel sad about it etc.), but Saito understands it not as 'spoiled milk' but rather the meaning behind this saying thus he translates it as irreversible thing happening.
Sicoe
Mikuru's Master

Post by Sicoe »

Isn't the actual English saying "No use crying over spilt milk." Wouldn't that make more sense then "Milk on the plate has been spilt"?
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Well I translated it word to word but you are free to change it
Sicoe
Mikuru's Master

Post by Sicoe »

No thanks, it wouldn't make sense unless you change the other part too which I'd be unsure off. The idiom has probably just been translated into Japanese for the author and now back which gets this all confusing as its talking about translation.
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

50% translated.
Ania
Astral Realm

Post by Ania »

thanks for the translation darknemo...u nvr failed to amazed me with ur fast translation....
carrotglace
Astral Realm

Post by carrotglace »

i love this chapter so far, tabitha's always a fav
Faktek
Kyonist

Post by Faktek »

Thanks again!
http://mangafeed.net/ One place to track them all
Puiu
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by Puiu »

My head hurts because of how much Tabitha talked in this chapter. :P
It's nice to see her slowly opening up to Saito (and the others - maybe). But i don't think they'll make a good couple, she is smaller than Louise!
BTW Saito needs to become a man and take the "big step" already (although i liked how he he didn't have any problem with kissing the queen --several times-- ^_^ +1 for him).
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

It will be nice to see how Tabitha interacts with the others of the group. I don't think it will be the same as Saito but it will be an improvement at least...
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”