Volume 6, Chapter 4

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Matt122004
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Volume 6, Chapter 4

Post by Matt122004 »

Serenade_Beta has confirmed he is currently translating ch. 4 of novel 6.

So, considering that when Serenade says he is doing something, he always does, shapeshifter should start translating ch. 5 after ch. 3.

-Matt
Currently Reading: Dantalian no Shoka 1 Image
ShApEsHiFt3r
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Volume 6, Chapter 4

Post by ShApEsHiFt3r »

Will do, have little interest in what happens in chapter 4 anyway :)
Dawlight
Astral Realm

Post by Dawlight »

And I thought ZnT translations were standing still a few weeks ago...

This is awesome! :3
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Dawlight wrote:And I thought ZnT translations were standing still a few weeks ago...

This is awesome! :3
I know I was thinking the same thing.

Now we have a new translator and Serenade Beta is apparently back.
Last edited by Const2k on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't disable BBCode when you're quoting someone
Juicifer
Astral Realm

Post by Juicifer »

lol so did i! but they are flying through chapters it seems. cant wait for 4 and 5
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

And why do no one notices chapter 2? I think it is pretty interesting and funny by itself (as i do translate it, sadly , alone).
Novaren
Astral Realm

Post by Novaren »

I'm noticing the constant increase of the percentage of completion of chapter 2.

I was going to thank you after you were done^^

So a BIG thank you for doing chapter 2 alone!!!

Seriously I feel something is lacking if chapter 2 is not translated^^
AnCri123
Astral Realm

Post by AnCri123 »

I'm going to join in to say thank you to the people who are currently working on the translations, your work is greatly appreciated.
I cant wait to read volumes 8+ - since there have been very few spoilers about them, most of the stuff there would be new.

By the way, would I be right in saying that there are currently 3 active translators each working on separate chapters:

Darknemo on chapter 2
Serenade_Beta on 4 and
Shapeshifter on 5?

Is this permanent staff or are you guys going to switch to other projects after doing a few chapters?
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Well I am more or less veteran ZnT translator (11 chapters on my head, one of which is volume 5 chapter, which could be counted as 4 separate chapters).

Serenade also was working with ZnT for a while, though took a short break from it recently (4 chapters on his toll, one of which is another volume 5 chapter, as they are worth of 4 normal chapters).

Shapeshifter is still new in ZnT translation but he showed good skills and speed on those 2 chapters that he worked with.

I can't say if we are permanent or not though. Personally, I do not plan to shift somewhere else but who knows...
Juicifer
Astral Realm

Post by Juicifer »

DONT LEAVE ZnT!!

oh yeah, props and much love for translation, you and shapeshifter are translation beasts
Hinagiku-San
Astral Realm

Post by Hinagiku-San »

Hey, I'm new here and I would like to know where exactly you guys read Zero no Tsukaima.
I just started reading it on another site, but sadly they're only up to chapter 9.

If someone would be so kind as to post a link or send me a PM, I would really appreciate it!

-Hinagiku-San :)
Dawlight
Astral Realm

Post by Dawlight »

Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

And So I finally add another series to my collection of addicting B-T translation works....^_^

Spice and Wolf
Toradora!
Zero no Tsukaime
Haruhi
Kaze no Stigma

Currently none of the other projects really jump out at me =).

*need more* and loving the translations =)

This BIG THANKS goes out to all you translators out there working hard to give me my new fix =)
wheelslax1213
Astral Realm

Post by wheelslax1213 »

i just wanted to say thank u sooooo much for translating these novels. I love the series and i really like the novels more then the show. I was just wondering how long it took u to learn Japanese ( if it wasn't ur native language) because i am very interested in learning the language.
Hiyono
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hiyono »

While a common flight of fancy that strikes many an anime/manga fan, learning Japanese is neither easy nor simple. Learning any new language is a difficult and time-consuming task, and the Asian languages more so than most. While a number of factors can affect your learning speed, such as degree of immersion, natural ability, external assistance, etc., expect it to take at least a few years of hard study or total immersion for fluency. As with any endeavor, the most integral aspect is simply dedication. It should be noted, however, that language competency is not an all-or-nothing prospect, i.e. you'll be able to understand more and more as you go along, and thus will be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor perhaps much earlier than that.
"There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible and wrong." H.L. Mencken (1971)

Return to “Zero no Tsukaima”